Things that irritate me

Tramadol........ 2,000mg, will see you off nicely.
Interestingly tramdol itself isn't actually that powerful in its effects (roughly the same as codeine). The liver converts tramadol to a metabolite which is responsible for the stronger painkilling effects. That means, depending on your liver biochemistry, you may experience different reactions to tramadol than other people. Personally I find taking tramadol gives me horrendous insomnia and itching.

Not that that would be an issue at the dosage you prescribed, Red would be rather more preoccupied with the hallucinations of giant hairy spiders and the fact he was having difficulty breathing.

Plus the constipation afterwards ;)

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I used to use Panadol from time to time, but gave up since I really shouldn't be taking them on a long term basis. But they were bliss.
There's a lot of material on 'sleep hygiene' available. A few things from memory:

Keep your bedroom clear of tech and TV. It should be for sleep only. (Or sex, which will also help with sleep.)
Have a warm bath or shower before retiring.
Sit and write down the things that are bugging you before you have that bath or shower.
Read a dull book once you are in bed.
Start relaxing your body bit by bit from the toes upwards to help you settle when you put the book down.
There are also apps which can help. As I haven't used them I can't vouch for them, but I know a couple of people who would.

BopBopBop

Old-Salt
There's a lot of material on 'sleep hygiene' available. A few things from memory:

Keep your bedroom clear of tech and TV. It should be for sleep only. (Or sex, which will also help with sleep.)
Sit and write down the things that are bugging you before you have that bath or shower.
Start relaxing your body bit by bit from the toes upwards to help you settle when you put the book down.
There are also apps which can help. As I haven't used them I can't vouch for them, but I know a couple of people who would.
I could have put this in the "I instantly fell back on my training" thread.

I must have some sort of internal spirit level.
Once horizontal position and eyes closed detected.

Zzzzzzzzzzz.

edit..
We were told, "Sleep is a duty"

Last edited:
Panadol? But that's just paracetamol
This was the stuff...

OTC but would always be advised by the people not to take it for more than 2 weeks. And you had to specifically ask fo it...not on the shelves. Knocked me out for a night of sleep though.

This was the stuff...

OTC but would always be advised by the people not to take it for more than 2 weeks. And you had to specifically ask fo it...not on the shelves. Knocked me out for a night of sleep though.
Understood, that's Panadol NightPain, with Diphenhydramine, a first generation anti-histamine, which makes you drowsy.
Panadol itself is Paracetamol.
The Advil PM I mentioned also contains Diphenhydramine

I used to think that I was fairly easy going, annoyed by nothing, but this site makes me realise that I actually find just about everything irritates me

I used to have trouble sleeping, now I don't have a set bedtime I just don't bother until I feel tired, and then let natural light wake me up and avoid having an alarm set

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
This was the stuff...

For safer non addictive sleeping options, try Nytol or Natrasleep. One of the main ingredients is hops so it's almost beer!

Last edited:
The latest Tesco radio ad, where the caring father has an 8 year old daughter who comes home from school and wants to be a vegi so gives up meat as he's such a fantastic dad.
Grips my shit something rotten.
'Very nice dear its roast ham for tea, now remember you don't need to listen to all the shite they try to indoctrinate into you at school.'

Ritch

LE
Thick as mince, senile old twàts.

Stretched C90s that sounded like the artist was dealing with a prolapse dipping into a bucket of ice cubes.
And then came the C120 more often than not wrapping itself around the little rubber tension wheel

Ritch

LE
Three wheeled vehicles eh?

All of this was filmed in Sheffield, a lot within a mile of me but it really pointed out to me just how much they film as I can see the filmed in areas all over Sheffield.

Likewise I am not a dwarf. 5'10" of which 34" is inside leg. Even trousers for 'tall' women are like capri pants.

Thank heaven for Lands End - you can have trousers hemmed to any length you specify.

Back to the irritation of M&S.

Last year they had a lovely poster on the wall of the ladies' department, showing various outfits including a smart, tailored pair of calf-length trousers in a black and white houndstooth check.

On asking where in the store I could find some I was told 'oh, we don't actually sell those, they're just a representation'.

Why put up a picture of stuff you don't sell?
F'ing shoes for me. All those nice styles for 8-9's get to twelves-we haven't got much in that- so it's off to Norwich again. QM wasn' kidding when he said there was "nuffink uniform about you, is there lad?" Trousers, My problem is I've no hips worth a damn. Even my wife says I'm a tube with Kink in the middle.

Latest Threads