Things that irritate me

Plus I had a proper look at the offer; it would require me to work on Saturdays (on top of the usual workload) and display a smart and professional appearance. I reckon I'd last a month.
Probably a good move then, when they are discussing the langoustine and braised pheasant's bollocks that they scoffed last night in the staff room then asking if they had green beans and a pint of Bisto with it might not have gone down too well.

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
Didn't apply, just like I said I wouldn't. In vino veritas and, while I did type an awful lot of pompous shite on here while on the outside of a crate of Stella, the gist of it was true.

Plus I had a proper look at the offer; it would require me to work on Saturdays (on top of the usual workload) and display a smart and professional appearance. I reckon I'd last a month.

I'll wait and see what happens at the current place when the big changes happen in September and jump ship if it goes as I predict.

Awaiting flood of mong buttons and people (justifiably) saying "You're a moron".
Thanks for the update. I don't think anyone here will regard you as a moron and if they do call you one then it will likely be in jest. It's you that has to do the job, not us, but the insight was enlightening and I wish you well...

Thanks for the update. I don't think anyone here will regard you as a moron and if they do call you one then it will likely be in jest. It's you that has to do the job, not us, but the insight was enlightening and I wish you well...
Cheers. On paper it should be a no-brainer, given how often I rant about fuckstains wasting my time. Once I'd calmed down a bit I realised that I was only looking at other jobs as a 'fuck you' to management rather than because I actually want to move.

Probably a good move then, when they are discussing the langoustine and braised pheasant's bollocks that they scoffed last night in the staff room then asking if they had green beans and a pint of Bisto with it might not have gone down too well.
Veg and gravy? That's fancy, last night was a doner kebab ;)

At least with videos you could ff through all the crap at the start.
Oh God, that reminds me of the "Charlie Wilsons War" DVD. For some reason, they thought that having Gwyneth Paltrow giving a speech about the AID's epidemic in Africa would be a brilliant idea to have before you got to the DVD Menu. Then the Emperor Mong had further words with them, and they decided to make the five minute speech unskippable and unable to be fast forwarded.

Last edited:
Customers.

So, you rock up an hour and a half into service "in a rush"

I'm sorry, but I fail to see why customers who can sort their shit out, and turn up in good time, should have to wait for some wanker who can't.

Talking in cinemas. While the movie is on.

Hats off to the guy built like an outhouse who said to the three offending teenagers: "I don't want to sound mean, but shut the **** UP!"

They left a short time later, leaving my daughter and I to watch the dubious joys of Jumanji 3.
Experienced similar at local VUE. Chattering & waving their blessed cell phone messages about, like midnight search parties anxious about a missing wean.
Told STFU but they had still ruined the film - Raised this with the staff on leaving & unexpectedly received a pair of freebie tickets for anytime future viewing/any film.
The staff added that others had also complained & pointed the culprits out to the staff on leaving who had collared 'em & issued horoscopes in fierce tones & fonts.

Moral? Complaints are often worth it for a happy result.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
The 'news' on bbc this evening.

Apparently only 10% of international swimmers in the UK are black or ethnic.

Apparently this is due to racism rather than being in line with the general population.

Grrrrr.

Apparently this is due to racism rather than being in line with the general population.

Grrrrr.
Everyone knows putting coloureds in water makes them shrink

Grrrrr.
I recall the film White Men Can't Jump being released, nobody got offended. But when a black swimmer took part in the Olympics, and people talked of a parody Black Men Can't Swim other people started getting narky. The proportion of black and asians who can't swim is higher than the general population, and black swimmers don't perform as well as white ones for a similar reason that white sprinters aren't generally as good as black sprinters - muscle density.

So, black men can't swim.

and display a smart and professional appearance. I reckon I'd last a month.
That almost implies that you match the caricature of a teacher. I'm sure that's not the case. Mind we had a doctor once, fit as a fiddle always on the run who looked like a mad professor. Bloody fine man. died young which was a shame.

Grrrrr.
Does that mean that we can look forward to more non-black sprinters or is that racist too?

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

I recall the film White Men Can't Jump being released, nobody got offended. But when a black swimmer took part in the Olympics, and people talked of a parody Black Men Can't Swim other people started getting narky. The proportion of black and asians who can't swim is higher than the general population, and black swimmers don't perform as well as white ones for a similar reason that white sprinters aren't generally as good as black sprinters - muscle density.

So, black men can't swim.

As demonstrated many times off Libya.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Does that mean that we can look forward to more non-black sprinters or is that racist too?

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
I guess it means that like every other field, black people will spend their lives wondering whether they got their place on merit or skin colour.

Fat fcukers who order the Full English Breakfast and a Diet Coke. What is the fcuking point of that, dozy fat cnuts...

That Peloton advert with the serial killer-looking guy in the "studio". The smugness just oozes out of the TV.

On the plus side, at least Peloton keep a certain number of lycra-clad cockwhisks off the road, I suppose.

Oh and twats who think its a good idea to eat half their own body weight in Popcorn at the cinema, and rustle fecking sweet wrappers all the way through the film.
FFS if you want a picnic, get a fcuking DVD and stay at home, fecking annoying bastards.

Latest Threads