Things that irritate me

Also because many products are sadly crap, these days, our 700 Euro Grundig fridge conked out badly a few months after the warranty ended. :mad:
The next one,(not Grundig) has a 5 year warranty for 20 Euros,i think that's acceptable.,i'm not happy about the necessity but it's acceptable.:(

Actually, probably not.

Assuming a washing machine costs £500, and the chance of it breaking down in 5 years is 2%. That means that for every 50 extended warranties sold the maker will have to cough for one new machine.

If they sell those 50 warranties at £10 they’ve covered the RETAIL cost of the machine. If they’re charging you £20 you can bet they’re making a fat profit on the insurance, which is why every till jockey in Curry’s etc is pushing extended warranty to every punter.

They wouldn’t offer extended warranty if it cost them money.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Liberal Democrats.

That is all.

Liberal Democrats.

That is all.
Unelected Liberal Democrats in particular. If you’re so certain you are representing the views of the majority of your constituents, then have the courage of your convictions, resign and trigger a By Election. :x

I never buy expensive white goods. If they fail after manufacturers warranty has expired I just get rid and buy new. Beko have been my product of choice for the last 15 years.
Bought a new dishwasher this year because I could not be arsed to fix the old one. When asked about the extended warranty, I declined. When the woman queried this, I said I would throw it away and get a new one. She seemed genuinely taken aback.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Bought a new dishwasher this year because I could not be arsed to fix the old one. When asked about the extended warranty, I declined. When the woman queried this, I said I would throw it away and get a new one. She seemed genuinely taken aback.
I always reply that I expect modern appliances to last.

That floors 'em!

Unelected Liberal Democrats in particular. If you’re so certain you are representing the views of the majority of your constituents, then have the courage of your convictions, resign and trigger a By Election. :x
Personally I feel, it shouldn't matter what Party you belong to....

You turn your back, on the Party you were Elected to represent. You FORFEIT the right, to stay an MP and must stand for reelection at a by Election.

No doubt there'll be people who will say, "you vote for the candidate", that's a load of bollocks. Most people have never met their candidate and so haven't a clue who they are.
I've done it and I will not be the last, to look at the ballet paper, find your party and put a X..... "That's my civic duty done for another 4 years".

I went to PC World with my big sister to buy her a laptop for a birthday present. The ‘manager’ offered extended warranty which I declined.

“But it’s very good value”

“No it’s not”

“I’m sorry sir, you really don’t understand...”

At which point Sis interrupted

“My brother has a PhD in economics, which bit of it do you think he doesn’t understand”

The manager did a guppy impression but made the sale. Sans extended warranty :)

RABC

LE
What is this obsession with headphones. At work the first thing our bearded, mostly morbid obese youngsters do, after purchasing their extra large wanky lattechinos with vanilla syrup, is to plug their headphones in.

The Apple ones look like the top of an Oral B electric toothbrush. I,m sick of having to keeping tapping on peoples shoulders to get them to unplug themselves from Spotify or YouTube, and if you walk around any street all you see is people with headphones on.

Actually, probably not.

Assuming a washing machine costs £500, and the chance of it breaking down in 5 years is 2%. That means that for every 50 extended warranties sold the maker will have to cough for one new machine.

If they sell those 50 warranties at £10 they’ve covered the RETAIL cost of the machine. If they’re charging you £20 you can bet they’re making a fat profit on the insurance, which is why every till jockey in Curry’s etc is pushing extended warranty to every punter.

They wouldn’t offer extended warranty if it cost them money.
I realise what you're saying makes sense,but sadly i always seem to be the 2%. :(
For me personally it adds up.;)

I realise what you're saying makes sense,but sadly i always seem to be the 2%. :(
For me personally it adds up.;)
What they’re selling is peace of mind to the risk averse.

I 9once did an audit of the various insurance covers I had and when I added it up I was paying out more than I ever got back.

The economists’ advice on insurance is only insure things you can’t afford to replace, or where there’s a legal obligation. That’s basically house and car insurance.

The new 'Save the Children' advert that just popped up on my TV.
Jesus titty christ.
Haven’t watched broadcast TV in a while before tonight. Ever bloody ad is pushing the LGTB and multiculturalism agenda.

One ad for a phone company has two gay guys ringing their parents to say they are engaged, the next ad has some Aussie farmer driving his middle eastern neighbors child a few hours to the local hospital

Last edited:
Just a thought, why not just wait until it loads properly the first time?
Because there are idiots in that thread who need correcting and punishing, and some of us do not have unlimited leisure time!

Haven’t watched broadcast TV in a while before tonight. Ever bloody ad is pushing the LGTB and multiculturalism agenda.

One ad for a phone company has two gay guys ringing their parents to say they are engaged, the next ad has some Aussie farmer driving his middle eastern neighbors child an fee hours to the local hospital
Are you saying that you don't like it when the LGTB's push back?

”Sydney Weekender”. Its a TV show about things to do and places to visit on the weekend. It’s shown at 5:30PM Sunday afternoon.
You are so so lucky you don't get Adelady too bimbos convinced tv station to finance them troughing their way around South Australia, absolute shite one of them the size of a house needs free food Not. Makes me want to smash the screen if I come across it by mistake.

You are so so lucky you don't get Adelady too bimbos convinced tv station to finance them troughing their way around South Australia, absolute shite one of them the size of a house needs free food Not. Makes me want to smash the screen if I come across it by mistake.
If it's anything like these fecking shithouse reality and contestant tv shows that are getting advertised ad-bloody-nauseam on the tv last night, I'm glad I've given away commercial TV.

Reminds me of the pub quiz in the place I grew up - a very hard area.

First question - “Who you fück’n lookin at?”
To which there is no correct answer.

We'll, I've never witnessed a successful retort thus far.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
To which there is no correct answer.

We'll, I've never witnessed a successful retort thus far.
When I was at school, a long time ago, the answer was 'can't tell, the label has fallen off'.

Latest Threads