Things that irritate me

Promotion hungry thrusters.
We have a whole building full of Warranted Officers who spend their time producing vital policies and schemes to make them 'look good' which are generally ignored as soon as they put out the latest way of doing things.

Now this could truly be a time for them to shine and do something effective; sort of 'Chief, there's not much call for my vitally important transgender traveller policy right now, so I'm going to pull out the old uniform and work on response as a PC'.

Yesterday I find am email telling me to fill in the attached spreadsheet with a list of my 'skillset'.

Now apart from the fact my address block on the email pretty much covers it, all this info is already held on a database, which someone more intelligent asked us to update and check that address/phone numbers were current last week.

This request has clearly come from someone promoted beyond their ability as its to be completed on Excel, the standard location these types these types use as Access is too difficult to use, so a big list of stuff on an unwieldy spreadsheet where you cant easily read the data is what you need.
I feel for you. I love Excel, but not for storing and/or sorting data

AEG.
We have two of their ovens.Resetting the clocks is impossible as both use differing electronics.So I am looking at led displays that I can never get into sync.

AEG.
We have two of their ovens.Resetting the clocks is impossible as both use differing electronics.So I am looking at led displays that I can never get into sync.
Same with our two NEFF ovens, one above the other. 12 second difference. Drives me nuts.

Issi

War Hero
Little alky, who nearly reached around me at the tills, to put his flagon of cider as close to my groceries as possible.
Gave him a very hard stare and tapped the 'keep 2m away' sign.
He muttered something, but did move back behind the lines.

Tool

LE
Fecken druggies. Even more so now - standing in a queue at the local Boots* to collect medicine and a scruffy tracksuited smelly goes to the front of the queue and knocks on the Pharmacy door. Pharmacist gives him his Methodone and the smelly disappears. WTF do the rest of us queue for?

*Druggies may use other fine establishments to get their (tax-payer funded) fixes from

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Fecken druggies. Even more so now - standing in a queue at the local Boots* to collect medicine and a scruffy tracksuited smelly goes to the front of the queue and knocks on the Pharmacy door. Pharmacist gives him his Methodone and the smelly disappears. WTF do the rest of us queue for?

*Druggies may use other fine establishments to get their (tax-payer funded) fixes from
Doing you a favour. Do you want to stand near the whiff, and do you want to watch them shoplifting while they wait?

I agree on the whiff factor. He was shaking too much to try to shoplift without dropping everything. The gopping crackhead.
The decent thing to do would be to invite the poor unfortunate back to yours for a nice hot bath, a decent meal and a warm bed for a few weeks.

Online Scrabble players who are clearly using a dictionary to come up with their words. Just now she came back with "glei" who the hell uses that everyday?

Wiltshire Council. Really going that extra mile in these difficult times - not!
In line with Government guidelines, all the recycling centres are closed until further notice. Fair enough, I’ll just have to rely on the fortnightly collections, instead of my weekly visit to the local recycling centre. I’ve just checked out my bins - green top for garden waste, blue top for cardboard etc and the timetable. Frustrating that I’ve just missed the household waste collection, but hey ho. Garden waste gets collected tomorrow, but I’m not signed up to the red sticker system, which costs an extra £50.
Ring the Council this morning to ask if they are waiving the charges due to the current situation. “No sir, you’ll have to pay and be aware, it will take up to two weeks to get your red sticker, so you can’t use the collection service until then”. FFS, glad to see the LA are supporting their community in these desperate times - Council Tax (inevitably) gone up too! :x

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Online Scrabble players who are clearly using a dictionary to come up with their words. Just now she came back with "glei" who the hell uses that everyday?
All sorts of weird words appear. I blame the USA.

Females and the dishwasher.

I accept that as a male it is my lot in life to empty and refill the dishwasher but why, when its half filled, are women incapable of adding their mugs spoons and so on into the bloody thing.

I come in from work and see the sink overflowing with pots and pans and so make the assumption that, just maybe, the half filled machine I left after breakfast has been turned and its just waiting for me to empty it. But no the other half load sits in the sink waiting for me to fill it up. I have on occasion pulled out the cutlery draw and started sticking stuff away only to produce a manky spoon and realise that I now need to stick every other now contaminated bloody KFS back in to clean.

Even when its sat their empty (after she's just watched me empty it) the mug, spoon etc gets chucked right into the bloody sink.

gorillaguts981

War Hero

I accept that as a male it is my lot in life to empty and refill the dishwasher but why, when its half filled, are women incapable of adding their mugs spoons and so on into the bloody thing.

I come in from work and see the sink overflowing with pots and pans and so make the assumption that, just maybe, the half filled machine I left after breakfast has been turned and its just waiting for me to empty it. But no the other half load sits in the sink waiting for me to fill it up. I have on occasion pulled out the cutlery draw and started sticking stuff away only to produce a manky spoon and realise that I now need to stick every other now contaminated bloody KFS back in to clean.

Even when its sat their empty (after she's just watched me empty it) the mug, spoon etc gets chucked right into the bloody sink.
Face it. You've become Dobbie the house elf. Every time she dumps her soiled stuff in the sink, put it in a big cardboard box in the shed. Once she can't find a spoon or mug, tell where it is and go clean one, or better yet all of them.

Tool

LE

Similar siutation here (and no, I'm not Dobbie). 'cept that the sink is nice and clean, and the counter top is full of single plates, cups, mugs etc. Stacking the effing things would reduce space by a third. Also - if you're going to put things into the dishwasher, SHAPRP KNIVES DO NOT go in. Nor do teflon (now no longer non-stick) appliances.
</Rant for now>

Latest Threads