Things that irritate me

Minor celebrities using this lockdown to self promote their own bullshit.

Examples :

Joe Wicks - Posh annoying ponce doing basic phys.

Konnie Huq - Home schooling.

Not to be confused with the actual decent folk like Gary Neville and James McAvoy.
I'd give Konnie Huq some home schooling

I agree on the whiff factor. He was shaking too much to try to shoplift without dropping everything. The gopping crackhead.
He's unlikely to be around much longer. Smoking crack does immense lung damage and these people live in tight clusters. Dead by Easter with a bit of luck.

Tool

LE
He's unlikely to be around much longer. Smoking crack does immense lung damage and these people live in tight clusters. Dead by Easter with a bit of luck.
There's a whole crackhead estate from whence he came. On reflection, there are two estates that this pharmacy serves, both with drug problems. Doomed, I tell you, DOOMED!

People who go on holiday and then expect taxpayers to pay for their return.
Or the MET Police who go on holiday to Portugal every year under the guise of ‘investigations’ and expect the taxpayers to pay

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Or the MET Police who go on holiday to Portugal every year under the guise of ‘investigations’ and expect the taxpayers to pay
Ah but the Met do that every year. The others only go on holiday when there is a virus panic going.

This is no doubt unpopular and poorly timed but I don't like 'key workers'.

Not all of them, I'm not a monster (and one myself)- though struggle to understand why folk feel the need to get their Xmas lights out and remove all but the blue bulbs.

No I'm talking about that small group of men (and presumably women) who patrol our roads at specific times.
Standfast Boss Hogg.

The times are WHENEVER I'M GOING HOME!!

These days I can spend a shift barely seeing another vehicle, the other night I pootled along what should be a busy dual carriageway at 20, no one passed me either direction. But the second I've jumped into my own car to head home one of these champions of the road appears in the distance, timed perfectly so I'm at the bit where there's no opportunity to overtake and adds 10 mins to my journey.

In the past I have put this down to bad luck or my imagination but now there's less traffic its clear to see there is a group of keyworkers are required to drive slowly in front of me, almost to my door on some occasions.
What is the weird nature of their work?
Why me?
And why, as they're clearly going that way, don't they just offer me a lift and I can save on the fuel?

This is no doubt unpopular and poorly timed but I don't like 'key workers'.

Not all of them, I'm not a monster (and one myself)- though struggle to understand why folk feel the need to get their Xmas lights out and remove all but the blue bulbs.

No I'm talking about that small group of men (and presumably women) who patrol our roads at specific times.
Standfast Boss Hogg.

The times are WHENEVER I'M GOING HOME!!

These days I can spend a shift barely seeing another vehicle, the other night I pootled along what should be a busy dual carriageway at 20, no one passed me either direction. But the second I've jumped into my own car to head home one of these champions of the road appears in the distance, timed perfectly so I'm at the bit where there's no opportunity to overtake and adds 10 mins to my journey.

In the past I have put this down to bad luck or my imagination but now there's less traffic its clear to see there is a group of keyworkers are required to drive slowly in front of me, almost to my door on some occasions.
What is the weird nature of their work?
Why me?
And why, as they're clearly going that way, don't they just offer me a lift and I can save on the fuel?
Just change your shift pattern.

On a point of interest do container ships still sell passage home. I know they used to. After all after two weeks at sea- Jobs jobbed or not as the case may be.

People who go on holiday and then expect taxpayers to pay for their return.
As someone who was recently on an evacuation flight from (working in) Cambodia I think that’s rather unfair.

Everyone on my flight paid full price ($1,200), luckily the price was kept low because someone on our flight knew someone who knew someone who arranged a group discount.

The next flight out after ours was by Qatar. As we flew out we heard that seats were trading at $7,000.

The people on my flight included voluntary workers, gap year students, people who had been doing their once-in-lifetime trip around the world (one lot had started travelling 7 months ago - a teacher with a family of five). None of these travelled in the face of travel advice to the contrary: one couple were on their honeymoon and told by their insurance company that they couldn’t expect reimbursement if they didn’t go as there hadn’t been a travel advisory. None of these people could afford multiples of $7k.

We had asked the Embassy for help - not with the price, but for clarity on the bewildering misinformation about what health checks were needed to get a flight.

There are still people stuck there because nobody’s flying.

Nobody - and I spoke to all 120 on our flight as I helped organise it - expected the government to pay.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
As someone who was recently on an evacuation flight from (working in) Cambodia I think that’s rather unfair.

Everyone on my flight paid full price ($1,200), luckily the price was kept low because someone on our flight knew someone who knew someone who arranged a group discount.

The next flight out after ours was by Qatar. As we flew out we heard that seats were trading at $7,000.

The people on my flight included voluntary workers, gap year students, people who had been doing their once-in-lifetime trip around the world (one lot had started travelling 7 months ago - a teacher with a family of five). None of these travelled in the face of travel advice to the contrary: one couple were on their honeymoon and told by their insurance company that they couldn’t expect reimbursement if they didn’t go as there hadn’t been a travel advisory. None of these people could afford multiples of $7k.

We had asked the Embassy for help - not with the price, but for clarity on the bewildering misinformation about what health checks were needed to get a flight.

There are still people stuck there because nobody’s flying.

Nobody - and I spoke to all 120 on our flight as I helped organise it - expected the government to pay.
I disagree with most of what you wrote because I was not referring to those who had been working nor those who had been away for more than three months but rather those who went on holiday knowing what was likely to happen (I bothered to cancel my holiday) and then expected the government to step in and provide the wherewithal for their return.
You obviously spoke to those who did not appear on various media or the BBC bemoaning their fate.

I disagree with most of what you wrote because I was not referring to those who had been working nor those who had been away for more than three months but rather those who went on holiday knowing what was likely to happen (I bothered to cancel my holiday) and then expected the government to step in and provide the wherewithal for their return.
You obviously spoke to those who did not appear on various media or the BBC bemoaning their fate.
I spoke to everyone on my flight. Nobody had travelled to Cambodia since the travel advisory was issued.

But what would I know, eh? I was only there...

I spoke to everyone on my flight. Nobody had travelled to Cambodia since the travel advisory was issued.

But what would I know, eh? I was only there...
Were you pushing the trolley down the aisle at the time?

Whichever dickhead invented the reply-all function on work emails. The cunt who implemented it without a fucking childlock is also in line for a bit of abuse.

Some bright spark has set up a daily song challenge (don't fucking ask) and sent it out, all in the name of 'maintaining mental health'. It's not doing my mental health much good as I was quite enjoying the peace and quiet.

Now my work email inbox is going ping literally every 30 seconds with some other shallow fool who is under the delusion everyone wants to know what their favourite song featuring a flower in the name is or some other shite. Bing! Another one. Bing! Another one. I would turn off the notification noise but then I don't know when a kid has emailed in asking for help which is what the fucking thing is supposed to be used for at the moment.

If they tried this horseshit during a normal working day they'd be deluged with people telling them to bugger off and do some work. Just because everyone's at home that seems to have gone out of the fucking window.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
You didn't?
Nope. I get this sort of stuff sent to me while actively trying to avoid it.

It's the same sort of simple-minded bollocks as sending all-staff emails about 'mindfulness exercises' or a 'wellbeing afternoon' or 'thoughtful breathing'. Funnily enough it almost entirely seems to originate from the hobby subjects like drama and photography. The really cynical might imagine they don't have enough work to do.

Nope. I get this sort of stuff sent to me while actively trying to avoid it.

It's the same sort of simple-minded bollocks as sending all-staff emails about 'mindfulness exercises' or a 'wellbeing afternoon' or 'thoughtful breathing'. Funnily enough it almost entirely seems to originate from the hobby subjects like drama and photography. The really cynical might imagine they don't have enough work to do.
Dunno about other email clients but in the Apple email client it is easy to set up a rule that states 'If the email heading is Tell us your favourite song, then dump it straight into the Junk folder'.

Junk emails go there silently.

Whichever ******** invented the reply-all function on work emails. The **** who implemented it without a ******* childlock is also in line for a bit of abuse.

Some bright spark has set up a daily song challenge (don't ******* ask) and sent it out, all in the name of 'maintaining mental health'. It's not doing my mental health much good as I was quite enjoying the peace and quiet.

Now my work email inbox is going ping literally every 30 seconds with some other shallow fool who is under the delusion everyone wants to know what their favourite song featuring a flower in the name is or some other shite. Bing! Another one. Bing! Another one. I would turn off the notification noise but then I don't know when a kid has emailed in asking for help which is what the ******* thing is supposed to be used for at the moment.

If they tried this horseshit during a normal working day they'd be deluged with people telling them to bugger off and do some work. Just because everyone's at home that seems to have gone out of the ******* window.
Just for you then...

Latest Threads