Things that irritate me

My feet? Eurgh, no thanks. My armpits, yes. Feet no.

I feel sick now.
Your armpits, are they freshly washed or all smelly and sweaty.

Not that I'm interested in the slightest bit you understand. No, not me.

Ritch

LE
Your armpits, are they freshly washed or all smelly and sweaty.

Not that I'm interested in the slightest bit you understand. No, not me.
Freshly washed as I do my ablutions on a very regular basis, however I do emit the musky odour of a healthy, virile male.

Want to know more? Don't bloody ask. :D

Feckin 'Grammarly' - without which no YouTube video is permitted to commence operations.
It's for illiterate mongs that grew up texting on mobile phones and can screw up spelling and grammar so badly that Microsoft Outlook's built in spell checker has a mental breakdown.

While we're on the subject of Youtube. Two unskippable ads at the beginning of every fecking video.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
And being unable to go back to sleep until half an hour before you normally wake up in the morning.
And then oversleeping.

Knobs who aren't interested in being uninterested by interesting things

Offa

Old-Salt
Sky News - Adam Boulton. Mumbles. Enunciate, man! Your job is communication. Moira Stewart on Classic FM is another with poor diction. How do they get the job, and keep it?

BopBopBop

Old-Salt
99% of all advertising, apart from the 1% truly original stuff that makes I laugh, but I'll never see a new funny one because I never sit through the ads.

It's fecked the internet and radio.
Boosted streaming due to the endless commercial breaks.

There are anti-adds that convince me never to buy their products, especially anything dubbed, with a hint of political correctness or diversity (or even all three).

Is the investment in marketing and advertising worth it? I can't think of a single ad that made want to buy anything.

oppoStu

War Hero
99% of all advertising, apart from the 1% truly original stuff that makes I laugh, but I'll never see a new funny one because I never sit through the ads.

It's fecked the internet and radio.
Boosted streaming due to the endless commercial breaks.

There are anti-adds that convince me never to buy their products, especially anything dubbed, with a hint of political correctness or diversity (or even all three).

Is the investment in marketing and advertising worth it? I can't think of a single ad that made want to buy anything.
Agree with you - Oasis have recently touched on this topic with their new "No More Adverts" campaign.

Adverts have moved towards awareness as opposed to direct sales now. If you think about cleaning your bathroom pipe, you think Mr Muscle. You didn't buy the product from watching the advert, but you know the product in your head should the scenario arise because you have been made aware from the adverts, you feel more comfortable with a product you've heard of.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
robroy The Intelligence Cell 139
AlienFTM Old & Bold 124
don't tell him pike The NAAFI Bar 177

Latest Threads