Things that irritate me

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
99% of all advertising, apart from the 1% truly original stuff that makes I laugh, but I'll never see a new funny one because I never sit through the ads.

It's fecked the internet and radio.
Boosted streaming due to the endless commercial breaks.

There are anti-adds that convince me never to buy their products, especially anything dubbed, with a hint of political correctness or diversity (or even all three).

Is the investment in marketing and advertising worth it? I can't think of a single ad that made want to buy anything.
I seriously wonder whether advertisements are worth the money, wherever they are. Ignored on TV by whizzing past on recorded programmes, in the street because people are looking at their phones, on phones/internet because they are irrelevant.

Put the money into wages, R&D and better products.

oppoStu

War Hero
I seriously wonder whether advertisements are worth the money, wherever they are. Ignored on TV by whizzing past on recorded programmes, in the street because people are looking at their phones, on phones/internet because they are irrelevant.

Would certainly be a less colourful world without them. But could you argue that by abolishing adverts, you abolish capitalism?

wheel

LE
Would certainly be a less colourful world without them. But could you argue that by abolishing adverts, you abolish capitalism?
I think you missed the point. Abolishing was never mentioned. People who do not read and understand really irritate me. Thick twunts

oppoStu

War Hero
Defensive people who get their knickers in a twist over a reasonable counter point raised from a comment on an online forum (god forbid) really get under my thick twunt-y skin.

Awol

LE
Agree with you - Oasis have recently touched on this topic with their new "No More Adverts" campaign.

Adverts have moved towards awareness as opposed to direct sales now. If you think about cleaning your bathroom pipe, you think Mr Muscle. You didn't buy the product from watching the advert, but you know the product in your head should the scenario arise because you have been made aware from the adverts, you feel more comfortable with a product you've heard of.
I ordered Mr Muscle online last month.

I won't do that again.

I’m really irritated by myself at the moment. A few weeks back I posted on here how irritated I was by the wall to wall BBC coverage of Wimbledon, mainly on Radio 5 Live. Thank God it’s over. However! Last year I posted on here how annoyed I was by the ‘new’ afternoon presenter on 5 Live (Nihal Arthanarykan). Guess what - he’s back and I’m annoyed all over again!
Perhaps I should just change channels, or even better, now that I am officially retired, I should find something more fulfilling to do with my afternoons! :smile:

It’s been said that “50% of all money spent on advertising is wasted”.

The problem is in identifying which 50%.

Freshly washed as I do my ablutions on a very regular basis, however I do emit the musky odour of a healthy, virile male.

Want to know more? Don't bloody ask. :D
Yet too girlie for cheesy foot wanks.

Waking at 4am for no apparent reason
Tosh! Best time of day to be awake. Take the degs out to the pool for a wazz, quick brew then spend an hour or so checking out the neighbourhood MILFs' laundry left out overnight and rubbing my sweaty groin with their delicates.

It’s been said that “50% of all money spent on advertising is wasted”.

The problem is in identifying which 50%.
I've always said that SAB should spend their advertising budget on making a better product. Do that and they won't need to advertise to sell their swill.

Ritch

LE
Yet too girlie for cheesy foot wanks.
Feet freak me out. I have a weird phobia where I can't even look at my own. Considering the amount of surgery I've had on my ankles and legs,.I'd get over it but nope.

Tosh! Best time of day to be awake. Take the degs out to the pool for a wazz, quick brew then spend an hour or so checking out the neighbourhood MILFs' laundry left out overnight and rubbing my sweaty groin with their delicates.
Dirty scutter! Filters can only do so much.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I’m really irritated by myself at the moment. A few weeks back I posted on here how irritated I was by the wall to wall BBC coverage of Wimbledon, mainly on Radio 5 Live. Thank God it’s over. However! Last year I posted on here how annoyed I was by the ‘new’ afternoon presenter on 5 Live (Nihal Arthanarykan). Guess what - he’s back and I’m annoyed all over again!
Perhaps I should just change channels, or even better, now that I am officially retired, I should find something more fulfilling to do with my afternoons! :smile:
Bowls? Skydiving? Flower arranging? Roller hockey? Such possibilities!

Agree with you - Oasis have recently touched on this topic with their new "No More Adverts" campaign.

Adverts have moved towards awareness as opposed to direct sales now. If you think about cleaning your bathroom pipe, you think Mr Muscle. You didn't buy the product from watching the advert, but you know the product in your head should the scenario arise because you have been made aware from the adverts, you feel more comfortable with a product you've heard of.
Barry Scott disliked this post.

BopBopBop

Old-Salt
Retired last year. This works for me, the most relaxing exercise I've ever done.

20190626_153027.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
robroy The Intelligence Cell 139
AlienFTM Old & Bold 124
don't tell him pike The NAAFI Bar 177