Things that irritate me

Yes, the RSPCA is currently operating under a temporary process and the inspectorate are dealing with emergencies only. Most local councils, in rural areas of the country, have a department which deals with farm animal concerns - the ones that l have dealt with have been excellent. It might also be less obvious who called in the complaint if it came via the council - the farmer might think that they send people out to look for problems and spotted his limping livestock.
Thanks, I'll see if they're one of the few departments that are continuing to work here.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
The Bloody BBC again.

They have a massive archive of radio drama, information, history (This Sceptred Isle, Vivat Rex).

Why is it that only a tiny subsection is available at any time, rather than all of it? Particularly the two mentioned above, but also radio plays, crime stuff, literature, etc.

I am sure many arrsers would like to sit down for half an hour with Miss Marple, Lord Peter Wimsey, Albert Campion or Hercule Poirot, or even Paul Temple. It's bloody annoying that they, the Likely Lads Ronnie Barker and others are not available on demand.

The Bloody BBC again.

They have a massive archive of radio drama, information, history (This Sceptred Isle, Vivat Rex).

Why is it that only a tiny subsection is available at any time, rather than all of it? Particularly the two mentioned above, but also radio plays, crime stuff, literature, etc.

I am sure many arrsers would like to sit down for half an hour with Miss Marple, Lord Peter Wimsey, Albert Campion or Hercule Poirot, or even Paul Temple. It's bloody annoying that they, the Likely Lads Ronnie Barker and others are not available on demand.
Maybe they'll turn up on britbox so we can pay to watch programmes that we paid to be made in the first place.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

ExREME.TECH

War Hero
The Bloody BBC again.

Covid-19 regulations prevent that

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I started watching the Primates series on the BBC. As usual for their natural history programmes it's got lots of excellent photography and I was looking forward to a couple of hours watching monkeys, lemurs, apes etc.

Who did they get to narrate this potential masterpiece? Not Attenborough or someone else with a pleasant voice (which would seem to be the obvious requirement for a narrator). No, they went for that lisping twat Chris Packham.

Last edited:
I started watching the Primates series on the BBC. As usual for their natural history programmes it's got lots of excellent photography and I was looking forward to a couple of hours watching monkeys, lemurs, apes etc.

Who did they get to narrate this potential masterpiece? Not Attenborough or someone else with a pleasant voice (which would seem to be the obvious requirement for a narrator). No, they went for that lisping twat Chris Packham.
That is because they are lining up Packham to take over from Attenborough, god help us.

Fucking dogs barking all day.
A neighbour is a shooter and has a slack handful of labs that are trained as gun dogs.
I can tell when both he and his missus are at work, as one of the dogs barks incessantly.

For fucks sake, how am I supposed to concentrate on posting shite on arrse?

The Bloody BBC again.

In short it's about money

Radio stuff they can flog on CD's and monetarise that way through the BBC's commercial arm, TV stuff can be pushed to Britbox so that BBC licence payers and pay a subscription to watch repeats of things they've already funded through the licence fee

That relatively new BBC ‘look at how great we are’ segment where most of their high profile presenters look earnestly at the camera and give a sound bite related to Coronavirus. Dire.
Also, how many YouTube videos of groups of people singing (badly) can the Beeb show in one day? The latest this morning was a bunch of Welsh NHS workers singing Bridge Over Troubled Water. Nurse!

Last edited:
Factory churned & delivered "dinner box kits".
1589455804284.png

Diabolically bad nutritional value £0.00 per 100g for a kick off, and WFT please?
Landfill shit by the ton. Harrumph.:mad:
Lazy fekkers.

That relatively new BBC ‘look at how great we are’ segment where most of their high profile presenters look earnestly at the camera and give a sound bite related to Coronavirus. Dire.
Also, how many YouTube videos of groups of people singing (badly) can the Beeb show in one day? The latest this morning was a bunch of Welsh NHS workers singing Bridge Over Troubled Water. Nurse!
All the singing is doing my head in. It’s across the board though, not just the BBC, to be fair.
They had to suffer endless poetry in WW1, for us in Covid it’s endless fucking karaoke.

All the singing is doing my head in. It’s across the board though, not just the BBC, to be fair.
They had to suffer endless poetry in WW1, for us in Covid it’s endless ******* karaoke.
That’s class and raised a laugh at this end, thank you for brightening my day! :grin:

gorillaguts981

War Hero
Annoyances. The avian shitstorm caused by incontinent pigeons all over my decking, not to mention all the tree detritus they cause. Squirrels that have eaten every nut off my hazel tree for the last 30 years; never had a one. With the roads being quiet, those that do drive, do so at high speed and get honkingly pissed off if you get in their way at reasonable speeds. Snails on my pea plants. Whining leftist political commentators who couldn't suggest anything better without a money tree. Unfunny TV comedians. Quota filling dramatic productions that make a mockery of a writer's work and historical fact to further the political message. My aching, failing joints after a digging session in the garden. The bin man who hurls my wheelies into the middle of the drive. Well I think that's todays list covered. I must be having a gouty/piles day. At least the sun is out so time to work on the melanoma.

Latest Threads