Things that irritate me

Known to matelots from Guzz to Sasebo as 'Jesus Boots' - brown leather with an enclosed toe.

(Up till about 1990 - I think they have switched to boat shoes now. @Ravers or @supermatelot might know.)

Anyone who has worn steaming bats for any length of time will tell you how much of a relief it is to take them off. Bastard things.

Flip-flops were de rigeur offwatch below deck anywhere East of Frinton. Paddling to and from the heads barefoot was stupid.
Still give me the fucking creeps...people should be publicly flogged for it.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
A minor annoyance but all the same it really get's on my last nerve when people use a similar word instead of the correct one.
I'm not referring to slang & jargon, how could any of us on here, but simply using the wrong word because they're a dullard.
For example, you do not transport a coffin in a Hurst, although that word is linked to the phrase "They think it's all over," and those gopping paintings on a wall so beloved in Norn Iron is not called a Muriel.

That last one realy grates as the missus uses it & she got a BA from Bournemouth Arts Uni.

I feale ur payne ....

I recently found not one but several people on Facebook Marketplace advertising 'Chester Draws'...
eg

bought an Ikea one eventually

I feale ur payne ....

I recently found not one but several people on Facebook Marketplace advertising 'Chester Draws'...
eg

Well, what can you expect.

The clue is in the ad.

"Excellent condition just not needed anymore
Collection only millbrook"

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Known to matelots from Guzz to Sasebo as 'Jesus Boots' - brown leather with an enclosed toe.

(Up till about 1990 - I think they have switched to boat shoes now. @Ravers or @supermatelot might know.)

Anyone who has worn steaming bats for any length of time will tell you how much of a relief it is to take them off. Bastard things.

Flip-flops were de rigeur offwatch below deck anywhere East of Frinton. Paddling to and from the heads barefoot was stupid.
Aye, up until the late 90s they used to issue actual Timberland deckies. My entry got cheap Chinese copies.

Along with all tropical working rig, they were completely done away with when PCS came in.

It’s steaming bats at all times onboard now, no more shorts either.

It used to be the case that as soon as you got past gib, you’d jump into deck shoes, shorts and manky old deployment t shirts.

Although I must disagree with you on steaming bats. Once worn in they are the most comfortable footwear known to man.

We started getting boat shoes issued around ‘’95. The old salts stuck to their old sandals though as the boat shoes were regarded as being “sproggy”. Led to some magnificent repair jobs involving maskers and all sorts- in order to not have to draw boat shoes from slops!

We're down in Devon for a long weekend, fuck me it's a long drive. Stopped off in Exeter. As we walked out of the car park there were three winos sat on the pavement swilling from cans and arguing loudly. Nice.

We walked into the city centre - can anyone who lives locally confirm that Exeter is indeed chav-wino central. Never have I seen so any skinny low lives wandering around with cans or bottles in their hands. It looks like the shithole of all shitholes. Lots of obvious vomit patches on every footway as well. Left very rapidly.

I feale ur payne ....

eg

From the Urban Dictionary: Chester drawers This physical condition happens to people who gain so much weight that their chest falls into their drawers. You can't distinguish where the chest ends above the belt line. A person's belt or pants appears to rise all the way up into that solid layer of chest / fat.
Dang, that old man has got chester drawers.

#chester drawers#fat#gunt#muffin#muffin top

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
We started getting boat shoes issued around ‘’95. The old salts stuck to their old sandals though as the boat shoes were regarded as being “sproggy”. Led to some magnificent repair jobs involving maskers and all sorts- in order to not have to draw boat shoes from slops!
Thank you gents- you've made an old bastard very proud

( jesus boots were not just another hallucination) Deck shoes???? FFS....

Yoink....nicked.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Tim Henman.
Loser personified, yet commentating on two of the best players the world has possibly seen.
Tim, you are an irritating twat.

cnuts who use slot-head screws. *******, the lot of them!
That's the whole of mankind prior to 1970!
It's Rik from The Yound Ones in a sensible jumper.
He's a lefty, LGBT$%:batman:XYZ activist and all round cnut waft.
View attachment 403589
Smack the twat over the head with a 1957 Patt shovels

In the Far East they were termed 'Sandals Mount Sinai' and in those days we used to polish them...or else!