Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things that irritate me

The weekly Opinion Poll ‘news’. Apparently Labour are now a few points ahead of the Tories, thanks mainly to the combination of a hostile MSM, a pretty shambolic performance tackling Covid and the ‘Leadership’ being shown by Keir Starmer.
Hello! We only had an election 10 months ago and the Tories secured an 80 seat majority, so you can ram your Opinion Polls where the sun doesn’t shine (for now at least).

Opinion polls don't matter, it's who counts the votes that matters

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I seem to remember car prices with "plus purchase tax and car tax" - the latter being a separate tax on the price of a new car, and not just the circular bit of paper on the windscreen..........
Unless you bought a kit car, or a van.
Nowadays you pay VAT on the Car Tax!

The constant 'Negativity' of the Media.

Oddly , mostly from 'Dead' Newspapers - namely Guardian/Independent/Observer/ all begging for money/using pay-walls - and ANY Tom,Dick or Harry Journo.who fancies themselves as the arbiters of ALL information from Number 10 - and 'other' secretive places !

Moan - Whinge - Bellyache.........It's endless & SO boring - which is why I ENJOY the arrival of Boris Johnson and his efforts to get things going AFTER Dec.31 2020.

As for the BBC - simply hopeless !

Nowadays you pay VAT on the Car Tax!

And petrol where you pay vat on top of the fuel duty which is another tax added on the price of petrol at the pumps

So you literally pay a value added tax on top of another tax, fitting their motto once of tax doesn't have to be taxing

quilter

War Hero
Privileged spectators at Tennis tournaments (French Open currently) heads bowed, tapping/gawping at their mobiles whilst legends play their hearts out in front of them, watched this typical scenario at some of the Wimbledon games I have been so fortunate to attend, what is wrong with these people. :-x

Privileged spectators at Tennis tournaments (French Open currently) heads bowed, tapping/gawping at their mobiles whilst legends play their hearts out in front of them, watched this typical scenario at some of the Wimbledon games I have been so fortunate to attend, what is wrong with these people. :-x

Because tennis is very boring indeed.

Not worth bothering the Mong thread with but little pricks fighting battles they don't need to fight. I'm generally fairly relaxed but one thing that really pisses me off is giving a simple direct instruction to a gobshite and them then deliberately doing what I've said not to do, just to see if they get a reaction.

Arrogant little shit today decided he wanted to hang about disrupting another class. I told him repeatedly to go away and wait for his mates somewhere else. He pretends to walk off, then walks back as soon as my back is turned and starts arguing with a technician.

I've lost my early finish tomorrow as I'm busy supervising him in detention. Worth it for fucking up the start of his weekend.

Fucking Pro Plus. I was knackered so took a couple of caffeine pills about 9pm to try and finish the work I needed to do.

Didn't work, I still fell asleep and woke up after my unintended nap gone midnight. It's now half 2 in the fucking morning and I'm fucking chirpy. I'm going to want to sleep around 8am in work. Bollocks.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

jmb3296

War Hero
******* Pro Plus. I was knackered so took a couple of caffeine pills about 9pm to try and finish the work I needed to do.

Didn't work, I still fell asleep and woke up after my unintended nap gone midnight. It's now half 2 in the ******* morning and I'm ******* chirpy. I'm going to want to sleep around 8am in work. Bollocks.
Chap in detention this afternoon is in for an even worse time than he anticipated

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Cough - I LOVE IT and it's not boring unless you don't understand the rules and ipso dipso why bother buying expensive tickets if you are so BORED?? Horses for courses old chap.
I loved tennis and went to Wimbledon regularly in the 70s and 80s, before it became baseline boring ball bashing and waiting for the opposition to miss the line. These days I would rather read arrse.

I've lost my early finish tomorrow as I'm busy supervising him in detention. Worth it for ******* up the start of his weekend.
Please tell me you’ll also use the phrase: “you‘re in your own time now- I’m in no rush- my missus is ugly and tea is a salad” several times.

Yokel

LE
Not worth bothering the Mong thread with but little pricks fighting battles they don't need to fight. I'm generally fairly relaxed but one thing that really pisses me off is giving a simple direct instruction to a gobshite and them then deliberately doing what I've said not to do, just to see if they get a reaction.

Arrogant little shit today decided he wanted to hang about disrupting another class. I told him repeatedly to go away and wait for his mates somewhere else. He pretends to walk off, then walks back as soon as my back is turned and starts arguing with a technician.

I've lost my early finish tomorrow as I'm busy supervising him in detention. Worth it for ******* up the start of his weekend.

I remember being given lines that went something like I must learn that in future, the disruption of Mr Moony Chisel Chin's lesson by the production of excessive noise will not be tolerated.

The whole class were supposed to get lines, teo at a time, but only my mate and I did. We had the discipline to sit in the room and do them without supervision.

Can you find things for matey boy to do - perhaps looking up certain pages of a textbook?

Don't you have a L6 dummy round and a large playground for him to run around.

Latest Threads