Things that irritate me

O Zangado

War Hero
Lucy Verasamy, the weather girl on ITV. Not only does she frequently forget what she's talking about (a bit hard when there is autocue), she keeps waving her arms about like a demented chimp.
In fairness to the fragrant Lucy she does at least have two arms, which is apparently one more than necessary to wave about on the BBC weather reports.

But I digress. Ever since our self serving, trough hogging, anti democratic, devious, arrogant, lying scumbags honourable members went feral and decided they know better than 17.4 million voters, they are being referred to, and (even worse) have started referring to themselves as 'parliamentarians'. The supercilious, preening fekkers.

OZ

Pigeons, I fucking hate pigeons, the one that shat on my windscreen this morning must have had an arrse the size of a fucking rhinoceros, it covered half the fucking screen, fuck knows what it had eaten as well, going by the state of it with a bit of luck the fucker will be dead of stomach rot before too long

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
To see the House of Commons turned into a miserable comparison with the chimps tea party (except the chimps were better mannered) essentially by the speaker and the opposition parties.

To see the House of Commons turned into a miserable comparison with the chimps tea party (except the chimps were better mannered) essentially by the speaker and the opposition parties.
In their own minds they think they are being brave and historic, whereas outside their little bubble, most right thinking people see them as childish Political Pygmies.

Pigeons, I fucking hate pigeons, the one that shat on my windscreen this morning must have had an arrse the size of a fucking rhinoceros, it covered half the fucking screen, fuck knows what it had eaten as well, going by the state of it with a bit of luck the fucker will be dead of stomach rot before too long
Driving along minding my own business a while back there was a 'Bang!' and the screen went green. The wife screamed, I nearly shat.
I can only presume it was a Goose that had bombed me.

The dishwasher bust a few days ago, so we rang the insurance company to get a bloke out to repair it. Unfortunately it's so old they can't get the parts, so the "new for old" clause kicks in and we're due a new free dishwasher. Nice.

That's "Free" as in "£100 to dispose of the old one and install the new free one". So not exactly "free" but meh.

Text message yesterday saying the new dishwasher was coming today, with a phone call on the day to give me a time slot. So I'm sat here like a spare prick at an orgy waiting for the call or even the lorry rolling up unannounced.

Nothing.

I rang the insurance company just now, the mong at the other end told me, "Yes sir, it's coming today or Saturday". First I've heard of Saturday. I went slightly mental at him for the lack of communication and he gave me the number of the delivery mongs at Hotpoint to find out WTF was happening. So I rang them, who did indeed confirm today or Saturday, which is no good to me as we'll be away at the weekend.

They also informed me that they were only down to install the new one, not disconnect and dispose of the old one, which we've already paid (online) the insurance company for them (Hotpoint) to do. "Sorry sir, that's not on the order I've got in front of me." Advised me to ring the insurance to get them to confirm to the delivery mongs what the score was.

Rang the insurance A-fucking-GAIN, who informed me that whilst we had paid for installation and removal, the delivery mongs couldn't disconnect the old one - I'd have to do it, or get a plumber to do it. No fucking chance! Which I made quite clear to the dozy cunt. Don't ask me how I managed to restrain myself from firing of a few rounds of fucks down the phone!!

So the insurance mong put me on hold while she spoke to the Hotpoint delivery mongs. Then I get put through to the delivery mongs who confirm they will disconnect and dispose of the old one then install the new one on Monday, between 7am and 7pm. I'll allegedly get a text on Sunday with a 3 hour window for Monday.

Do you think i should hold my breath for things to go swimmingly on Sunday/Monday, given that the old one is built in and I've no idea where it's water connections are as I wasn't here when it was fitted all those years ago?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The dishwasher bust a few days ago, so we rang the insurance company to get a bloke out to repair it. Unfortunately it's so old they can't get the parts, so the "new for old" clause kicks in and we're due a new free dishwasher. Nice.

That's "Free" as in "£100 to dispose of the old one and install the new free one". So not exactly "free" but meh.

Text message yesterday saying the new dishwasher was coming today, with a phone call on the day to give me a time slot. So I'm sat here like a spare prick at an orgy waiting for the call or even the lorry rolling up unannounced.

Nothing.

I rang the insurance company just now, the mong at the other end told me, "Yes sir, it's coming today or Saturday". First I've heard of Saturday. I went slightly mental at him for the lack of communication and he gave me the number of the delivery mongs at Hotpoint to find out WTF was happening. So I rang them, who did indeed confirm today or Saturday, which is no good to me as we'll be away at the weekend.

They also informed me that they were only down to install the new one, not disconnect and dispose of the old one, which we've already paid (online) the insurance company for them (Hotpoint) to do. "Sorry sir, that's not on the order I've got in front of me." Advised me to ring the insurance to get them to confirm to the delivery mongs what the score was.

Rang the insurance A-*******-GAIN, who informed me that whilst we had paid for installation and removal, the delivery mongs couldn't disconnect the old one - I'd have to do it, or get a plumber to do it. No ******* chance! Which I made quite clear to the dozy ****. Don't ask me how I managed to restrain myself from firing of a few rounds of fucks down the phone!!

So the insurance mong put me on hold while she spoke to the Hotpoint delivery mongs. Then I get put through to the delivery mongs who confirm they will disconnect and dispose of the old one then install the new one on Monday, between 7am and 7pm. I'll allegedly get a text on Sunday with a 3 hour window for Monday.

Do you think i should hold my breath for things to go swimmingly on Sunday/Monday, given that the old one is built in and I've no idea where it's water connections are as I wasn't here when it was fitted all those years ago?
Get it done then change insurance companies. The current one knows that the new machine will have 12 or 24 months manufacturers warranty so money you pay them is pure profit. Go to a more reliable supplier and start anew!

Get it done then change insurance companies. The current one knows that the new machine will have 12 or 24 months manufacturers warranty so money you pay them is pure profit. Go to a more reliable supplier and start anew!
We're going to get the kitchen refurbished in a month or two (new doors and handles to the units and new washing machine, fridge/freezer and oven, so yes, a new policy in a couple of years time for the lot is on the cards.

Although I don't doubt all insurance firms are equally useless.

wheel

LE
We're going to get the kitchen refurbished in a month or two (new doors and handles to the units and new washing machine, fridge/freezer and oven, so yes, a new policy in a couple of years time for the lot is on the cards.

Although I don't doubt all insurance firms are equally useless.
I never buy expensive white goods. If they fail after manufacturers warranty has expired I just get rid and buy new. Beko have been my product of choice for the last 15 years.

I never buy expensive white goods. If they fail after manufacturers warranty has expired I just get rid and buy new. Beko have been my product of choice for the last 15 years.
The old dishwasher is over 16 years old, so it owes us nothing. It's just the pain of getting the dozy fucking mongs to replace it without fucking things up at every turn that's pissing me off.

wheel

LE
The old dishwasher is over 16 years old, so it owes us nothing. It's just the pain of getting the dozy ******* mongs to replace it without ******* things up at every turn that's pissing me off.
If it is over 16 years old and you have been paying insurance on it you probably could have paid for it several times over.

If it is over 16 years old and you have been paying insurance on it you probably could have paid for it several times over.
And associated multiple sets of grief getting it swapped? No ta.

I bought a very expensive Miele washing machine tax-free from the NAAFI in 1995. Still got it, still working, never bought an insurance policy for it. It's cost me £180 in repairs in all the time.

Stick yer Bekos :)

wheel

LE
I bought a very expensive Miele washing machine tax-free from the NAAFI in 1995. Still got it, still working, never bought an insurance policy for it. It's cost me £180 in repairs in all the time.

Stick yer Bekos :)
Yes but you only was your skiddies once a year so its not had much use

Yes but you only was your skiddies once a year so its not had much use
Twice. Twice a year. Xmas and me birthday!

Things that irritate me? Bloody sales staff trying to push ‘extended warranty’ on me.

They’re a fecking business, FFS. There’s only one reason they’re pushing extended warranty at us, it’s because they make money from it.

wheel

LE
Things that irritate me? Bloody sales staff trying to push ‘extended warranty’ on me.

They’re a fecking business, FFS. There’s only one reason they’re pushing extended warranty at us, it’s because they make money from it.
It could be the next PPI scandal. Taking out unnecessary insurance in the first 12/24 months are covered by manufacturers warranty .
I hate sales men oops persons ;) no gender identity was assumed in the making of this statement

Latest Threads