Things that irritate me

Just back from the cinema seeing 1917. What’s the matter with people these days? Can you not stop fucking eating for an hour and a half ? Rustling , chewing, crunching. All the way through . Have a chat whilst you’re at it why don’t you? Check your phone whilst you’re about it in case something really important has Happened in the last 5 minutes.

Fuck my old boots.

I’m not doing that again.

Calimero

Swinger
Just back from the cinema seeing 1917. What’s the matter with people these days? Can you not stop ******* eating for an hour and a half ? Rustling , chewing, crunching. All the way through . Have a chat whilst you’re at it why don’t you? Check your phone whilst you’re about it in case something really important has Happened in the last 5 minutes.

**** my old boots.

Or the people who get up half way through the film to go to toilet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Experienced similar at local VUE. Chattering & waving their blessed cell phone messages about, like midnight search parties anxious about a missing wean.
Told STFU but they had still ruined the film - Raised this with the staff on leaving & unexpectedly received a pair of freebie tickets for anytime future viewing/any film.
The staff added that others had also complained & pointed the culprits out to the staff on leaving who had collared 'em & issued horoscopes in fierce tones & fonts.

Moral? Complaints are often worth it for a happy result.
My son is visiting Auschwitz with his school this weekend, so I asked my daughter what she wanted to do as a treat. She said she wanted to watch Dolittle at the cinema and a McDonald's after.

Okay, I agree. We go and it is a very bad experience. Teenage girls sitting in our booked seats, then arguing that we are wrong. Ended up getting employee to sort it out. This group had booked tickets all over the place, but wanted to sit together. They then spend the rest of the film moving around the cinema, chatting, eating and generally being annoying little bitches.

I thought about what you said and I complained to the manager, who comped me tickets, so at least it wasn't wasted money.

I think it'll be a while before I use that cinema again though, that's two bad visits on the bounce.

My son is visiting Auschwitz with his school this weekend
Never been myself but my place have sent a few students every year.

They always come back a bit quieter, more thoughtful and generally more aware of what is important in life. I hope he gets the same experience.

Edit - I would like to go and it's pencilled in when I get some spare cash

Last edited:

Constantly up and down. Have a slash before you sit down: it’s only 90 minutes FFS. Fellow in front of me went for a smoke twice ( I could smell it when he returned) disturbed the whole row both times.

What’s the point of paying for the cinema if you don’t watch the film?

Can’t these fuckwits understand that eating/chatting/ texting spoils it for everyone else.

I understand why we have strict gun laws in this country. Maybe this is why people get gunned down in cinemas in the USA?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Guilty.

Sorry. I blame old age.

Just back from the cinema seeing 1917. What’s the matter with people these days? Can you not stop ******* eating for an hour and a half ? Rustling , chewing, crunching. All the way through . Have a chat whilst you’re at it why don’t you? Check your phone whilst you’re about it in case something really important has Happened in the last 5 minutes.

**** my old boots.

And don't start me on the scoffing of hot food!

If at the cinema, arrive early and pour a drink on the seat in front of you.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Never been myself but my place have sent a few students every year.

They always come back a bit quieter, more thoughtful and generally more aware of what is important in life. I hope he gets the same experience.

Edit - I would like to go and it's pencilled in when I get some spare cash
He has come back and he's really been affected by it. He told me that to read about it, or see old footage doesn't compare with the reality of standing in that very place.

I went to Dachau in 1990 and I must say, it is one of the most sobering experiences I've ever had.

My son is visiting Auschwitz with his school this weekend, so I asked my daughter what she wanted to do as a treat. She said she wanted to watch Dolittle at the cinema and a McDonald's after.

Okay, I agree. We go and it is a very bad experience. Teenage girls sitting in our booked seats, then arguing that we are wrong. Ended up getting employee to sort it out. This group had booked tickets all over the place, but wanted to sit together. They then spend the rest of the film moving around the cinema, chatting, eating and generally being annoying little bitches.

I thought about what you said and I complained to the manager, who comped me tickets, so at least it wasn't wasted money.

I think it'll be a while before I use that cinema again though, that's two bad visits on the bounce.
Go to an independent cinema, might cost slightly more but the lack of scrotes ruining the experience is worth it

At my local the last time it got rowdy was when they did the live Monty Python thing, and then it was at least understandable why

Fat fcukers who order the Full English Breakfast and a Diet Coke. What is the fcuking point of that, dozy fat cnuts...
I agree, absolutely disgusting

who the feck do they think they are , drinking fizzy beverage at breakfast
A small glass of fruit juice may be acceptable on the other hand

Latest Threads