Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things that irritate me

At the moment we have a valley of fully occupied holiday cottages.
Six of them by entitled middle class Geordies and two by doctors family’s , one from West Yorkshire and one from Blackburn.
All from areas in lockdown and not supposed to be spreading virus about.
Grasmere was rammed with the feckkers on Saturday I’m told, cheek by jowl and hardly a mask to be seen.
and breath.!!!.

quilter

War Hero
Which reminds me, is it “shedule” or “skedule” ?
Best help is to have a dictionary to hand as it will advise how words are pronounced, I expect it can be found on your smart phone - as a child I never heard anyone say recipe, poignant or quayside and you can imagine my joy at finding a dictionary. :grin:

Teeblerone

Old-Salt
Having to buy a birthday card and present for the missus from the dog.

Every year the same pantomime.

Last year "the dog" gave her a remote controlled car for him to chase around the house.
She didn't get the hint so this year it's not happening.

As for the saying "You can't give to one without the other."
Yes you can it's their birthday, they can have a present, the other young siblings can wait for their own big day.

I think it's an excellent idea to get the dog a chase car! This year, get the missus a hoover with a bone & squeaky toy superglued to it & see if that gets any reaction :)

"
As for the saying "You can't give to one without the other."
Yes you can it's their birthday, they can have a present, the other young siblings can wait for their own big day."
I made an exception for the Polish twin-sisters I was seeing.
That became irritating for a while, but I got some cream from the chemist and it cleared up nicely.

Teeblerone

Old-Salt
Every time I used one of those conveyor belt toasters everyone else got their toast but mine never came out, I waited there for over an hour but it never appeared, some of my mates even got two slices !

I like to warm up my bacon, hash browns and sausages in them. Doesn't work well for fried eggs.
Even worse for beans & scrambled eggs.

Planning Departments.
Went to see a new build today. As it’s being built on the site of a former building the planners insisted it was built on the footprint of the original building.
This means the back of the house is about one metre from a new wooden retaining wall. This is holding back an embankment covered in hazel saplings and elderberry shrubs, and a small lane giving access to the site.
So the back of the house is very dark. The lane going along the back of the house is at the same level as the first floor bedrooms.
All this on a two acre site. The house could easily be moved forwards by 50 metres and benefit from more daylight all around.
Buffoons.

Chef

LE
A woman I know was in France, she was looking for some products that were free from preservatives.
Contraceptives in France are known as preservatifs.
Apparently much hilarity ensued.

Also known as a 'capote' French for overcoat, which makes sense. Anyway.

An Englishman man was in France for his wife's funeral, don't ask, and finding the weather turn suddenly cold wished to buy an overcoat. Not knowing where to go for one he popped into a chemist to ask.

His schoolboy French kicked in:

'Bonjour madame, je voudrai une capote noir s'il vous plait, parce que cest les funérailles de ma femme aujourd’hui'

The woman behind the counter looked at him and sighed

'Oh monsieur, quelle delicatesse!'

I'm here all week, do try the veal.

Spent a couple of hours in a restuarant last night. The tables either side of me had diners in their twenties. Every single sentence that they uttered contained the word, "like" (often used more than once). For example:
Woman: "My client asked me to to meet her customer and like I didn't get home until late that evening."
Man: My girl friend said she wanted me to visit her mother and I was like really pissed off as I knew she kinda like hated my guts."
At first I thought it was hilarious but by the time I left I found it infuriating.

wheel

LE
At the moment we have a valley of fully occupied holiday cottages.
Six of them by entitled middle class Geordies and two by doctors family’s , one from West Yorkshire and one from Blackburn.
All from areas in lockdown and not supposed to be spreading virus about.
Grasmere was rammed with the feckkers on Saturday I’m told, cheek by jowl and hardly a mask to be seen.
and breath.!!!.
There is no such thing

Starting to hear more and more the horrible rising voice pitch at the end of sentence, making every sentence sound like a question.
A Southern Hemisphere import I believe, though starting to hear Yanks do this now.

Spent a couple of hours in a restuarant last night. The tables either side of me had diners in their twenties. Every single sentence that they uttered contained the word, "like" (often used more than once). For example:
Woman: "My client asked me to to meet her customer and like I didn't get home until late that evening."
Man: My girl friend said she wanted me to visit her mother and I was like really pissed off as I knew she kinda like hated my guts."
At first I thought it was hilarious but by the time I left I found it infuriating.
I may have like mentioned this like already.

Chef

LE
You are, like, literally Hitler.

I used to watch Mr Kyle's freak show on and off. One victim was saying:

'It was was Christmas Eve, literally the day before Christmas'

And they say the younger generations are ignorant.

Latest Threads