Things one learned in the Army that you shouldnt have

A bloke who lives in my street just locked himself out of his car, and asked for my help.Useing the skills I picked up in Balfast it was not a problem. Does anybody else have a strange probably illegal trick they picked up in service,masterbating don't count

I can now reverse HGV (With trailer) even though I've never done my Cat C... Does that count?

Bravo_Zulu said:
Underwater knife-fighting ;)

Someone had to say it.
Daylight or Night?

Bravo_Zulu said:
Closet_Jibber said:
Bravo_Zulu said:
Underwater knife-fighting ;)

Someone had to say it.
Daylight or Night?
Either; makes no odds. With the black nasty over your eyes you can't tell the difference.
Thats what they want you to think. You evidently failed the course on the FTX. :wink:

How to nick shiny objects for no reason at all.

I was in a hardware store yesterday and pinched a "S" hook just because it looked nice.

There's more chance of me being called up by "them" for a balcony raid than there is of me using that hook.

Same as above kleptomania.

One bootlace and a knot at the end.
Another way to open a wine bottle 1 pillow and a wall, bang bottle on pillow against wall and cork will come out.

What items of mil kit can be used to open a bottle of beer, for example an SMG or a 432.

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
Spank-it said:
How to nick shiny objects for no reason at all.

I was in a hardware store yesterday and pinched a "S" hook just because it looked nice.

There's more chance of me being called up by "them" for a balcony raid than there is of me using that hook.
Glad its not just me then. I was only a STAB for a year as well...

I retain the ability to fall asleep in a razorblabe if I have to as well. Looks shite when you do it stood up at work :D

tropper66 said:
A bloke who lives in my street just locked himself out of his car, and asked for my help.Useing the skills I picked up in Balfast it was not a problem. Does anybody else have a strange probably illegal trick they picked up in service,masterbating don't count
Would you class chucking a housebrick through a car window as a skill? :D

Take a bootlace: leather is best. Tie an overhand knot in the end. Push the knot down the side of the cork with any sharp implement until it is below the bottom of the cork. Wrap the rest of the lace round your hand and then SLOWLY pull the lace and cork out. If the knot pulls through, tie a bigger knot.
I found just smashing the top of faster and not quite so fiddly.