Things that irritate me

I’ve flown my paraglider at over 1000m AGL, not a twitch. I’ve had disco leg on a 20m ‘cliff.’ No idea why... control of the situation, maybe?

vinniethemanxcat

On ROPS
On ROPs
The latest naval gazing over half a dozen Grand Prix drivers not ‘taking the knee’. Good on them I say. What isn’t being discussed in detail is that every one of them were wearing t-shirts clearly showing their abhorrence of racism. Predictably, arch hypocrite Lewis Hamilton accuses them of ‘disrespect’.
Whatever happened to freedom of choice? Bloody annoying all this BLM shite, particularly the Media’s stance, which doesn’t seem to allow counter discussion or analysis.

They should get T- shirts made up with Black Billionaires Matter.

(Monaco Branch )

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
They should get T- shirts made up with Black Billionaires Matter.

(Monaco Branch )
Little more irritating than a bunch of millionaires bending their knees to an organisation created to destroy them, the companies that pay their wages, and the very society that sustains their industry.

ABNredleg

War Hero
Seeing as it's 'this' thread, none of you dashing sky stallions will be too troubled if asked this irritatingly bone question......

At what height did one become 'detached' from ground mode (ie scared of heights etc.) to flying mode.... Aerodynamically Free as a bird sh*t..?

I used to ride in a flying pram at a mates farm..,I felt we needed to be
4-500 ft up before I could feel as if we should actually be airborne rather than bouncing along a cart track worrying about walls , wires and pylons..
ETA.
He wouldn't even climb a bloody stepladder on the yard.

We had a ride in a hot air balloon in Spain early one morning, absolutely dead calm just went 1800ft straight up...
Scared shitless just remembering it, total silence and you were free to lean as far over the basket side as you dare...it really wasnt very pleasurable even with copious amounts of 'fizz' to excite/calm ones senses!
Not a pilot, but I was told at Airborne School that the towers we jumped out of during tower week were 34 feet tall because above that height you became, as you put it, detached from ground mode.

1593996589086.jpeg

Son got his arse handed to him yesterday
him and kids round for lunch , Doris has her rules , and table manners are tops
young lad (7) chomping away with mouth open , elbows on the table , not using his knife to cut food just holding it on his fork ...she was getting really pissed off his dad says " lay off him mum , that's why he says he doesn't want to come round here
drags son out side " MY FUCKING HOUSE , MY FUCKING RULES!"
granddaughter raises her eyes at me , looking shocked , never heard granny say the F word ( heard me say it occasionally when I don't realise kids are around)
thing is , kids without good manners , especially at the table, really really piss us both off, as I have posted here before, and there is no excuse in my house. FFS my son lived here long enough to understand this

Son got his arse handed to him yesterday
him and kids round for lunch , Doris has her rules , and table manners are tops
young lad (7) chomping away with mouth open , elbows on the table , not using his knife to cut food just holding it on his fork ...she was getting really pissed off his dad says " lay off him mum , that's why he says he doesn't want to come round here
drags son out side " MY ******* HOUSE , MY ******* RULES!"
granddaughter raises her eyes at me , looking shocked , never heard granny say the F word ( heard me say it occasionally when I don't realise kids are around)
thing is , kids without good manners , especially at the table, really really piss us both off, as I have posted here before, and there is no excuse in my house. FFS my son lived here long enough to understand this
Pre lock down my wife and I were taken out for lunch with some friends.Their children came along.
Five minutes of good behaviour - then their kids went berserk.Running around screaming and shouting, knocking into other customers and the very pissed off staff. I asked if they could not control their own children? I was told that they do what they want at home, and they (the parents) "encourage freedom of expression"
We left five minutes later.Not heard from them since.

Pre lock down my wife and I were taken out for lunch with some friends.Their children came along.
Five minutes of good behaviour - then their kids went berserk.Running around screaming and shouting, knocking into other customers and the very pissed off staff. I asked if they could not control their own children? I was told that they do what they want at home, and they (the parents) "encourage freedom of expression"
We left five minutes later.Not heard from them since.
Then, when said children become teenagers, the parents wonder why they won't do what they are told.

Too busy being friends with their kids to be parents.

People who call their children "mate"
Or those (mothers usually) who describe their daughter as their 'best friend'. I suspect that it's got something to do with trying to fend off the ageing process.

No wonder so many kids are directionless.

People who call their children "mate"
Police officers who refer to crime-breaking chavs as mate. No wonder respect for them is dropping off the chart when they refer to everyone, even those they've caught in the act, as mate.

A certain person on the farm choosing to record animal movements by the animals pet name not its tag number,
The records are based on numbers, not sodding names.
GGrrrrrrrr.

Not wishing to point the finger at Mrs WW , no sireee

Management making rash decisions I can understand, this is a new situation for everyone. What is getting on my tits is repeatedly making decisions on the spur of the moment with piss-poor communication of what is wanted. Asking people to clarify exactly what is expected gets several different contradictory responses or awkward silence and I'm not sure which one is less helpful.

I'm hoping someone gets back to me before tomorrow morning. If not I'm going to have to send a message along the lines of "You are doing X next week. You might be doing Y but I haven't heard back yet. I don't think you will be doing Z from the vague pronouncement but someone might change their mind about that in the next 12 hours".

I have no issue with me looking like an incompetent dickhead when it's my fault but I object to being made to look incompetent when I've done my best to fix other people's problems. Piss up and brewery come to mind.

Useless wimp battery powered drills.:mad: that would not whisk an egg.
Not that I could previously justify going mental on a trades level Dewalt really until retired.
Got a Dewalt weapon delivered today, mains power.
Flippin' eck. It's a torque laden beasty.
Various jobs list including polishing an alloy cam cover.
I'll practice on scrap first methinks.
What a tool...not me..the drill.
You get what you pay for.....

Latest Threads