Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things that irritate me

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Have a look at

Threaten them with a report from one of the above suggesting that if anything untoward is found, the garage will rectify it and pay the cost of the inspection.

Failing that, see if you can get it into a council run MOT centre MOT and vehicle care services for them to check it out.
Rear discs and pads replaced today by Automotive Engineer Excellent excellent. Old bits now in boot to continue pursuit via Toyota head office, then trading standards.

Sod the rest of the Warranty period (18months to run). Engineer Excellent will be looking after the car from now on.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
My 5' tall relative-in-law in Sydney said on meeting me for the first time
'My brother told me you are tall, but you're a GIANT'.

I've been 5'10 since I was 14. Back then I thought it was a curse, but now I quite like it.

Teeblerone

Old-Salt
Authentic , and other words used by ******* to describe things. As in I looked at Facebook marketplace and saw that someone was selling some old tea chests described as ' authentic tea chests '.
As opposed to fake tea chests ? I saw somebody else selling a little old trailer as well , apparently that was 'very authentic ' as well ?!?! .

Literally doesn't mean anything .

And 'artisan'.
Back in the Days Of Olde when we had car boot sales, there was a knobbend, wearing a tweed coat, flat cap, probably red or mustard corduroys, with his branded gazebo, selling 'Artisan Honey'. FFS!! (worse it might have been 'Artisanal Honey').

Admittedly, I was suffering the wrath of grapes (and grain), but I stand by my 5 minute foul-mouthed rant asking what was skilled about pouring honey into jars and where were the artisans that actually made the stuff etc. what a smarmy git he was. I wish I'd pushed the table over. Grr.

Artisan usually means the producers children have had their snotty fingers in it and a little wee. It doesn't mean it's any good - in fact it's probably worse than people who know what they're doing making the stuff.
Bread shortages in April saw the local co-op selling 'artisan bread'; it was foul. Crumbly, tasted stale.

Likewise 'executive'.
Sounds good.
But labelling anything and everything 'executive'?
ie 'Executive baby car seat'

'Had russian and chips for lunch today.'

'Awesome!'

No, it's fucking not! It was tasty but nothing to get over excited about and cream my shorts.

chimera

LE
People driving in a car on their own wearing a face mask.

And 'artisan'.
Back in the Days Of Olde when we had car boot sales, there was a knobbend, wearing a tweed coat, flat cap, probably red or mustard corduroys, with his branded gazebo, selling 'Artisan Honey'. FFS!! (worse it might have been 'Artisanal Honey').

Admittedly, I was suffering the wrath of grapes (and grain), but I stand by my 5 minute foul-mouthed rant asking what was skilled about pouring honey into jars and where were the artisans that actually made the stuff etc. what a smarmy git he was. I wish I'd pushed the table over. Grr.

Artisan usually means the producers children have had their snotty fingers in it and a little wee. It doesn't mean it's any good - in fact it's probably worse than people who know what they're doing making the stuff.
Bread shortages in April saw the local co-op selling 'artisan bread'; it was foul. Crumbly, tasted stale.

Not so widely heard, but used by arty meeja types: Echt.

All it means is 'genuine', 'real' or 'true'. It's just an opportunity for an arts reviewer to use a German word when the perfectly serviceable English equivalents simply aren't pretentious enough.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
My wife was 6 feet 1, Our son is 6ft 5
I am the midget!
When visiting father's side of the family, so was I. Uncle 6'6, male cousin 6'4, female cousin 5'12 (as ladies are ...), aunt 5'11, her brother my father was 6'2. His parents both scraped 5'2. Lord knows where it came from! My sisters followed mother's side of the family. The taller is 5'4, the shorter 5'1. They hated having my hand-me-downs!

back on thread - it used to irritate me being unable to buy trousers or shoes to fit in the UK in the 1970s. Fortunately father's posting to the Land of the Torchlight Procession meant I could buy fitting clothes there in the school holidays.

WTF is russian and chips?

The fact that 32mm and 40mm plumbing waste pipe and the associated joint works dont actually fit if bought from different hardware places. Surely to **** 32mm and 40mm isn't hard to get right- it's a precise measurement :x
Use a universal repair joiner from PM, fits all sizes. Got mine from pipestock.com

Hot Dog or Savloy with chips then

More a kielbasa.

Apologies in advance folks:-
To my untrained eye this gives the appearance of the remnants of 4 tortured penile amputations:eek:, now if they had been bratties they would have looked quite innocent.....................o_O:?

They're slashed and then deep fried in the chip fat with the chips. Smokey, spicy flavour.

Latest Threads