Things that irritate me

Obviously amateurs. Proper way to do it is a hard turn at 200', power off and use the turn to bleed off the speed while chucking out the flaps and if required, gear.

One that has been irritating me for a while now, and sorry if bringing it up draws your attention to it and irritates you.

It's a politician thing - they almost all have the habit of including in their conversation the word "LOOK" eg "look now", "now look". It happens so often that it can't be a fluke and it must at some stage have been briefed by some utter twonk to one of them to as being somehow good to do. Watch out for it next time you hear a politician....

Might be the same person who advised advertisers to drop the word pound because "two nine nine" is much more affordable sounding than "two hundred and ninety nine pounds"

Feel better now that's off me chest. Apologise for this utterly dull post.

Awol

LE
Obviously amateurs. Proper way to do it is a hard turn at 200', power off and use the turn to bleed off the speed while chucking out the flaps and if required, gear.
They can't be amateurs anymore, they've been doing it every 45 minutes of every daylight hour for at least the last 18 days.

Personally I'm praying for fog.

They can't be amateurs anymore, they've been doing it every 45 minutes of every daylight hour for at least the last 18 days.

Followed swiftly by the news item, 'Idiot pilot wipes out 5,000 bed hospital after crashing due to thick fog'. :-D

And he still hasn't figured it out. Amateur.

Bollox

War Hero
Well thank fcuk you don’t have double white centre lines in the Karoo.

Our marvellous woke, millennial generation has added a new level of cnutishness to the world.

Not crossing double white lines to overtake cyclists despite good visibility and no oncoming traffic. They will sit, ad infinitum, trundling along because of paint. Oddly, they’re not keen when you express your desire to get on with your life and go past with the merest soupçon of fcuking loud horn :p

Not only that, often, leaving so much gap between them and the cyclist that should they have the opportunity to overtake, their cnut bucket vegan shitbus doesn’t have the beans to get past before the next oncoming vehicle.

I find myself in the odd position of, almost, hating a group of cnuts more than cyclists
You can cross double white lines to overtake a cyclist if they are moving below 10mph and the road is clear.
Rule 129 of the highway code applies

ndolajim

Clanker
Lucy Verasamy, the weather girl on ITV. Not only does she frequently forget what she's talking about (a bit hard when there is autocue), she keeps waving her arms about like a demented chimp.
They ramble on for so long I fall asleep or forget which day they are talking about.
Where did that stupid expression "spit and spots" come from?
Why, when it is going to rain, or frosty, or a bit windy, we get Met office warnings of travel disruption.

Bob Upndown

War Hero
You can cross double white lines to overtake a cyclist if they are moving below 10mph and the road is clear.
Rule 129 of the highway code applies
Many thanks for the confirmation @Bollox , much appreciated.

Do you have a way of communicating that to the fcuktards in question two or three vehicles ahead of me???!!

I’m just listening to Frances O’Grady droning on at the TUC Conference (Live on BBC News).
A career TU activist, attacking the ‘rich’ Tories and naturally, slagging off Boris - and the Donald.
It’s nice to have a platform to knock the rich and the extreme right (her words, not mine), particularly when you ‘earn’ more than the PM. She is currently on £175k pa. Up the workers! :x

I’m just listening to Frances O’Grady droning on at the TUC Conference (Live on BBC News).
A career TU activist, attacking the ‘rich’ Tories and naturally, slagging off Boris - and the Donald.
It’s nice to have a platform to knock the rich and the extreme right (her words, not mine), particularly when you ‘earn’ more than the PM. She is currently on £175k pa. Up the workers! :x
That does beg the question,why are you listening to it?

That does beg the question,why are you listening to it?
Fair enough. I’m sat working on my CV, with the TV on in the background. Probably make more sense to switch off the TV and I might actually get it finished!

Fair enough. I’m sat working on my CV, with the TV on in the background. Probably make more sense to switch off the TV and I might actually get it finished!
See? You knew the answer all along.

Have you got to the bit about being a “good team player but enjoy the challenges associated with using your initiative to problem solve” yet?

Latest Threads