Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things that irritate me

Mrs Slocombe

Old-Salt
The puerile and toe curling exchanges between Dan Walker, Naga Munchetty and Carol Kirkwood on BBC News this morning. I think it’s meant to be funny, but it belongs on something like the One Show or even CBeebies, not the National News. Beyond irritating.
For those who say watch another channel, I actually prefer my News without constant interruption by adverts.
The sooner Munchetty vacates the sofa and fcuks off to Radio the better, but unfortunately, she’ll be replaced by another box ticking presenter who believes we want to listen to their inane ramblings rather than the News. Nurse!
Naga Munchetty's got a face for radio for sure. Puts me right off my breakfast.

Last edited:
Helpdesk idiots that can't read and ask you for information you've already provided and have logged in their ticketing system.

Bloody taps at work are annoying when I work nights. I go to the bogs and try and wash my hands and arms. The taps are the sensor type that turn on when you put your hands by them. The tap will run for 10 seconds or so and stop. Move on to the next one and so on. They must have turned the water off or something as it only does this on nights, never the other two shifts. How are you supposed to get clean without going around all the sinks?

Push button taps at motorway services or elsewhere that only run whilst the button is pressed. Really useful.

RP.

Just when you think life can’t get any more shit, Steps announce a new album and tour in 2021 and BBC News treat the announcement with due reverence, giving Naga yet another chance to demonstrate her suitability for CBeebies. Tragedy indeed. :smile:

Just when you think life can’t get any more shit, Steps announce a new album and tour in 2021 and BBC News treat the announcement with due reverence, giving Naga yet another chance to demonstrate her suitability for CBeebies. Tragedy indeed. :smile:

Bros have just announced a new album...

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
You would inflict that witch on small children?????

The horror!

Norsemaid

Clanker
Cor. What a bastard. I really sympathise with you but can't offer any valid suggestions of help. Complain to police about breach of Covid rules? I don't think that would work. Grumble to NHS? Possibly, if it involves breach of rules and potential spread of Covid.

Speak to the local media, and run the risk of misunderstandings or over-hype?

And all balanced against the interest of the children and the effect on them.

All I can say is that there are people on this site who will support you. Best wishes.
I got ******* boiling angry yesterday
"Can I drop off the kids , I have to go back to work ?"
So sons ex bitch drops the kids off at 3 so she can go to work, and they are with us for "Tea"(we're scottish), son joins us as well, after he finishes work
that's when we find out the kids hadn't been to school AGAIN!!! , she'd taken them to Glasgow and stayed withher boyfriend and his family all weekend, yet again , and hadn't bothered to get back for the kids school on Monday, anyway , Toots has left her school bag and school clothes in bitches car, son phones her(she's changed her phone and not given us the number) only to find out , she hasn't gone to work, she's fucked off back to Glasgow again
Now apart from the fact she is neglecting the kids education, she is now taking them from a tier 3 zone , into a tier 4 zone, then bringing them back and dumping them with two pensioners,(us) both with health problems.
Apart from this , she is a carer, it makes no difference to me if it's end of life care that she does, she works for the health services and is potentially carrying covid back and forth , her Gran is dying with brain cancer , her granddad has COPD , as has her mother and she is in and out of their houses all the time.

I was angry, wife was angry , but nothing compared to son, especially after the young lad called him " Phil" ( the boyfriends name ) instead of Dad

He has been to social workers today , and the school, with instructions that they contact him directly if for any reason the kids are absent, things were going ok for him , his biggest problem is he works continental hours and it was working with bitch , but now she's back doing what she was when they were together letting him do all the work with the kids , god only knows WTF her house is like now he's not there to do the cleaning and cooking ...I don't suppose we'll ever know

and breathe
Why isn't the school picking up on the absent children? Or are the excuses given causing concern ?
I can only imagine your frustrations anger and anxieties .

Why isn't the school picking up on the absent children? Or are the excuses given causing concern ?
I can only imagine your frustrations anger and anxieties .
she still has too much control , son needs her to have the kids during the week so he can get to work monday until thursday, if we start kicking off , we just don't get to see the kids until it's his weekend , so can't actually monitor them , It is very frustrating , latest is , she is again in hospita(again)l , this time it is gall bladder ( strange that every time me or wife have anything wrong , it happens to her a couple of months later, don't thing she could convince the doctor she was needing a new heart valve last year though, and wife hwas just fully recovered from having HER gall bladder removed)... asked my son how she was ," I neither know nor care " was his answer

Bloody taps at work are annoying when I work nights. I go to the bogs and try and wash my hands and arms. The taps are the sensor type that turn on when you put your hands by them. The tap will run for 10 seconds or so and stop. Move on to the next one and so on. They must have turned the water off or something as it only does this on nights, never the other two shifts. How are you supposed to get clean without going around all the sinks?

Push button taps at motorway services or elsewhere that only run whilst the button is pressed. Really useful.

RP.
Log it as a Health and Safety incident, (you must have access to a H&S reporting form) they are obliged by law to investigate it then.

jbgaviation

Clanker
Nuisance & Threatening scam phone calls really annoy me.

My Mother who has mild Alzheimer's Disease just had one and felt very worried about it.
Fortunately I was on hand to speak to the scammer who got upset when no scam was happening.

The Met Police have produced a very worthy booklet for those seniors & vulnerable that might be worried, if they get this time of call.

Log it as a Health and Safety incident, (you must have access to a H&S reporting form) they are obliged by law to investigate it then.
You sound like a middle aged admin assistant who works in a council office that's just completed an online H&S presentation.

Nuisance & Threatening scam phone calls really annoy me.

My Mother who has mild Alzheimer's Disease just had one and felt very worried about it.
Fortunately I was on hand to speak to the scammer who got upset when no scam was happening.

The Met Police have produced a very worthy booklet for those seniors & vulnerable that might be worried, if they get this time of call.

1606480479827.jpeg

Latest Threads