Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things that irritate me

Forgive me: did you mean specifically?;)

FA7C5ADD-D233-4675-98CB-6E1699B2BB58.gif

Apologists for poor grammar.

By trying to laugh off the misuse of very simple, common English words such as "their" and "there", they are excusing people who didn't listen in school.

Thickness should not be excused.

Bloody hell!

I’ve just seen a recruitment ad on TV for the Police For.....Service. Must have been 80% at least of the coppers shown were BAME

Take a closer look at the majority of TV adds, either BAME, ginger, or something that is not white, physically fit, or verbally challenged, WHY? the bloody bog cleaner, mattresses, sofas, insurance, and slimy banks couldn't care less, all they want is your money.

Overpaid Premier League footballers still taking the effing knee - and Sky televising it with all the reverence of Remembrance Sunday. FFS! :-x

Take a closer look at the majority of TV adds, either BAME, ginger, or something that is not white, physically fit, or verbally challenged, WHY? the bloody bog cleaner, mattresses, sofas, insurance, and slimy banks couldn't care less, all they want is your money.

Oh I know, I was just taken aback by the blatant over-ethnicism (real word, honest) of the Police ad’.

quilter

War Hero
Pedantic and proud of it sunshine, extracting the urine ........ gets my goat when folks say bare with me, feel like screaming hang on I'll get my kit off you pillock. I am a pussycat really, (never wake a sleeping tiger from the movie Love is a Many splendoured thing) ;)

The Unigate factory in Oswestry did that.All the same cheese, just added different colours for the various types.
Well it's all milk when all is said and done.

Wait, what?

But you've been telling us that everyone on the dialling end of a 999 call are all stupid, fag-smoking, racist, lowlife, social media-addicted scum, and now it appears one (or perhaps several) has got through the rigorous training and has taken up residence in the Halls of Magnificence from whence you dispense your god-like wisdom, pity and the occasional emergency service amongst us eaters of dirt?

Oi, you cheeky twat! I eat worms, not dirt. It's a tasty wriggly wrapping.

We’re planning a house refurb at the moment & have spent most of this week trolling around looking for furniture, carpet, tiles etc so have spent quite a bit of time in shops & retail parks.

It really annoys me how many Pakistani & black folk you see walking around inside shops without any face masks on. I’d say 60% or more. Most whites people seem to adhere to the rule, as do Sikhs/Indians. But other parts of the community, no way. But as we’ve all read, they’re more susceptible to covaids than others. I can understand one member of the group being exempt, but not a whole family.
Plus nobody is policing it. Shop staff or security. They just walk in and around completely unchallenged.
They’ll however be blaming bad Tories any time soon for not doing enough.
You can lead a horse to water...

I tend not to wear one, but then, I've had it, and am way past the point of being infectious. I carry one though, and If challenged, will put it on, and explain why.

I believe @NSP utilises a good solution to this, in order to avoid having to get up and wander to another compartment onboard for a piss. Simply get yourself a pack of Pampers premium disposable nappies and wrap one of those round your knob of a night. He once did come a cropper though when he forgot he was wearing his crotch less panties and it wasn’t held in position.

He sank the ship? That was one hell of a swamp!