Things that irritate me

Offa

War Hero
Classic Political tinkering to a system which worked perfectly well up to the early 70’s. As a working class lad, I was privileged to have the opportunity of passing the 11+ exam, which got me into the local Grammar School, where I secured the O levels that got me into the R SIGNALS and so on. I wasn’t particularly clever or bright, but I managed to climb out of the Secondary Education swamp which swallowed all my sisters and most of my peers.
Political envy saw the end of all that and the Politicians can try and justify the current system until they are blue in the face, but wouldn’t it be nice if they just admitted they Royally fcuked it up?! Twats.
Same here, Slip. Went to grammar at start of sixties, good education and broad social mix. The culture was aspirational and the teaching very effective. (I still enlisted though, in a kind of Beau Geste gesture).

This oxygen thief "enjoys" being a pedophile - Hope he enjoys being on arrse too, pure scum
1566489405199.png

Damien Read 21 from Didsbury
A pedophile who groomed a 14-year-old girl told police 'I love being a sex offender', a court heard.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
This oxygen thief "enjoys" being a pedophile - Hope he enjoys being on arrse too, pure scum
View attachment 412226
Damien Read 21 from Didsbury
A pedophile who groomed a 14-year-old girl told police 'I love being a sex offender', a court heard.
Hang on, I thought we weren't supposed to accuse anyone of being a you know what

People who call you needing help with something, but then say they don't have the time to deal with you and just leave you with the problem despite you needing their input.

People who call you needing help with something, but then say they don't have the time to deal with you and just leave you with the problem despite you needing their input.
I have as much interest in fixing their shit as they have.

Fo some reason, they get upset in finding I've not even looked at their problem.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I have as much interest in fixing their shit as they have.

Fo some reason, they get upset in finding I've not even looked at their problem.
Spot on. I remember helping one lady colleague with an IT issue, asking her a question, turning around to repeat it as she hadn't replied, to see she was reading the newspaper! I suggested she read a manual, and went back to my own work.

People who tell you that "any time is fine" then say "No" to most of the times you give them then turn around and give you only one or two specific times that work for them.

Women who cup both hands around a coffee mug. So, all women, basically.

Men who do the same should just come out and acknowledge the ghey.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Women who cup both hands around a coffee mug. So, all women, basically.

Men who do the same should just come out and acknowledge the ghey.
Not me. Sorry to burst your generalisation.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
That'll be the guy wearing the blazer and cravat.

Interestingly, you might occasionally see a man cupping both hands around his pint glass. These are generally end-stage alcoholics.
Call me old fashioned, but I always insist on a glass if I have to have a beer served from a bottle, rather than on draught. I’ve never taken to swigging from the bottle, which apparently is the trendy way to imbibe. I don’t think I’m an alky and I definitely don’t wear a blazer and cravat in the local - in fact, I’ve never wore a cravat!
Must be a generation thing.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Call me old fashioned, but I always insist on a glass if I have to have a beer served in a bottle, rather than in draught. I’ve never taken to swigging from the bottle, which apparently is the trendy way to imbibe.
Must be a generation thing.
Not old fashioned - civilised.

Latest Threads