Things that irritate me

Twats being interviewed on TV who start their piece by saying, 'I mean'. That phrase is used to clarify a statement, not the fucking statement itself, dumbarrse.

Incidentally, I strongly support the use of canals for freighting appropriate goods. But only where it makes economic sense. The kind of interventionism that has been suggested (without direct mention) is anathema to me. And if it made economic sense for more goods to be shipped on canals, then they would be because that is how capitalism works.
Last week I crossed the Rhine Canal by bicycle at Breisach/Neuf-Brisach, and there were plenty cargo ships to be seen - mostly carrying petroleum products as far as I could tell. It seems that there is an economic case for it there.
Most major European rivers are substantially wider than UK rivers and can carry the larger boats and volume of traffic.

This is the good ship Sabrina coming into Shrewsbury town centre on the River Severn, the UKs longest river...

The Rhine...

Last edited:
I'm from Newport, I'll probably be offered a job when I get there.

Reminds me of my long deceased dog "Syndrome", would always get funny looks when I shouted down Syndrome when he jumped up at old ladies
We definitely need a groan button . . . . . . unless of course you're serious.

Manchester's your best bet - often cheaper than Heathrow & less unsavoury than Luton or Stanstead.

Yes I know we could go to Manchester, but you missed my "easy " demand.

You don't want to travel that far in the depths of winter, plus the hotel to make the flight and petrol.

I'm sure the holiday companies are missing a trick here......if there was a better choice of cheapish winter destinations, away from the muggers, gypsies and looky looky men, more people would go.

It doesn't have to be mad hot, just an interesting bimble, like Sorrento/ Naples or Malta or Granada, but from the smaller airports.

We usually go spring and autumn for our favourite holidays, but after a lot of surfing and squirming, we gave up a winter holiday, this year, there must be thousands like us.

Yes I know we could go to Manchester, but you missed my "easy " demand.

You don't want to travel that far in the depths of winter, plus the hotel to make the flight and petrol.

I'm sure the holiday companies are missing a trick here......if there was a better choice of cheapish winter destinations, away from the muggers, gypsies and looky looky men, more people would go.

It doesn't have to be mad hot, just an interesting bimble, like Sorrento/ Naples or Malta or Granada, but from the smaller airports.

We usually go spring and autumn for our favourite holidays, but after a lot of surfing and squirming, we gave up a winter holiday, this year, there must be thousands like us.
By fuck you are hard to please, its a good job you are staying at home I bet you are a right irritating cunt. That brings us nicely back on thread.

The environmental benefits of one slow barge versus 100 trucks have got to be considerable. I'm surprised it's not been mooted by the green-loons already.
Stark (novel) - Wikipedia

ISTR a Canal Transport Trust or some such optimistically awaiting an invite to a government transport meeting and covered pretty much every point that's been raised.

Its been a while since I read it, in fact my copy ended up a tatty ruined thing (as did every single copy I ever saw) when I lent it to a slightly psychotic fellow Sapper who dropped it in the bath at Chattenden.
Normally you had to be totally psychotic to take a bath at Chattenden as a bucket of cold water was generally chucked over the stall when you were relaxing, knocking over your candles, ruining your Enya CD.

Things that irritate me; people with sod all general knowledge!
;)

Women (and some very very strange men) who sit at traffic lights checking their hair/make up/lipstick and adjusting their Kotex pads and they miss the change of lights, the queue behind is supposed to sit patiently while all this is going on and they seem surprised to get a volley of car horns

People who squeal on the moderators and get good threads locked. The spineless cunts.

If I wasn't so shy, I'd start a thread about who grassed @Arte_et_Marte up and got the "Whatever happened to..." thread shut down.

Last edited: