Things that irritate me

morsk

LE
Well yeah, we say george. The right way. Hispanic types say horhay,, which is wrong, not horgay, which is completely wrong. They should make speaking in tongues illegal.

Well yeah, we say george. The right way. Hispanic types say horhay,, which is wrong, not horgay, which is completely wrong. They should make speaking in tongues illegal.
I'm curious how Spanish TV presenters pronounce George, or Ciara, or Julie.

RABC

LE
Answering the phone to hear a robot telling me that it's calling from my internet provider because illegal activity is taking place on my connection, and they will block the connection unless I press 1 so they can fix it for me.

Barstards. No idea how to stop them. We're registered with TPS, but these crooks wouldn't bother about that.
If you get a phone / answer machine with BT Truecall built in (you don't have to have BT), you can set it, so that your phone doesn't even ring unless the caller is listed in your contact list. Since I got ours, we get no cold calls at all

If you get a phone / answer machine with BT Truecall built in (you don't have to have BT), you can set it, so that your phone doesn't even ring unless the caller is listed in your contact list. Since I got ours, we get no calls at all
Minor edit

OneTenner

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Twats who say all this rain is good for the garden! Sod off no it isnt, its flooding the gardens so how can that be good?!

People who battle through the flood water and make it to work stating "well I made it in easy enough" piss off you sod, you drive a jacked up land rover so of COURSE you made it in!!
One of the Landrover dealers I work with sent salesmen out in 'product' to collect hospital staff that had told their employer that they couldn't get in to work because of floods / snow / other weather stuff last winter - most were happy to be in a LR taxi, some didn't appreciate the cancellation of their 'duvet day'...

Often wondered about the Spanish lisp, wether it was some king in the distant past had a lisp, and it became fashionable.

In an area of Northumberland, the locals rrrrrrolled their R's......... legend has it that a famous knight called Harry Hotspur, had that speech impediment, and it became the way to pronounce it.

morsk

LE
Often wondered about the Spanish lisp, wether it was some king in the distant past had a lisp, and it became fashionable.

In an area of Northumberland, the locals rrrrrrolled their R's......... legend has it that a famous knight called Harry Hotspur, had that speech impediment, and it became the way to pronounce it.
Its weied how things like that can affect the way a whole country speaks...

If you get a chance, take a drive up Te Mata peak, just up the road from Napier. Phenomenal views over all of Hawke's Bay.
Kiora Bro.
Kia Ora! Get it right! FFS!

Te Mata is a sleeping giant just next door to Pakipaki...

I used to live inHavelock North.

Kia Ora! Get it right!

From a distance Te Mata looks like a sleeping giant. Then just next door is Paki Paki...

Reported for saying Paki.

Kia Ora! Get it right! FFS!

Te Mata is a sleeping giant just next door to Pakipaki...

Sorry. Away for just 1 year, and things start to fade.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
If you get a phone / answer machine with BT Truecall built in (you don't have to have BT), you can set it, so that your phone doesn't even ring unless the caller is listed in your contact list. Since I got ours, we get no cold calls at all
How do you get calls from people you want to hear from, but might not be in your list such as a friend's daughter ringing to say the friend is in hospital?

How do you get calls from people you want to hear from, but might not be in your list such as a friend's daughter ringing to say the friend is in hospital?
I just let everything go to the answerphone.

Spammers and bots will hang up as soon as the answerphone cuts in, a genuine caller will leave a message, which you can pick up the phone whilst they speak, or phone them back later on the number that they leave.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads