Things that irritate me

Twice yesterday, once on BBC 5 Live and once on 6 Music I heard the news reader refer to the machete attack on a PC in London and the arrest of a man for (at that point) GBH. They both described it as GREVIOUS (to rhyme with previous) bodily harm. A small thing but it annoys me. The same way when one of the PCSOs at work asked 'Is that spelt with a haitch?' I got a funny look when I said 'No, bit it is spelt with an aitch' To be fair she is a Scouser so English is not exactly her first language.

Those adverts for the National Lottery showing the supposed call centre at work, she answers the call and then says ‘I can confirm that that is 1.14 million’ or something like that and then asks ‘how do you feel’? I have 2 questions for you you daft cow, 1, how the fucking hell do you think he’s feeling? And 2, why aren’t you saying to him ‘you lucky cunt’?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Moronic people such as Caitlin Moran (the mutton dressed as lamb) extolling Lily Allen as being on the up.

...The company’s troubles have their roots in the dysfunction of apartheid. (It all worked and there was power to spare, which was exported to neighbouring countries) South Africa’s power grid was designed to serve the white minority. (Nope. It was designed to serve those who paid for it. Expansion was always on the cards and regular maintenance was SOP.) After the first democratic elections in 1994, the new government, led by the African National Congress (ANC), connected poor black areas (Connections already existed but they had no intention of paying for services as they were promised everything for free by the ANC regime.) to the grid. Massive expansion was needed to meet surging demand. (Which was pointed out and soundly ignored because the nasty old racists were saying it and the money, along with the maintenance budget, was better spent on offshore bank accounts and new Mercedes Benz.) But stations have been dogged by accusations of contract irregularities. (ie, corruption.) Eskom’s problems have been aggravated by the fact that many South Africans do not pay for their electricity. (Yet are still supplied and the difference is made up by, you guessed it, the same old ones who pick up the tab for everything else.) Municipalities often have outstanding payments, some individuals (A large proportion) steal electricity through illegal connections, and others view electricity as something that the ANC should provide free of charge. The cost of electricity has duly risen, (Generally paid for by the evil oppressor, including the 'free' allowance lower income areas receive.) demand has now shrunk and some people have gone off grid altogether. On top of this, Eskom’s workforce is almost 50% larger than a decade ago, even though many skilled staff have responded to the drop in morale and the company’s increasing politicisation by leaving. (Affirmative action also resulted in skilled staff being sacked and inept party faithful and those of the correct demographic appointed in their place. Promotion prospects for the skilled staff who remain is pretty much zero, with the inept and entitled promoted above them despite being unable to do the job. Meanwhile thousands of unproductive non jobs were created for supporters of the regime to feed off the tax/rate payer.)

Why is anyone even surprised?

Last edited:

pinback2001

Old-Salt
Listening to a famous comedian on Radio 4 this afternoon ( I missed his name) He said he quit the stage when it became the rule, to be given a list of about 35 things that he should not mention during his jokes. The list is much longer for appearing on national Radio and TV shows. The politically correct prats have now sucked the guts out of our British humour! Irritating Bastards one and all!
I can remember a story circulating in my younger days about a well known North East club comedian who was booked at the Newcastle catholic club. They had been burgled in the past few days, and before going onstage the club chairman had warned the comedian not to mention this burglary as it was a bit of a sore point with the club committee. Suffice to say the comedian went onstage and started his routine by pointing at the large crucifix on the wall and saying "I see you caught the tw*t who stole the video" result - his act was stopped immediately and he was paid off. I don't know how true this story is or whether it's just urban legend, but having seen the comedian in question several times I can well believe it.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Verizon Wireless, USA.
Yup..we'd never heard of these wankstains either until 1 year back.
Out of the blue, SWMBO has been getting belted every other day from them into her Gmail from them since.....her email only differs from their targetted non-paying client by a full stop.
So, somewhere in Arizona, theCustomer Insult Dept. will find this in their inbox sometime tomorrow.
Not for the fidrst time may I add, so I upped the game a wee bit.

We live in Scotland...that little unassuming patch of land over the Atlantic Ocean from the great Yoo S of A.
Yahoo!
We have nothing to do with your organisation...unless you have by some miracle laid an underwater direct line to our door in historic Braveheart Country via the river Forth.
Your client’s email is as our email is with the exception that hers (?) has a full stop between XXXXX & XXXXX
Perhaps this is one reason why you need to chase her up for payment...or try to via us. Probably best to hard copy her and tell her to create a new mail. EG: I’madickheadaswell@gmail.com. If she is as thick as you, she perhaps thinks her land line & modem are a gift from the ShiteHouse.
Get your IT dept. to sort this nuisance if they can pull themselves out of Taco Belle sometime.
Mind you, what hope is there for us when people as thick as you vote for The Great Pussy Grabbing Orange One
Thanks...for nothing so far.

Verizon Wireless, USA.
Yup..we'd never heard of these wankstains either until 1 year back.
Out of the blue, SWMBO has been getting belted every other day from them into her Gmail from them since.....her email only differs from their targetted non-paying client by a full stop.
So, somewhere in Arizona, theCustomer Insult Dept. will find this in their inbox sometime tomorrow.
Not for the fidrst time may I add, so I upped the game a wee bit.

We live in Scotland...that little unassuming patch of land over the Atlantic Ocean from the great Yoo S of A.
Yahoo!
We have nothing to do with your organisation...unless you have by some miracle laid an underwater direct line to our door in historic Braveheart Country via the river Forth.
Your client’s email is as our email is with the exception that hers (?) has a full stop between XXXXX & XXXXX
Perhaps this is one reason why you need to chase her up for payment...or try to via us. Probably best to hard copy her and tell her to create a new mail. EG: I’madickheadaswell@gmail.com. If she is as thick as you, she perhaps thinks her land line & modem are a gift from the ShiteHouse.
Get your IT dept. to sort this nuisance if they can pull themselves out of Taco Belle sometime.
Mind you, what hope is there for us when people as thick as you vote for The Great Pussy Grabbing Orange One
Thanks...for nothing so far.
I didn't know they'd all voted for David (cheap as fucking chips) Dickinson, everyday a school day ( to use Gary Glitters catchphrase)

The complete shutdown in the MSM of the Caroline Lucas ‘all white, female cabinet’ story is bloody irritating.
The liberal establishment has very conveniently circled the wagons to protect one of its saints, even though she has exposed herself as a rampant sexist, racist and thicky.
If it had been a white male Tory who had proposed such a thing, he would be out of a job by now and the story would have been headline news for days.
Shameful.

She is watching some shite on BBC " shop well for less "
why , I have no idea , this week there are a pair of twats that are living way above their means her with 30k of unworn designer kit , him with a collection of fucking vacuum cleansers that stop working when they aren't emptied and they have no fucking sense of value e.g. two canon cameras , identical , one for her to use and one so he can photograph her taking photographs FFS

anyway , no problems with what they are spending ,what they are spending their own money on or that they are slowly going broke it is purely their own business

What does fucking get my goat is the BBC spending my licence fee paying to produce this utter load of poo yet have no money forover 75s that (maybe, not all) need a free TV licence

Twats with illegally loud exhausts on their car/motorcycle.
Almost certainly not insured due to failing to notify the insurers of multiple modifications too.

I dob them in whenever I can:

Thank you for your email.
An intelligence report has been submitted in respect of this vehicle.

Regards

Force Control Room
Me a grumpy old killjoy?

Fuckaye.

New hipster coffee shop has opened near where I work. The coffee is actually quite nice. They're promoting the use of reusable cups by offering 25p off if you bring one in. Just down the road is a Poundland. Reusable coffee cup at £1, natch. So I invest in one as I'll make back the £1 in just one day.

Next day I present my reusable cup only to see the coffee maker (I can't bring myself to use the term Barrista) put a disposable cup under the machine, brew the coffee then tip it into my reusable cup before binning the disposable cup. I point out the anomaly of the process and he tells me that reusable cups won't fit under the coffee machine so that's how they have to do it. "But why not use a proper cup or an espresso glass like you see in Starbucks" I ask, his reply is that they don't have cup washing facilities as it's take out coffee only. "So why not reuse the disposable cup instead of binning it?", he comes back with that it's 'elf & safety, cross contamination etc etc, so fresh cup used each time.

Given that disposable cups don't cost anything like 25p each, I walk away with my coffee shaking my head in bemusement at their logic and financial acumen, not irritated much, just very bemused

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
robroy The Intelligence Cell 139
AlienFTM Old & Bold 124
don't tell him pike The NAAFI Bar 177

Latest Threads