Things that irritate me

I'm gunna weigh into this, as what really grates my shit are the old fcuks who with their receding hairline (hair dye optional), grow a fcuking pony tail! WTF! And, to really, really, really, top it off have an ear-ring. No, you are not gunna get back your yoof, no matter how much you try..with your beer belly et al.

*and breath*
got a few round here..............

It’s never ending and a BBC News wet dream, including Meghan (who?) droning on this morning - a pity she doesn’t give a shit about her own Dad.
ALL lives matter ffs! :x

Probably, for now, news interviewees competing for the best background book collections...without thinking of trimming their bogle laden nasal hairs depending on how close their Notepad camera is set.
Most of their honks rival Concord at close quarters. Chances are a few of 'em have been sitting with their cocks out beneath the desk.;)
Mingin'

My fucking wanky iPad. I was doing some recording of answers and then the thing tells me there is insufficient space.

Fair enough, my fault for not checking before I started. Delete about 10 Gb of stuff I no longer need and try again. Only it turns out the fucking thing decided not to delete the stuff I'd asked it to, just moved it to a different folder. Another batch of work met with the same 'insufficient space' message and wasted.

I went on a proper tidy up and told it to delete the 4 hundred odd deleted emails I've had this week, then told it to delete the deleted versions. It's helpfully moved over 300 of them into the draft folder. They don't exist on the server, just my iPad, but are still taking up storage space and now need selecting individually to be deleted. Except I can't delete them because if I try I get told the message cannot be moved to Trash.

What a pile of shit.

Bob Upndown

War Hero
My ******* wanky iPad. I was doing some recording of answers and then the thing tells me there is insufficient space.

Fair enough, my fault for not checking before I started. Delete about 10 Gb of stuff I no longer need and try again. Only it turns out the ******* thing decided not to delete the stuff I'd asked it to, just moved it to a different folder. Another batch of work met with the same 'insufficient space' message and wasted.

I went on a proper tidy up and told it to delete the 4 hundred odd deleted emails I've had this week, then told it to delete the deleted versions. It's helpfully moved over 300 of them into the draft folder. They don't exist on the server, just my iPad, but are still taking up storage space and now need selecting individually to be deleted. Except I can't delete them because if I try I get told the message cannot be moved to Trash.

What a pile of shit.
I'm generally a glass-half-full type of chap but I've learnt to reset my expectations when it comes to tech. Something tech-wise will not work Every.Single.Day. 0A will tell you that nothing makes me swear more than tech. Indeed, tech has turned a mild-mannered woman who used to believe profanity was the preserve of a fish-wife into a whirling dervish of vocabulary that would make a matelot blush.

Tech. It's shit.

I'm generally a glass-half-full type of chap but I've learnt to reset my expectations when it comes to tech.
The ancients had this figured out many centuries ago : खुशी का रहस्य कम उम्मीदें हैं

Annoyances. The avian shitstorm caused by incontinent pigeons all over my decking, not to mention all the tree detritus they cause. Squirrels that have eaten every nut off my hazel tree for the last 30 years; never had a one. With the roads being quiet, those that do drive, do so at high speed and get honkingly pissed off if you get in their way at reasonable speeds. Snails on my pea plants. Whining leftist political commentators who couldn't suggest anything better without a money tree. Unfunny TV comedians. Quota filling dramatic productions that make a mockery of a writer's work and historical fact to further the political message. My aching, failing joints after a digging session in the garden. The bin man who hurls my wheelies into the middle of the drive. Well I think that's todays list covered. I must be having a gouty/piles day. At least the sun is out so time to work on the melanoma.
You think snails are bad? Try woodlice, the miniature armadillo wannabe bastards.

Bob Upndown

War Hero
The ancients had this figured out many centuries ago : खुशी का रहस्य कम उम्मीदें हैं
Amen to that :)

Being told my views are irrelevant due to my white privilege.

My ******* wanky iPad. I was doing some recording of answers and then the thing tells me there is insufficient space.

Fair enough, my fault for not checking before I started. Delete about 10 Gb of stuff I no longer need and try again. Only it turns out the ******* thing decided not to delete the stuff I'd asked it to, just moved it to a different folder. Another batch of work met with the same 'insufficient space' message and wasted.

What a pile of shit.
Can't you do it from the command line, and stick two fingers up at the OS

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Queuing in the Co-Op for a till, to be jumped in front of by an elderly gent who 'just needs a few smokes'. Which have to be fetched by the till jockey from the service kiosk, making him take longer than a person with a full trolley.

gorillaguts981

War Hero
You think snails are bad? Try woodlice, the miniature armadillo wannabe bastards.
Why oh why do woodlice treat my house as the isopod graveyard where they all come to die? I vacuum up hundreds but still they come. It's not as of they're coated in ivory. Not as nasty as the wasps nest I found in the loft a few years ago, but annoying in their own crunchy way.

Why oh why do woodlice treat my house as the isopod graveyard where they all come to die? I vacuum up hundreds but still they come. It's not as of they're coated in ivory. Not as nasty as the wasps nest I found in the loft a few years ago, but annoying in their own crunchy way.
Do you have plant pots and other things around your house?

gorillaguts981

War Hero
Do you have plant pots and other things around your house?
A spider plant in the bathroom and that's it. I do live in a stone built house with 18 inch thick walls that can be prone to damp. The wall construction is two stone faces back filled with shoddy so very difficult to damp proof. Tried about 20 years ago but it was money ill spent.

A spider plant in the bathroom and that's it. I do live in a stone built house with 18 inch thick walls that can be prone to damp. The wall construction is two stone faces back filled with shoddy so very difficult to damp proof. Tried about 20 years ago but it was money ill spent.
Sorry, my fault for not being clear, I meant around the outside and close to the exterior walls. We used to have a problem with woodlice getting into the house and were advised to move anything, such as plant pots, away from the exterior walls. Doing so has seen a marked reduction in infiltrations.

Snails are easy to deter, you just leave broken egg shells where you don't want them to go

Latest Threads