Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things that irritate me

I used to play prop at rugby. I was smaller in build than was usually expected of someone playing in that position. I once managed to get lifted by the forces from front and rear and was bent double. Something went ping. It was a rib dislocating from cartilage.

'Excruciating' didn't do it it justice.
I cringe at the very thought. The problem with busted ribs was that there was no real treatment, other than just allowing time to heal the fracture, and basic movements could be excruciating. Getting out of bed, for me, often involved rolling sideways off the edge of the bed, manouevring to then get arms onto the bed, then pushing up, like doing a press up, and from there pulling up my feet slowly until able to stand, all the while trying not to bend at the waist.
And the missus would say, "Does it hurt ?"
Bless her.

I cringe at the very thought. The problem with busted ribs was that there was no real treatment, other than just allowing time to heal the fracture, and basic movements could be excruciating. Getting out of bed, for me, often involved rolling sideways off the edge of the bed, manouevring to then get arms onto the bed, then pushing up, like doing a press up, and from there pulling up my feet slowly until able to stand, all the while trying not to bend at the waist.
And the missus would say, "Does it hurt ?"
Bless her.

Coughing was bad. Sneezing was much, much worse. Hiccoughing was the worst of the lot, but, happily, a rare occurrence.

You can feel a sneeze coming and you're making all sorts of deals with a God you don't believe in that he will just make it go away, because you know exactly what's coming with it.

It goes something like, AcchoooAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!

People sitting on my bed and speaking about me as if I wasn't there , cnuts .

That's bloody rude of them.

My ex- wife's mother had polio and was confined to a wheelchair. She was a lovely lady, but taking her for a walk could test her patience when we met a neighbours or so-called friends who always seemed to say something like "How is she today?"

Daz

LE
That's bloody rude of them.

My ex- wife's mother had polio and was confined to a wheelchair. She was a lovely lady, but taking her for a walk could test her patience when we met a neighbours or so-called friends who always seemed to say something like "How is she today?"
Sadly, an all to common experience for wheelchair users

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Sadly, an all to common experience for wheelchair users
Hence the excellent programme 'Does he take sugar?' Which used to be on Radio 4.

Well I'll learn 'em in the morning, getting up at first light and taking the dogs for a bimble in the woods, fed up being treated like a useless cripple :-D :-D

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Well I'll learn 'em in the morning, getting up at first light and taking the dogs for a bimble in the woods, fed up being treated like a useless cripple :-D :-D
That's the spirit. Be a grumpy old beggar instead. Works for me! xx

I don't think so, it's far too erudite to be that tongueturd. I'd put my money on StBob.
Ah, jbgaviation one presumes. How long will this incarnation last one wonders.
I had to google "jbgaviation" and it all made sense, no I have been on here for years just haven’t visited for a while my comments were sincere and heartfelt from someone that regularly bleeds, and occasionally soils my pants / dribbles when I sneeze. no offence intended albeit didn’t realise how sensitive soldiers have got since my day

I had to google "jbgaviation"
Of course you did.

1606729183042.png

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
having a brilliant topic to post here then in the matter of five minutes forgetting what the hell it was !