Things that irritate me

Yokel

LE
Dishonesty irritates me - like you would not believe. Claiming there was no cover up, as they made sure the records were disposed of. No, nothing to see. Covering up the truth to aviod a management type being seen in a bad light. Why not find someone to libel?

Far too much of that these days. And why does equality not apply to everyone?

RABC

LE
How do you get calls from people you want to hear from, but might not be in your list such as a friend's daughter ringing to say the friend is in hospital?
You can set it to allow those calls but the caller has to announce who they are, when the phone rings, and you are given the option to accept or not

I'm curious how Spanish TV presenters pronounce George, or Ciara, or Julie.
Well, when not referring to storms everything is "Scorchio!" or "Cumulo Nimbus!"...

Skinny suits. FFS why?

Tailored lightweights I can understand, just, but the modern skinny suits have all of the elegance of a turkey wrapped in clingfilm

Last edited:

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
Skinny suits. FFS why?

Tailored lightweights I can understand, just, but the modern skinny suits have all of the elegance not a turkey wrapped in clingfilm
Personally I hope there is a special place reserved in Hell for those who wear skinny blue suits with unpolished light brown shoes. I once mentioned this in my former workplace, and my female colleagues disagreed vehemently, they can be assigned to another specially reserved area in Hell as well for supporting a crime against good taste.

when you go out to lunch, and there is a meal deal thing (we are still in Portugal)
She goes to the counter and orders a lovely pork steak sandwich deal for me, with a beer 3 Euro 40 , but decides she doesn't want a full portion of chips , so only orders the pork sandwich, and a coffee, is confused because it comes to more than the expected cost, but forgets that she didn't order the deal for herself

then decides she wants half my fucking chips , because she didn't want a full portion, instead of getting the chips and leaving half of them , which , because they were really good , I would have finished off

and it's still illegal to kill them

when you go out to lunch, and there is a meal deal thing (we are still in Portugal)
She goes to the counter and orders a lovely pork steak sandwich deal for me, with a beer 3 Euro 40 , but decides she doesn't want a full portion of chips , so only orders the pork sandwich, and a coffee, is confused because it comes to more than the expected cost, but forgets that she didn't order the deal for herself

then decides she wants half my ******* chips , because she didn't want a full portion, instead of getting the chips and leaving half of them , which , because they were really good , I would have finished off

and it's still illegal to kill them
I feel your pain.

ETA - imagine my surprise at seeing that you'd eat any leftovers!

Supermarket packs of bacon with a special corner marked, “Open Here,” where the plastic film lid is left unbonded to the slightly thicker plastic base- to facilitate opening of said pack.
Except it never fucking does...
The cunting corner just rips off and you have to open the pack with a knife- just like every other fucking pack that’s gone before. Yet each new pack you think, “maybe this is the one”- the one pack which opens in a convenient manner as promised. Maybe the packaging manufacturers have finally stopped sticking the fucking lid down with the same fucking glue they use to fix heatproof tiles to the shagging space shuttle.
Cunts.

Supermarket packs of bacon with a special corner marked, “Open Here,” where the plastic film lid is left unbonded to the slightly thicker plastic base- to facilitate opening of said pack.
Except it never ******* does...
The ******* corner just rips off and you have to open the pack with a knife- just like every other ******* pack that’s gone before. Yet each new pack you think, “maybe this is the one”- the one pack which opens in a convenient manner as promised. Maybe the packaging manufacturers have finally stopped sticking the ******* lid down with the same ******* glue they use to fix heatproof tiles to the shagging space shuttle.
cnuts.
Years ago father_mush used to keep in touch with the widow of one of his old pigeon racing mates. She was crippled with arthritis in her hands. One day after visiting her and witnessing her weeping with rage being unable to open an 'easy open' packet of biscuits, he put her in the car and drove her down to the supermarket and demanded to see the manager. He assembled a selection of 'customer friendly', 'easy open' items and proceeded to let her demonstrate to the manager and a few of his staff just how 'customer friendly' and 'easy open' they weren't.

I'd like to think the manager reported back to head office, who then gave appropriate feedback to their suppliers (some of the stuff was own brand), but I don't believe anything has ever changed.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Except it never ******* does...
The ******* corner just rips off and you have to open the pack with a knife- just like every other ******* pack that’s gone before. Yet each new pack you think, “maybe this is the one”- the one pack which opens in a convenient manner as promised. Maybe the packaging manufacturers have finally stopped sticking the ******* lid down with the same ******* glue they use to fix heatproof tiles to the shagging space shuttle.
cnuts.
Never used to get that sort of problem with Fortnum & Mason because they would deliver whenever you wanted it. The problem there was that they only ever did streaky bacon.

Never used to get that sort of problem with Fortnum & Mason because they would deliver whenever you wanted it. The problem there was that they only ever did streaky bacon.
Odd that- considering that back bacon was always considered “bacon: officers for the consumption of.” I remember in NI once one of our sloppies nicked a box of bacon which had been destined for an officers’ mess somewhere- we were quite amazed that there was a class system operating in the realm of cured pork: Quite an eye opener.

Someone somewhere had a conversation along the lines of- “now look here Fartley-Bumquiff, what’s all this about the men wanting bacon for breakfast hmm? I suppose they could have it but not the good stuff- let them have streaky. Jumped up bastards will be wanting quails’ eggs next!”

Odd that- considering that back bacon was always considered “bacon: officers for the consumption of.” I remember in NI once one of our sloppies nicked a box of bacon which had been destined for an officers’ mess somewhere- we were quite amazed that there was a class system operating in the realm of cured pork: Quite an eye opener.

Someone somewhere had a conversation along the lines of- “now look here Fartley-Bumquiff, what’s all this about the men wanting bacon for breakfast hmm? I suppose they could have it but not the good stuff- let them have streaky. Jumped up bastards will be wanting quails’ eggs next!”
And 2 sausages no less

Latest Threads