Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things that irritate me

Please tell me you didn't eat that shit?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Were you living in Boston, Lincs around 1962, if you were I'm the man with the long tongue,
properly someone else, but there you go :)
My 4th birthday was in 1962......

quilter

War Hero
That is 3” longer than mine, despite me being over 6’1”.
Strange leg length in proportion to height, my daughter has a 32” inside leg but is only 5’7”.
Well if we are comparing - I was 5.7" (now 5.6 and half" after my new hip replacement - don't ask ) - inside leg 31"., some folks have long trunks and short legs and variations sometimes known as low slung bums, some of us are perfectly proportioned ;)

Well if we are comparing - I was 5.7" (now 5.6 and half" after my new hip replacement - don't ask ) - inside leg 31"., some folks have long trunks and short legs and variations sometimes known as low slung bums, some of us are perfectly proportioned ;)
Being perfectly proportioned is not a claim I could ever make.

Saveloy and slap chips :)

The Saveloys we used to get at the chippie, last was in Wooburn Green, were very dfferent to Russian sausages. Have they changed the recipe?

You cant even importi themwhich is a pity as I loved them after the pub.

Last edited:
When visiting father's side of the family, so was I. Uncle 6'6, male cousin 6'4, female cousin 5'12 (as ladies are ...), aunt 5'11, her brother my father was 6'2. His parents both scraped 5'2. Lord knows where it came from! My sisters followed mother's side of the family. The taller is 5'4, the shorter 5'1. They hated having my hand-me-downs!
All my grandparents were under 5' 6", but my mother inherited tall genes from somewhere, so I ended up with an inside leg measurement longer than yours.

We should compare some time ;)

The Saveloys we used to get at the chippie, last was in Wooburn Green, were very dfferent to Russian sausages. Have they changed the recipe?

You cant even importi themwhich is a pity as I loved them after the pub.

Order the spice from Freddie Hirsch in SA and get a tame local butcher to make them for you. Even better if you have a Saffer butcher in the area, as he'll know what you're talking about.

Twats in hats.

We will have all come across the 'twat in a hat' even the 'twat in a hat' will have, although ironically they don't realise that they are a 'twat in a hat'.

I am of course referring to any driver wearing a head covering.

The Peugeot doing 40 in a twisty 60 road that you cant quite see far enough past to overtake will be peering myopically from under the brim of his flat cap.

The clapped out Micra with after market gold alloys (a Micra for christs sake) hammering it past in the 30 zone will look like he's raided Jay Kays hat box.

Any driver wearing a hat will automatically qualify for 'Peugeot Driver status' and for those of you who are thinking 'I wear a hat while driving and I'm not a twat', I'm afraid the news is you are!

If you also looked at the assorted variety of cars you could have bought (even Vauxhalls) and thought 'No I think Peugeot is the car for me'.
Cut your license in half and return it to Swansea before setting fire to the offending car while you're inside which will go someway towards an apology to the rest of us.

I guess I am no longer a twat. I used to wear a baseball cap in my Audi cabriolet with the roof down when it was sunny, to stop my swede burning, or a warm hat when roof off in winter. Car sold, (after breaking down numerous times, rather irritatingly) so I no longer wear a hat in the car.

RP.

Mmmmmrussians...

This is the badger...

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
All our legs go from our bums to the ground and are therefore just the right size.

Mrs Slocombe

Old-Salt
The fact that 32mm and 40mm plumbing waste pipe and the associated joint works dont actually fit if bought from different hardware places. Surely to **** 32mm and 40mm isn't hard to get right- it's a precise measurement :x
Well I never understand why plumbers need two dozen different bits when I could do the same with two Jubilee clips and a length of automotive hose.

Teeblerone

Old-Salt
Masterchef. John Turdride and Greg Waster, or whoever they are. Smug, patronising, sneery arses. I bet they can't even boil toast.
Hammy Ainsley Harriet.
Whiney Henry motorbike man.
Droopycock Pritchard Salvage Hunter, piggy eyed chiseler.
Similarly smug/whiny-accented knobbers that do the ?ITV/Ch4 Sunday lunchtime cookery thing (cockery, more like).
PRick Stein.
Schedulers that prevent Lorraine Pascale and Keith Floyd being shown instead.

Latest Threads