Things that irritate me

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I suppose all that lot leaves us Fortran users out for the count.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Standby! Apparently there are some cases of 'Black Death' in China? There are a lot of Chinese to help spread it about.

Oh come on, it gives you something to laugh at when they say 'I am fat/dumb/addicted/criminal (delete as appropriate) because my mother/father/whoever behaved like a c-unt.

Just imagining that the world has been saved from them being surgeons, doctors, etc.
We're it not for the fact that the folk pushing this crap with evangelical zeal are educated and with their hands on the purse strings.
And if you don't bother to question it, it makes sense, it seems logical you can believe it.

When you start to question it you discover the nurture aspect of the nature/nurture debate has just been repackaged and delivered as The Answer.

See she uses science words (and awful grammar) so it must be right.

Standby! Apparently there are some cases of 'Black Death' in China? There are a lot of Chinese to help spread it about.
Starts humming
A ring-a-ring-a-rosies
A pocket full of posies

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Nice idea.Who will pay for it? Water is very heavy and expensive to move about.
(Below is my reply to Tyk yesterday)
Of course before any concrete is poured, you will have to contend with “environmental campaigners” and “animal rights campaigners” and other Nimbys bemoaning the loss of habitat and visual vandalism and local traffic disruption. Then several years of investigative groundwork, more committees, local resident impact assessments etc etc
God forbid you suggest it for a National Park or SSSI.
The EU? It could have its own little flag.

Sky Television.
A mate had to go to a meeting that had been cancelled, but then came back onto the agenda. Sky were due to redo his Sky set up, so I went to housesit it in case they turned up.
He arrived.Much sucking of teeth.Seems that due to the position of the dish, he needs to secure a rawl bolt into the chimney breast so his ladder can be secured to it...right ok. Then on closer inspection, stepping from his ladder onto the flat roof to get to the dish will enquire a two man team with special access equipment...They will need a second visit to do the job.The next appointment is on the 12th December.
I am delighted that Sky take the health and safety of their workers so seriously, but surely they need to get into the real world?

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
I went into a Builders Merchant today (Travis Perkins) to pay for items quoted to my builder for use on my house. The items were available but I had forgotten to take the email generated quotes with me. The Builder is well known and of many years standing. At the counter, I gave his name to a girl aged 23 or so, so she could look at the quote on her computer. she looked blandly at me and said " I'm not paid enough to have to learn peoples names!" then stared at me for over a minute. I didn't reply to her remark, but went home intending to go back tomorrow. Bloody irritating! I have since had a rethink! I feel like tabbing into the boss's office when I go back in the morning and tell him what she said. Should I leave well alone; however the builder has spent nearly £20.000 on the present work all with this Builder's merchant. I'm even more irritated now!

I went into a Builders Merchant today (Travis Perkins) to pay for items quoted to my builder for use on my house. The items were available but I had forgotten to take the email generated quotes with me. The Builder is well known and of many years standing. At the counter, I gave his name to a girl aged 23 or so, so she could look at the quote on her computer. she looked blandly at me and said " I'm not paid enough to have to learn peoples names!" then stared at me for over a minute. I didn't reply to her remark, but went home intending to go back tomorrow. Bloody irritating! I have since had a rethink! I feel like tabbing into the boss's office when I go back in the morning and tell him what she said. Should I leave well alone; however the builder has spent nearly £20.000 on the present work all with this Builder's merchant. I'm even more irritated now!
Dob her in

My bookmarks disappeared from my Chrome browser today for no apparent reason. Pissed off - as I had a lot of music and other things tagged.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
My bookmarks disappeared from my Chrome browser today for no apparent reason. Pissed off - as I had a lot of music and other things tagged.
Redshift, I have a problem this past three weeks with my computer that nobody can seem to solve, it concerns my laptop and my Iphone. My inbox on both just empties to God knows where every few days. I hope someone on here will know the answer?

Latest Threads