Things that irritate me

You seem to think so. That’s what tailgating is in the first place, isn’t it?
Standard procedure on being tailgated in traffic is to slow down to ensure you have suitable braking distance, since you can no longer safely brake as hard as you would be able to otherwise*.

Still, tailgaters aren’t as bad as rubberneckers.

* Inducing apoplexy is merely a side effect .
]

Schadenfreude, delighting in the misfortune of others

I just don't want to risk my life if someone else is in a hurry, equally when I'm in a hurry get out of the way, it all seems very M&S tweed jacket and stout shoes driving a Rover 820 going to a National Trust cream tea, "I'm going to teach that miscreant a lesson, they won't get past me and break the speed limit Mildred"
There used to be a guy in Hastings, driving a pristine Austin Allegro, on the back was a sign that said, 'The closer you get, the slower I go!'
Not seen him for a long time.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
There used to be a guy in Hastings, driving a pristine Austin Allegro, on the back was a sign that said, 'The closer you get, the slower I go!'
Not seen him for a long time.
Quick was he?

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
What winds me up is old cnuts like yourself.
Your whole avatar the remarks on there, plus your post tell me all about your good self!.... An absolute gentleman schooled in Switzerland, no less!

No.
Amazingly whilst a very good snco I am not good at being told how to live my life.
Plus I became interested in man made global warming at 14 in 1967 and didn't want to add to the problem, hence no kids. Women seem to want them.
Marvellous.

Do you want to do the full length scenario instead of overopensights?

Software on websites that can’t be developed to watch out for water... eg - the nearest place for you to get a pizza is Cardiff (12.4 miles away) - except the feckin Bristol Channel is in the way as I live in north devon. The actual journey is about 120 miles and would take 3 hours, more if you’re on a moped and trying to deliver pizza.... grrr
This has been going on for ages, back in the 90s I worked for a breakdown organisation, they tried to deployed the patrols automatically. The software company bods were horrified to discover that London has a river running through the middle.

Last edited:

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
This has been going on for agrs, back in the 90s I worked for a breakdown organisation, they tried to deployed the patrols automatically. The software company bods were horrified to discover that London has a river running through the middle.
How hard can it be?

I had a blow out a couple of years ago, on the m5 just north of the Almondsbury interchange. I gave the AA the marker post number and the fact that I was south of junction 14 on the southbound carriageway.

Half hour later, the patrol called me saying he couldn't find me. It turns out he was in West Bromwich! At junction 1.

That irritated a bit.

Sent from my neocore_E1R1 using Tapatalk

Software on websites that can’t be developed to watch out for water... eg - the nearest place for you to get a pizza is Cardiff (12.4 miles away) - except the feckin Bristol Channel is in the way as I live in north devon. The actual journey is about 120 miles and would take 3 hours, more if you’re on a moped and trying to deliver pizza.... grrr
Presumably you'd get a refund on the pizza though? Every cloud and all that...

Those fat fcukers that wear football shirts when abroad, their guts make the shirts look 5 sizes too small even when they're xxxxl, they blob about randomly chanting engerland engerland engerland even when there are no tournaments or matches being played, cnuts the lot of them

Those fat fcukers that wear football shirts when abroad, their guts make the shirts look 5 sizes too small even when they're xxxxl, they blob about randomly chanting engerland engerland engerland even when there are no tournaments or matches being played, cnuts the lot of them
I hate those cunting cunts! Detest!

That’s why I won’t go away to the usual holiday places. My Mrs bollocks me for being a snob, but fuck that.

Totally agree should be deported immediately!

Latest Threads