Things that irritate me

Companies that piss about with weights and sizes of products, constantly reducing them and skimping on the ingredients then ensure there's no way to contact them to inform them of their bellendery.

I'm looking at you R*****t B******er. You and your shifty practice of cutting back on the size of your products while charging increased prices. That's twice now with the same product in something like six years.

Last edited:
Shop assistants who get grumpy when customers have the cheek to ask questions. (Are you listening Cook store in Dorchester?)

The woman was so busy counting boxes of new stock that she told her colleague off for interrupting to ask my question (colleague was new and didn't know, but thought she was doing the right thing by finding out).

After answering the question she became more grumpy when I asked to place an order. 'Can you go online?' She asked.

I answered 'I can, but I prefer to talk to someone in store so I can ask questions.'

Her reply 'Well I am busy with bringing this big delivery in, can you go online?'

I left the shop, shaking my head in wonder at the retail industry.
I'm sure Ed and/or Dale would love to hear from you. ;)
Contact COOK | COOK

We always love to hear your feedback, ideas or random musings - so please do get in touch with us by selecting your enquiry from the drop down below and filling out the form (or one of the other more traditional methods).

Manager of the Dorchester branch is Meghann

I'm sure Ed and/or Dale would love to hear from you. ;)
Contact COOK | COOK

We always love to hear your feedback, ideas or random musings - so please do get in touch with us by selecting your enquiry from the drop down below and filling out the form (or one of the other more traditional methods).

Manager of the Dorchester branch is Meghann
I had written to them before I posted. No response yet...

Like, what pisses me off like, is those gits like who say like, like, all the effing time like. Usually Septic girlie like.
Oh yes,

I was like 'you didn't '
He was like 'I did'
I was like 'how dare you?'
He was like 'because I can'.

I don't like that either, it's like lazy.

Expect abject apologies and a voucher, nevertheless bad service is a bad advert for the company, good for you my wench. It's something I do occasionally when faced with sour servers, maybe they need a change of career choice.
I did tell them that I walked straight across into Waitrose, where the assistant made me a coffee, gave me a free reusable cup, and helped me order what I wanted. Have written to her Manager too! Two extremes of customer service.

Shop assistants who get grumpy when customers have the cheek to ask questions. (Are you listening Cook store in Dorchester?)

The woman was so busy counting boxes of new stock that she told her colleague off for interrupting to ask my question (colleague was new and didn't know, but thought she was doing the right thing by finding out).

After answering the question she became more grumpy when I asked to place an order. 'Can you go online?' She asked.

I answered 'I can, but I prefer to talk to someone in store so I can ask questions.'

Her reply 'Well I am busy with bringing this big delivery in, can you go online?'

I left the shop, shaking my head in wonder at the retail industry.
My response to this and "can you use the self service till?" is "Yes, but I am trying to keep you employed".

My response to this and "can you use the self service till?" is "Yes, but I am trying to keep you employed".
Or 'yes, if you pay my wages'.

Oh yes,

I was like 'you didn't '
He was like 'I did'
I was like 'how dare you?'
He was like 'because I can'.

I don't like that either, it's like lazy.
I’ve just walked the daughters dog and felt a bit peckish, so called into a local cafe on the way home. I shit you not, I’m sat on the next table to two young lasses (probably mid to late teens) and they are having a conversation littered with “like” and copious swear words.
As I tend to avoid that demographic like the plague (bringing up kids was bad enough!), I always thought this type of character was grossly exaggerated when played for comic effect on TV. I was wrong! My bleeding ears! :smile: