Things that irritate me

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Utility point.

A company that I hadn't heard of until I moved house last October and now wish I remained in blissful ignorance of their existence.

Sent them the meter reading, as did the previous owners. Sent the next reading on the day my switch to Octopus came through two weeks later.

Four months later, they send a threat to send in bailiffs unless I pay a bill of £22.36 within 7 days. I pay the bill, assuming the original got lost in the post.

We get home from a hospital appointment yesterday to find they have sent a bill. It is dated 27th January and covers the same period. The post mark is dated 2nd March.

So, they print a bill, store it somewhere, send out a threat of bailiffs because it hasn't been paid, then post the bill. Do they think people will pay twice????

I was very reassured on calling them to discuss their business style, to hear that they strive for excellence in serving customers.

I would not use them again, despite the apology from the lady I spoke to this morning.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
It really irritates me to use ARRSE and have this turn up for every post, every page, every thread.
nuisance display.jpg

It would not be so bad but every time it appears the selections are already set to Off so there was nothing to set.
I actually contacted this Quantcast rubbish and needless to say it is American and immediately denies all knowledge of what might happen when people use their software. This seems to be the standard US response to any form of comment or complaint.
An email to ARRSE seems to have been a waste of time as well.

We get home from a hospital appointment yesterday to find they have sent a bill. It is dated 27th January and covers the same period. The post mark is dated 2nd March.
You'll find that many large firms and utilities use print and post management firms (DHL/UK Mail etc) that hand over the delivery of the last mile to the good old fashioned post office. However either due to contractual reasons, or maybe they just choose to, they often wait until they've got a certain number of items to hand over.

Still no excuse though.

Yesterday was a shit day, and I am irritated with my self , cutn that I am
Reversed the camper onto the water drain , hit the corner of the bumper(shattered fiberglass) and shattered the reflector (feck know how much that is going to empty my pockets by) , then took the twat up to the garage in Albufeira to jet wash all the resin from the trees off
two hot soapy washes all good lay the jet wash lance hose over the mirror , feed in another 2 euros to cold wash it off
except this farking lance doesn't had a bastarting trigger , so the lance is flying about like a spastic wasp I tried to grab it and it twatted me between my neck and top of my shoulder with the plastic bit at the end to stop it scatching your bodywork , except this was as rough as feck from being dragged across the ground many times

It weally weally hurt, made all the worse by my mate commenting about the Hickey on my fecking neck,and were me and her not a bit old for that sort of thing

Reversed the camper onto the water drain , hit the corner of the bumper(shattered fiberglass) and shattered the reflector (feck know how much that is going to empty my pockets by) , then took the twat up to the garage in Albufeira to jet wash all the resin from the trees off
two hot soapy washes all good lay the jet wash lance hose over the mirror , feed in another 2 euros to cold wash it off
except this farking lance doesn't had a bastarting trigger , so the lance is flying about like a spastic wasp I tried to grab it and it twatted me between my neck and top of my shoulder with the plastic bit at the end to stop it scatching your bodywork , except this was as rough as feck from being dragged across the ground many times

It weally weally hurt, made all the worse by my mate commenting about the Hickey on my fecking neck,and were me and her not a bit old for that sort of thing
Ooops :D

Hope it's an easy, cheap (I know what you're like with money) and quick fix mate.

Some people pay good money for that.....

1583436802169.png

Ooops :D

Hope it's an easy, cheap (I know what you're like with money) and quick fix mate.
my fecking fault... she was watching the wrong side of the van ...no damage to the chemical dump that I hit though

I thought it was a bad idea to jet wash caravans and camper van bodies, it can invalidate the warranty on the damp proofing?

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
Ive started to get real fed up with the word "woke" used millions of times a day on facebook. Its starting to get on my substantial tits ....

Ive started to get real fed up with the word "woke" used millions of times a day on facebook. Its starting to get on my substantial tits ....
The grammatical error in its usage is what irritates me most!

I think the reason it invalidates the warranty is that it damages the sealant on the panels and can let damp get in...?
trick is to keep the jet a fair distance away , and away from any seals/ joints , and definitely vents for the fridge etc

The modern fetish for hyphenated-surnames. Taking a roll call at work yesterday for a nonsense fire drill (long smoke break for most), half of the under 25s were call Mr. Threesyllable-Twosyllable or similar.

I get that marriage has fallen away and thus the tradition of children keeping their paternal surname, but it seems very pretentious to me.

Tool

LE
The modern fetish for hyphenated-surnames. Taking a roll call at work yesterday for a nonsense fire drill (long smoke break for most), half of the under 25s were call Mr. Threesyllable-Twosyllable or similar.

I get that marriage has fallen away and thus the tradition of children keeping their paternal surname, but it seems very pretentious to me.
I thought it was becaause the mother couldn't remember which bloke was the father, so named the kid after all involved. Occasionally I wonder how often "Rover" should appear as a surname.

Coronavirus everywhere! You can't escape it on the TV or the papers and even on ARRSE, there are currently (at the last count) at least a dozen threads on the subject.
Bring back the Brexit threads (only joking).

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Coronavirus everywhere! You can't escape it on the TV or the papers and even on ARRSE, there are currently (at the last count) at least a dozen threads on the subject.
Bring back the Brexit threads (only joking).
I had considered that about the covid-19 threads. Perhaps some Mod(s) should consider moving the various threads into one forum, as was done with Brexit. As some are NAAFI Bar status perhaps they should all sit in th Int Cell Forum which is not quite as stuffy as CA.

@Sixty
@Arte_et_Marte
@Boris_Johnson

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Even more posts about this bloody Charlie Chan virus.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Laura f$$king Kuenssberg. The Chancellor could have announced a gift of one million pounds to every citizen of the UK and the sourfaced cow would still find a way to say it wasn't enough.

Latest Threads