Things other countries get right.

Absolutely my experience.

Crew bus driver here is picking us up in an hour to take us into town (Melbourne, Florida) and has booked us a table in a sports bar where it’s certain we’ll get well fed and watered for minimal $, chat with the locals who “just love the accent”, watch some undecipherable sport and take on about 6,000 calories.

Last night we were in Paisley. A gopping bar that stank of piss and stale beer with “entertainment” from a bunch of cretins with black and white faces who got all fighty when we didn’t know that St Mirren wore black and white and had just “achieved“ a 0-0 against Aberdeen.

Therefore to answer the thread title, the Spams do just simple nights out, the Scots just get pissed up and become c%nts.
Go easy on them, it's not often St. Mirren fans get to celebrate anything as glorious as a draw.

Which pub, as a matter of interest?

Of the approximately 200,000 arrests made by CBP for attempted illegal border entries just over 50% are expelled. The remainder have made credible bids for asylum and will be processed. If their claim is found to be false, or unjustified, they too will be expelled.

There is a process, they work to it. The reason the numbers have gone up since Biden came in is because immigrants know that the previous encumbant of them White House is gone and their kids are not going to be ripped away from them, or caged.

You must be imbibing Brandon's Kool-Aid!

There certainly IS a process...it's certainly NOT being adhered to.
I'm not a Trump supporter though the children thing you mention was extant during the Obama (I didn't care for him either) era.
The Border agencies are overwhelmed their morale is dangerously low.
I see Oklahoma is about to sue the Biden administration regarding their refusal to uphold immigration laws.
Texas is about to act independent of the White House regime to enforce immigration laws rather than abide by the latter's 'policy'.
Most White European illegal immigrants ARE deported though, I'll grant you that!
The entire debacle is simply a vote garnering exercise, ironically Hispanic-Americans (black and white) are slowly swinging Republican, so unless Biden 'anoints' illegals with citizenship in one big ceremony reminiscent of a 'Moonie' mass wedding or fans the flame of anti-White hatred towards the Hispanic community as he has the African-American the entire plan will backfire.

I find the Dems policy on unbridled immigration as distasteful as the Republican stance on Womens reproductive rights.

Go easy on them, it's not often St. Mirren fans get to celebrate anything as glorious as a draw.

Which pub, as a matter of interest?
Bankhouse I think it was.

You must be imbibing Brandon's Kool-Aid!

There certainly IS a process...it's certainly NOT being adhered to.
I'm not a Trump supporter though the children thing you mention was extant during the Obama (I didn't care for him either) era.
The Border agencies are overwhelmed their morale is dangerously low.
I see Oklahoma is about to sue the Biden administration regarding their refusal to uphold immigration laws.
Texas is about to act independent of the White House regime to enforce immigration laws rather than abide by the latter's 'policy'.
Most White European illegal immigrants ARE deported though, I'll grant you that!
The entire debacle is simply a vote garnering exercise, ironically Hispanic-Americans (black and white) are slowly swinging Republican, so unless Biden 'anoints' illegals with citizenship in one big ceremony reminiscent of a 'Moonie' mass wedding or fans the flame of anti-White hatred towards the Hispanic community as he has the African-American the entire plan will backfire.

I find the Dems policy on unbridled immigration as distasteful as the Republican stance on Womens reproductive rights.

I don't actually follow US politicians too closely as I find the particularly narciscisstic, self centred, and willing to trouser a bung. And, I can afford not to drink the kool-aid anyone is offering as I am fortunately in a position to easily buy my own.

The child seperation policy was eased through during the Trump White House at the same time Jeff Sessions pushed through his "Zero Tolerance Policy". This policy required detention and prosecution of all persons apprehended on the border.

Agreed, border agencies are at a low morale level - I have a mate who is an ICE Agent on a DHS task force. This is mainly due to the high levels of work they are being asked to carry out in comparison with previous years and not much increase in staffing.

Oklahoma interesting, and Texas is so Republican it will do anything and everything that is the opposite of what Biden is doing. They have shown this in spades recently when the governor said everyone can carry a gun in public, no licence required. Along with telling the Feds that they will categorically not allow any State law enforcement officers to assist with anything to do with the investigation, arrest, or prosecution of individuals relating to Federally regulated firearm suppressors. Just pro-gun BS as Biden is allegedly anti-gun. Childish, not the grown up behaviour I expect from a politician. As to the Governor bumping his gums about border security; very nice, who is actually going to do that as cities are not obliged to if it detriments them, and State police are stretched to their working capacity too according to the State Police Officer who was on a shotgun course with me recently.

The vote garnering exercise actually boils down to the presentation of a Bill to allow the restructuring of an aged and overly cumbersome set of immigration laws. An immigration lawyer in Florid once told me, "immigration law takes up more shelf space than any other law, with tax coming a close second". He also told me that the law is so convoluted that for him as a lawyer it is easy to get people in. If he has a client refused in one way he can always get them in by approaching the application in another way. Immigration law is overdue an overhaul whichever way you look at it

As to expulsions:

Estimated Outcomes of Border Apprehensions, FY 2021 through August

Expulsions.jpg

I think you can agree that the number of expulsions is actually quite high, and it has nothing to do with the colour of anyones skin.

Last edited:

Nomad1382

War Hero
As I said above, they take the piss with medical bills and charges.

Insurance companies have negotiated discounts that often times bring the cost to them down. Often times the cost to the insurance company will be 10% of the quoted price a punter will receive.

I had an Indian, barely english speaking, Dr prescribe the wrong pills to me. I thought I was having a cardiac event and took myself off to A&E. Four hours later they told me I was ok to go home, that cost over $5 grand, which luckily my insurer paid.

Just so you know: An American medical insurer has to authorise treatment, and may refuse payment to medical providers. It happens, regularly with people at the lower end of the spectrum. There have been cases where providers have sat patients outside their hospitals when informed by insurers that they are not going to pick up the tab.
6 months ago, laying in the ICU being treated for a pulmonary embolism (no. 2), I listened to the staff discussing having to find someplace for a patient who's insurance had run out. I'm currently waiting on my insurance to authorize a shot for my arthritic knee, mean time I have to hobble along in pain.

Nomad1382

War Hero
Illegals crossing the US southern border are certainly NOT sent back as a matter of course, their process is far more lenient than the UK's especially since Biden became President.

The 'Dole' in the USA is, perhaps, more stringent than the UK's though welfare programs are as generous for the ne'r do wells as the UK's are.
Catching them on entry, the process of deportation is relatively quick but once they make it in, getting them out is a nightmare.

6 months ago, laying in the ICU being treated for a pulmonary embolism (no. 2), I listened to the staff discussing having to find someplace for a patient who's insurance had run out. I'm currently waiting on my insurance to authorize a shot for my arthritic knee, mean time I have to hobble along in pain.

Being nosey: Who is the insurer and is it a work policy?

It's Blue Cross through work, the Fed program. They haven't been this slow before but the doc said it was a pricey treatment and the cortisone only lasted 2 weeks instead of 6 months.

$300 for a shot.

Call them and tell them you want approval, or you will speak to the plan administrator at your place.

We have Blue Cross (Kansas) too and my wife was the person who signed the bill with them every year so she figured out how to approach them for best results. Might not work for you but, worth trying a bluff with them.

What kind of arthritis: Osteo, or rheumatoid?

I ask because I have osteo in my hands due to using them for jap slapping, and construction work. I am going to get PRP injections, apparently it is a bit 50:50 but, hey, it can't make it any worse, and it may even improve it. I had PRP on both my rotator cuffs which both had tears from bike accidents and it has worked wonders for those, reduced pain significantly, so I am optimistic.

Nomad1382

War Hero

$300 for a shot.

Call them and tell them you want approval, or you will speak to the plan administrator at your place.

We have Blue Cross (Kansas) too and my wife was the person who signed the bill with them every year so she figured out how to approach them for best results. Might not work for you but, worth trying a bluff with them.

What kind of arthritis: Osteo, or rheumatoid?

I ask because I have osteo in my hands due to using them for jap slapping, and construction work. I am going to get PRP injections, apparently it is a bit 50:50 but, hey, it can't make it any worse, and it may even improve it. I had PRP on both my rotator cuffs which both had tears from bike accidents and it has worked wonders for those, reduced pain significantly, so I am optimistic.

Apparently cortisone is no problem but this next one is some sort of gel. I have the double deal, Osteo and the cartilage is shot. I'll give them a call and see what the hold up is. For now CBD (which I'm not supposed to use as a fed) and Tylenol seem to be keeping it at bay most days but...

Apparently cortisone is no problem but this next one is some sort of gel. I have the double deal, Osteo and the cartilage is shot. I'll give them a call and see what the hold up is. For now CBD (which I'm not supposed to use as a fed) and Tylenol seem to be keeping it at bay most days but...

The PRP cost me $1000, @Sam The Bam apparently has it available on his insurance as a State Cop, so as a Fed you might pick it up too.

If it was me with osteo and cartilage I would give PRP a go. cartilage is one of the things PRP is good for.

I also have a damaged knee from a bike crash and am planning on getting that done too when I know I can take it easy for 8 weeks to let it heal inside.

I wrote up my experience for the forum and can only heartily recommend the treatment - personally if I could get someone to do it for me for free I would get every joint and ligament PRP’ed.

Here ===>. https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/t...-i-is-healed-platelet-rich-plasma-prp.306872/

Mufulira42

War Hero
I started work in Germany (close to Munich) way back in 1980. It was a Friday, (1 Feb) as the rules then stated you started on the 1 day of the month.
At around 0900 our secretary asked me" do you like sausages?" "Yes", says I.
"Wieners oder Weißwurst?" - I'll have whatever comes.
"Do you like beer?" "Yes", says I. "Helles oder Weiß?" I'm asked. Again I'll have whatever comes.
Thinking that this is a massive windup on the new guy I sit back and await incoming.
30 minutes later in comes a chap with a little pull-along wagon with a bubbling pot of sausages and a mixed crate of beer. Cue pens down and beer, sausages & Brezn at 0930.
A regular Friday get-together (with a company subsidized beer kiosk on site).

It was also customary to hold an Einstandsfeier where you could introduce yourself to your colleagues by buying a crate of beer and treating everyone.
Very civillised.
A similar treat in Old Mexico upon your Birthday you forked over a 100USD and the on-site office maidens went out and bought cake, snacks. drinks ETC and all celebrated the event. Of course we consultants were advising Mexicans who had been successfully mining copper and silver in prodigious amounts there for 400 years before we arrived. As one fluent Mexican engineer remarked 'its always nice to listen good Bullshit stories but every once in a while it's truly amazing to hear a gringo professional at his best'

The seem to be a lot more hairy growlers in Germany

Latest Threads