Things that impress me

As a bit of an antidote to @kiwidoug’s thread (things that irritate me), I thought it would be nice to offer the alternative viewpoint - after all, with Brexit and all, we all need a bit of cheering up! Don’t get me wrong, I’m still generally a grumpy old sod and contribute regularly to the other thread, but I’ll give you an example of the sort of thing I’m alluding to.
This morning, out walking the dog, I spotted an old fellow on the other side of the road, with one of those litter picking sticks and a plastic bucket, gamely attempting to clear up the rubbish deposited in the hedgerows. He was still at it about half an hour later, when I came back down the hill on my way back home. “Good effort Sir”, I said to him in passing and he acknowledged me with a nod and a smile. Very impressed with his enthusiasm and sheer determination, in the face of so much littering and public indifference. I doubt the chavs even noticed him.:smile:

As a bit of an antidote to @kiwidoug’s thread (things that irritate me), I thought it would be nice to offer the alternative viewpoint - after all, with Brexit and all, we all need a bit of cheering up! Don’t get me wrong, I’m still generally a grumpy old sod and contribute regularly to the other thread, but I’ll give you an example of the sort of thing I’m alluding to.
This morning, out walking the dog, I spotted an old fellow on the other side of the road, with one of those litter picking sticks and a plastic bucket, gamely attempting to clear up the rubbish deposited in the hedgerows. He was still at it about half an hour later, when I came back down the hill on my way back home. “Good effort Sir”, I said to him in passing and he acknowledged me with a nod and a smile. Very impressed with his enthusiasm and sheer determination, in the face of so much littering and public indifference. I doubt the chavs even noticed him.:smile:
Mr Trebus?

We have grit boxes placed around the streets where I live. Last winter we had a really cold night, and the place was like a skating rink. A few of us younger residents went out to fire some grit around, only to find that one of the neighbours, known as "Auld Jim" had already done it. He's about 85.

I once watched a stripper in Singapore who whilst peeling her kit off was lighting her farts with a large disposable lighter, I was most impressed that she kept smiling throughout.

Why didn't you offer to help him?

Why didn't you offer to help him?
I did, but he declined, as he was almost done. I often clean up the hedgerows and rat runs around our way, after twats who think it’s cool to chuck their detritus out of their cars on the way through the village. I’d prefer the machine gun approach, but it’s frowned on.

Probably a sex case on community service
Tropper invented litter picking so he could look up girls' skirts. He was also the first person to be convicted of sexual offences and the first to do community service.

I once watched a stripper in Singapore who whilst peeling her kit off was lighting her farts with a large disposable lighter, I was most impressed that she kept smiling throughout.
On the same topic I once watched a stripper in Singapore firing a dildo out of her fanny into a bucket. I was most impressed by both her accuracy and consistency.

Mate, I don't care. Treat me how you like. I'd rather not be treated differently because of my age.
Mate?

You'll regret that, you mark my words...