Things that irritate me

Why do the BBC, and others, try their utmost to pronounce foreign names and place names in that country's tongue? Listening to news and weather presenters trying to pronounce Jorge in Spanish is hilarious. Do they attempt to say English words on foreign TV? No, they do not. London becomes Londres, so why do British TV people say Roma instead of Rome? And there's another inconsistency, none of them say Paree instead of Paris.

The fucking bellends.

Why do the BBC, and others, try their utmost to pronounce foreign names and place names in that country's tongue? Listening to news and weather presenters trying to pronounce Jorge in Spanish is hilarious. Do they attempt to say English words on foreign TV? No, they do not. London becomes Londres, so why do British TV people say Roma instead of Rome? And there's another inconsistency, none of them say Paree instead of Paris.

The ******* bellends.
Had a disagreement with an Indian one time because I was crass enough to call Mumbai Bombay. I asked why he didn't call Moscow moskva, Munich Munchen and Paris paree. Unfortunately it went right over his head.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Had a disagreement with an Indian one time because I was crass enough to call Mumbai Bombay. I asked why he didn't call Moscow moskva, Munich Munchen and Paris paree. Unfortunately it went right over his head.

Stick to ‘stinking shit pot’ next time.

Yeah, what's happened to Ceylon, Siam and Peking. Where've they got to

He was probably squatting at the time.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Answering the phone to hear a robot telling me that it's calling from my internet provider because illegal activity is taking place on my connection, and they will block the connection unless I press 1 so they can fix it for me.

Barstards. No idea how to stop them. We're registered with TPS, but these crooks wouldn't bother about that.

Answering the phone to hear a robot telling me that it's calling from my internet provider because illegal activity is taking place on my connection, and they will block the connection unless I press 1 so they can fix it for me.

Barstards. No idea how to stop them. We're registered with TPS, but these crooks wouldn't bother about that.
Get a phone with caller ID, if you don't know the number leave it ring,it goes off if they think they are going to talk to an answering service

Twats who say all this rain is good for the garden! Sod off no it isnt, its flooding the gardens so how can that be good?!

People who battle through the flood water and make it to work stating "well I made it in easy enough" piss off you sod, you drive a jacked up land rover so of COURSE you made it in!!

Twats who say all this rain is good for the garden! Sod off no it isnt, its flooding the gardens so how can that be good?!
The koi pond in the back garden hasn't needed topping up for weeks and the fish seem happy enough...

Every cloud and all that... :)

Just leave the phone off the hook and every now and then say 'No', 'Maybe', and 'Possibly' to keep the line open
It's their call charges

Daughter-in-law's Macbook is buggered so I said I'd take it to the Apple store as I'll be near it. Walked in and found what turned out to be a prime example of the sub-species of Homosapien otherwise known as Applemongsapien.

Me, "This laptops bust, can I leave it with you to get it fixed please?"
Applemongsapien, "Oh no sir. You need to book an appointment to have a technician look at it."
Me, "Why can't I leave it with you, it's most certainly not working and I'm in a bit of a rush."
AMS, "Data protection."
Me, "So when the technician has had a look at it and decided it's bust, which as I said it is, what happens then?"
AMS, "You leave it with us sir."
Me, "And how does that change any of this data protection thing you've just told me about?"
AMS - blank stare.

So Apple, your system for dealing with customers in anything approaching a timely, sane, sensible and convenient manner is total shite and I'll be seeing you at 5:30 on Monday for one of your technicians to decide the laptop is buggered. What happens after that, who fucking knows...

The ******* bellends.
I'd assume it would sound like Horge ???, but I don't speak Spanish

I'd assume it would sound like Horge ???, but I don't speak Spanish
Or George, if you say it in English. You know, like the language that's spoken for the rest of the sentence.

On holiday in New Zealand, today in Napier. We walked up to Bluff Hill Lookout, which gives a fantastic view out to sea of Hawkes Bay. If asked ‘how could you improve the most stunning view in town?’ what would be your answer? Napier thought the answer to this question was ‘build a container port in front of it’.
If you get a chance, take a drive up Te Mata peak, just up the road from Napier. Phenomenal views over all of Hawke's Bay.
Kiora Bro.

Latest Threads