Things that irritate me

Turkish Barbers.
Since I came back to the UK, I'm seeing them everywhere.

What was wrong with British barbers I ask you!!! Hrumph.
Dunno about you, but I quite liked my local Turkish barber when in the UK - a full beard trim and haircut for about £17 and a decent one too..

Awol

LE
Dunno about you, but I quite liked my local Turkish barber when in the UK - a full beard trim and haircut for about £17 and a decent one too..
Seventeen fucking quid? I do it by myself in the shower with a clipper for oh, let me see, £10, but then, because I know myself quite well, I always refund the £10.

Perhaps it's because I'm not a tw@t and I have no desire to help Albanian gangs launder their criminal earnings derived from people smuggling. When I stayed with @Old Stab in Wales, there were more 'Turkish' Barbers in the town than pubs.

Seventeen fucking quid? I do it by myself in the shower with a clipper for oh, let me see, £10, but then, because I know myself quite well, I always refund the £10.

Perhaps it's because I'm not a tw@t and I have no desire to help Albanian gangs launder their criminal earnings derived from people smuggling. When I stayed with @Old Stab in Wales, there were more 'Turkish' Barbers in the town than pubs.
I didn't mind spending 17 odd quid once every 3 months or so TBH...and I was spending that much anyways on Gillette razors just for shaving + plus the odd haircut.

Awol

LE
I didn't mind spending 17 odd quid once every 3 months or so TBH...and I was spending that much anyways on Gillette razors just for shaving + plus the odd haircut.
Six months ago I paid £10 (in Sainsbury's) for a mains/rechargeable hair clipper thing that had been reduced from £30.

Possible tread drift, (But very much in keeping with the thread title) ... 35 years ago I bought the same thing by Babyliss and after being meticulously oiled after every single use it genuinely is as good as new. Sadly it is now lying in my French houses, stolen by my estranged wife together with my Saab 95, Yamaha XS750 (owned by me for 40 years), two Yamaha Yl100s 1960s vintage, a Honda CB500K1 1970, £40,000 worth of tools including £20,000 of Snap-on, 15,000 books, half of them early edition WW1, and literally everything I've ever owned and kept since I was five, including a Ladybird book on Captain Cook I won at school aged 5 for being the best swot for three consecutive weeks.

All of it lost forever because the houses are in her name (yeah, I know, but thirty years of marriage makes you stupidly trustworthy).

Sorry for the thread drift, but it's getting to me more each day.

Last edited:
stolen by my estranged wife together with my Saab 95, Yamaha XS750 (owned by me for 40 years), two Yamaha Yl100s 1960s vintage, a Honda CB500K1 1970, £40,000 worth of tools including £20,000 of Snap-on, 15,000 books, half of them early edition WW1, and literally everything I've ever owned and kept since I was five, including a Ladybird book on Captain Cook I won at school aged 5 for being the best swot for three consecutive weeks.
Quite a collection by her! And I thought a few thou quid owed by my ex-gf was a big loss...

Six months ago I paid £10 (in Sainsbury's) for a mains/rechargeable hair clipper thing that had been reduced from £30.

Possible tread drift, (But very much in keeping with the thread title) ... 35 years ago I bought the same thing by Babyliss and after being meticulously oiled after every single use it genuinely is as good as new. Sadly it is now lying in my French houses, stolen by my estranged wife together with my Saab 95, Yamaha XS750 (owned by me for 40 years), two Yamaha Yl100s 1960s vintage, a Honda CB500K1 1970, £40,000 worth of tools including £20,000 of Snap-on, 15,000 books, half of them early edition WW1, and literally everything I've ever owned and kept since I was five, including a Ladybird book on Captain Cook I won at school aged 5 for being the best swot for three consecutive weeks.

All of it lost forever because the houses are in her name (yeah, I know, but thirty years of marriage makes you stupidly trustworthy).

I keep my Snap-On roller cab locked and chained to a steel pillar in the cellar. The fcuking whore tried to get the movers to take it but they wisely declined so the cùnt ran a car key across it.....

Awol

LE
I keep my Snap-On roller cab locked and chained to a steel pillar in the cellar. The fcuking whore tried to get the movers to take it but they wisely declined so the cùnt ran a car key across it.....
Before I left the house(s) I realised the big red tool boxes were just too tempting to either her, or a burglar, so I put the actual tools into carrier bags and secreted them around the place. I'm not going to say where because she knows I Arrse (ooh er) and my what my username is, but suffice to say that the tools are hidden, although they would be found if the house and barn were stripped prior to any sale. I practically left the place on a stretcher, so hiding them as I did was something of a challenge, but I'm glad I did. It gets worse in a way, as I also had a lot of kit stored on her mother's farm in the UK. On the day in early October when I went into hospital for an operation, I texted her with a courteous update, just so that she was on top of things and could tell the kids if anything went wrong. (Very unlikely, but I was just covering the bases). She came back immediately with a message "I'm scrapping your stuff at the farm", doing it purely because she knew I was in Hospital and couldn't stop her. I lost about 150 old Haynes manuals, the original XS750 fuel tank, a brand new NOS XS750 fuel tank, £600 imported from the USA, shedloads of WW1 relics, collected from the ground in Ypres, some with names and numbers on then, more tools and Christ knows what else.

I try to not think about it, but fuck I'm angry.

And yet I still love her.

Before I left the house(s) I realised the big red tool boxes were just too tempting to either her, or a burglar, so I put the actual tools into carrier bags and secreted them around the place. I'm not going to say where because she knows I Arrse (ooh er) and my what my username is, but suffice to say that the tools are hidden, although they would be found if the house and barn were stripped prior to any sale. I practically left the place on a stretcher, so hiding them as I did was something of a challenge, but I'm glad I did. It gets worse in a way, as I also had a lot of kit stored on her mother's farm in the UK. On the day in early October when I went into hospital for an operation, I texted her with a courteous update, just so that she was on top of things and could tell the kids if anything went wrong. (Very unlikely, but I was just covering the bases). She came back immediately with a message "I'm scrapping your stuff at the farm", doing it purely because she knew I was in Hospital and couldn't stop her. I lost about 150 old Haynes manuals, the original XS750 fuel tank, a brand new NOS XS750 fuel tank, £600 imported from the USA, shedloads of WW1 relics, collected from the ground in Ypres, some with names and numbers on then, more tools and Christ knows what else.

The only vehicle I physically couldn’t get my hands on was my Arctic Cat which was in her fathers barn, no good to anyone without ownership so l imagine it was parted out long ago. Coming home to find my house emptied wasn’t exactly a pleasure, but she was ignorant of the value of the majority of my possessions and only took obvious high ticket retail type items. I beat her in court so at least I had that satisfaction and made a conscious decision not to replace stolen items with identical so as not to have a constant reminder for me of the theft.

I put my feelings aside long ago when l came to the simple conclusion that it was pointless loving someone who thrived on my misery, if she died tomorrow I wouldn’t shed a tear.

Farms are good, lots of wide open spaces to bury stuff.

Here in the Mid Western and Western States she would have had SSS* applied to her.

* Shoot, Shovel, Shutup.

Used to eat at a place in Southampton that had Swamp and Turf, steak with alligator in a tempura batter.
It was indeed like chicken and beautifully tender.
I bet the reason that all 'exotic' meat tastes like chicken is because it is in fact chicken, they list an unusual meat like Alligator, Zebra, Giraffe, Camel, or Gnu, boil up some old chicken in gravy, add some spices and bingo, it's anything they say it is

syrup

LE
Have you noticed that they never have a customer? I am convinced that they are a front business for something else.

My ones mobbed you often have to time it right or sit for ages
He does a good job if you like a Peaky Blinders cut.
He always has a different lad each week standing next to him learning the basic cut
Then three weeks later he is the "plise sir" in the back of the place with his own chair.
If you like a grade 1 back and sides with a tidy on top and a parting whether you ask for it or not then it's the place for you.

He can't be an Overlord, he wears Crocs, ffs. (Crocs. One of the things that irritate me).

Editted to add AUDI drivers.
You will wear the mandatory Holy Croc Knockoffs or take your head home in a doggy bag, minion.

£20k of Snap-On? That’s about 3 spanners then...

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Sorry to hear that. Hardly sounds like a fair and equitable break to me.

quilter

Old-Salt

My sympathy mate, :hug: I was on the receiving end of something similar, (cost me my job - civvie working for AAC in Germany) my quarter, penniless but a removal van's worth of furniture, desperate and very bitter :pissedoff:for years after BUT now I am me, happy, settled and it all takes time, save your affections for someone worthy, and going back to the original thread - I loathe folks who stand and chat in doorways, especially on buses, trying to get off without having to "EXCUSE ME," gets my giddy goat - otherwise I am cool and collected :meditate:

Latest Threads