Things that irritate me

Listening to the radio in the car this morning, there was a bloke on talking about childhood cancer, don't get me wrong I think like everyone else it is a terrible disease. Anyway this bloke goes on to say that world childhood cancer was created by Barrack Obamah " when the USA had a great president unlike now" one simple phrase, could't keep his pathetic prejudices to himself. I immediately muttered the C word under my breath and changed the channel on the radio. Whatever message this bloke was trying to get across to help these kids was certainly lost to me and no doubt many others because he couldn't keep his mouth shut.

The twat in an Astra cdti today who refused to go above 40MPH on the A98 which is a twisty road with few chances to pass
There seems to be many more ‘Sunday drivers’ about nowadays. I’m sure they get some weird satisfaction out of how many vehicles they can have snaking behind them - the more the merrier. Twats!

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I suppose trying a a syringe full straight into the throat would not work?
It would, but that's a job for the household's Senior Dog Wrangler.

chimera

LE
John G

Caravans.

Women (and it's always women, for some reason) who seem unable to say 'cook', 'look' or 'book', but prefer to say 'curk', 'lurk' and 'burk'.

There's one on R4 now.

There seems to be many more ‘Sunday drivers’ about nowadays. I’m sure they get some weird satisfaction out of how many vehicles they can have snaking behind them - the more the merrier. Twats!
We have a tw*t round here that drives his electric milk float along a main road at 10 mph during the morning rush hour. Despite there being several places he could pull in he won't... and he sits in the middle of the lane as well.

Always a bloody long queue behind him.

We have a tw*t round here that drives his electric milk float along a main road at 10 mph during the morning rush hour. Despite there being several places he could pull in he won't... and he sits in the middle of the lane as well.

I wonder if the Iranians have any drones left?

Perhaps they're channeling their inner Father Ted, and they have to be doing over 4 mph

Electric milk float? Is your town stuck in 1970?

Electric milk float? Is your town stuck in 1970?
The bloke who drives it is... the funny thing is there is never any milk on it that I've seen, but he always does the same route at the same time a couple of times a week.

Londo

LE

I'm willing to bet he's never been in an accident with said milk float . I'm also willing to bet he's seen a few though .

Is his name Ernie by any chance...

Once we have Brexit/Crash Out will Nigel Farage & his party including Ms Anne "I'm Still A Virgin" Widdecome be redundant, out of a job & unemployable? Only saying as a MEP he and his little gang look like a bunch of deranged nutters, loonies and useless cnuts.

This is more of a WTF thing but here goes.

This morning, I was in a second hand bookshop. I wanted to buy two books and, seeing a card machine, took out my debit card.

'Can you pay by cash?' The shopkeeper said.

'Can't I use my card?'

Slightly assertive tone from shopkeeper: 'My brother doesn't like it'

'I need my cash. I'll pay by card'

'Oh... ' (sad, miffed off expression from shopkeeper) '... we don't like cards'

'You've got a card machine. That implies that you don't mind people paying by card'

'I keep telling my brother we should hide it....' The shokeeper replied 'It causes all sorts of problems' (he takes card machine off counter and hides it).

I paid in cash. He took five minutes to make a note of what I'd bought, and to tell me that things were no better - with card machines - in Hay on Wye, either. It was like the Foyles of old. The customer is always right but don't upset my brother.

This is more of a WTF thing but here goes.

This morning, I was in a second hand bookshop. I wanted to buy two books and, seeing a card machine, took out my debit card.

'Can you pay by cash?' The shopkeeper said.

'Can't I use my card?'

Slightly assertive tone from shopkeeper: 'My brother doesn't like it'

'I need my cash. I'll pay by card'

'Oh... ' (sad, miffed off expression from shopkeeper) '... we don't like cards'

'You've got a card machine. That implies that you don't mind people paying by card'

'I keep telling my brother we should hide it....' The shokeeper replied 'It causes all sorts of problems' (he takes card machine off counter and hides it).

I paid in cash. He took five minutes to make a note of what I'd bought, and to tell me that things were no better - with card machines - in Hay on Wye, either. It was like the Foyles of old. The customer is always right but don't upset my brother.
Tip off the taxman.
There's obviously a dodge going on here.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Facebook
I know I know my fault
using the wifes account I have bunged on a car for sale, it belongs to a friend who has owned it for 9 years, always garage serviced, its a little Nissan Micra, so cheap insurance and tax, got long mot, new high end stereo and also includes a satnav and a few extras
our friend is going to be working away for 7 months, so rather than leave it over winter its getting sold
had it valeted today and dropping it off tommorow

I asked my motor engineer about value and he said 500 to 700 quid all day
so I put it in at 325 to shift it quick
dont want it here for months like my son in laws renault thingy that ravers covets

the level of mongess I have encountered is terrifying, and my replies to people are getting less and less PC

Has it got power steering ?? no it weighs fuck all and dont need it
he then replies
They’re are way too heavy without power steering! !!
my terse reply
you noodle armed pooftah !

is it automatic, yes but the advert says manual

what colour is it????
any colour you want , but its red in the pictures, but will include a full respray in a colour of your choice !!!

from an Asian chappie
will you take 50 quid
yep I will take 50 quid, you wont get sod all but I will spend your money wisely

I want to see copies of all of the service history and high res photos of the inside ????
for 325 you are some sort of idiot, come here and look, examine the folder, look at the service book and buy it or go away happy

is it really a woman owner
well its her name in the log book, you can sniff the drivers seat if you wish ( she is 68)

has it got any faults
yes its a bloody Micra driven by mad old birds and drunken teenagers

has it had an accident
no but she did in the drivers seat

I am losing the will to live

Last edited:

Latest Threads