Things hotting up with Turkey

DTBA

War Hero
I hope the Russians nuke Istanbul and the entire race of monobrowed sex pests are melted alive by Ivan's stock of chemical nasties.

I don’t think our government’s are really going to see eye to eye anymore. I very much doubt the UK is going to coalition with the US in the future.
I was being sarcastic. But ref your point, not unless it suits us - anymore than you'd join us if we decided to go to war with France or similar daftness. Truth is, with the size of our armed forces and our budget cuts , you wouldn't even notice we were there. We'd strain your log chain because we're lacking and we'd try to ponce off you. ( One reason Quoted to buy American is to use your logistics to overcome our deficiencies in stock levels and transport when we fight ).

I was being sarcastic. But ref your point, not unless it suits us - anymore than you'd join us if we decided to go to war with France or similar daftness. Truth is, with the size of our armed forces and our budget cuts , you wouldn't even notice we were there. We'd strain your log chain because we're lacking and we'd try to ponce off you. ( One reason Quoted to buy American is to use your logistics to overcome our deficiencies in stock levels and transport when we fight ).
But if you lose your seat at the table you won’t get it back.

win/win ? If it goes pear shaped and NATO does not comply with the different articles what do you think Erdogan will do with those 3 1/2 million refugees?
To which articles are you referring? They only apply if a NATO member is attacked on its own soil, IIRC. Any refugees from Turkey will have to pass through EU nations, unless heading for Russia.

There is that, but is it a poisoned chalice ?
We can't afford wars that are heavy on lives and cash anymore. The empires been and gone. You guys are learning what we already know, that being the big noise on the block means everyone expects you to "do something" , but it's on your account and with your boys and girls. It's great for the ego, but it gets tiresome and expensive.
Wyoming state is about 10,000 sq km bigger than the UK, just wtf do you think we can do ?

You mean like the French and Canadians re GW2? We’ll be there if it’s in our interests as we are in Iraq/Syria re IS. We may not be there if it’s not in our interests.

We still have capabilities you want and on occasion need as displayed during Op Shader/Inherent Resolve.

We can't afford wars that are heavy on lives and cash anymore. The empires been and gone. You guys are learning what we already know, that being the big noise on the block means everyone expects you to "do something" , but it's on your account and with your boys and girls. It's great for the ego, but it gets tiresome and expensive.
Wyoming state is about 10,000 sq km bigger than the UK, just wtf do you think we can do ?
Not burn bridges with no hope of repairing them would be a start.

You mean like the French and Canadians re GW2? We’ll be there if it’s in our interests as we are in Iraq/Syria re IS. We may not be there if it’s not in our interests.

We still have capabilities you want and on occasion need as displayed during Op Shader/Inherent Resolve.
Unfortunately, you also might be in the way our interests as well. Bojo has laid things out very clearly, which has not remain unnoticed.

Unfortunately, you also might be in the way our interests as well. Bojo has laid things out very clearly, which has not remain unnoticed.
Politics gets in the way of a lot of things. Something about glass houses and stones being thrown.

You should stop biting. Jonesy has come back after a flounce , that doesn't mean that he has taken a look at his opinions or posting style. He is still blatantly premenstrual.

Which hasn’t worked for Germany. When people learn to live without each other, it makes it harder to go back.
Remind me the next time Trump gets upset by Assad’s use of CW

Strategically, we have no strategy except to fulfill two contradictory aims of making money and wracking up virtue signalling points... Personally, I think the first is the only realistic option and I would happily sell CBUs to the syrian government and to hell with the international consensus.

Latest Threads