Things that irritate me

A minor annoyance but all the same it really get's on my last nerve when people use a similar word instead of the correct one.
I'm not referring to slang & jargon, how could any of us on here, but simply using the wrong word because they're a dullard.
For example, you do not transport a coffin in a Hurst, although that word is linked to the phrase "They think it's all over," and those gopping paintings on a wall so beloved in Norn Iron is not called a Muriel.

That last one realy grates as the missus uses it & she got a BA from Bournemouth Arts Uni.
I have a mate who says he's going for a 'miranda about', the thick English cunt.

That last one realy grates as the missus uses it & she got a BA from Bournemouth Arts Uni.
Posh bint then. Takes it she works in a gallery looking down on us lesser people.

A minor annoyance but all the same it really get's on my last nerve when people use a similar word instead of the correct one.
I'm not referring to slang & jargon, how could any of us on here, but simply using the wrong word because they're a dullard.
For example, you do not transport a coffin in a Hurst, although that word is linked to the phrase "They think it's all over," and those gopping paintings on a wall so beloved in Norn Iron is not called a Muriel.

Sounds like yore having a complete hizzy fit

Posh bint then. Takes it she works in a gallery looking down on us lesser people.
Christ no, she did photography.

I still think it's all a bluff anyway.
I've never once seen her with a proper camera and she doesn't own one of those vests with 86 assorted pockets on it.

Like most BA recipients she works in an office doing something completely unrelated to her degree.

Mrs Malaprop walt

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
That is totally unnecessary, sandals are the worst thing in the world and seriously, seriously give me the creeps..

Known to matelots from Guzz to Sasebo as 'Jesus Boots' - brown leather with an enclosed toe.

(Up till about 1990 - I think they have switched to deck shoes now. @Ravers or @supermatelot might know.)

Anyone who has worn steaming bats for any length of time will tell you how much of a relief it is to take them off. Bastard things.

Flip-flops were de rigeur offwatch below deck anywhere East of Frinton. Paddling to and from the heads barefoot was stupid.

Last edited: