Things Canadian.

So it's your version of Punxsutawney Phil then? What's the drama? I should think it would be no problem to source a new groundhog? :?

View attachment 618216
As mentioned in my post the deceased is one of a series who have been given the name. According to other news sources they've already got another one lined up.

They had been using albino groundhogs for "Willie", so they were trying to source another albino. They had no luck on that so they now have a normal brown one to use next year. I suspect the delay in announcing the death had to do with frantically searching for another albino before giving up on finding one that matched the previous.

After the epic floods in BC, followed by more epic floods in Newfoundland and northern Nova Scotia, there are more epic floods on their way to BC. Hundreds of military personnel are in BC helping out.
Storm system set to soak regions of B.C. recovering from floods and mudslides
Crews working 'as fast and as safely as possible' to repair Cape Breton roads, bridges

Anyone headed to BC would be advised to be able to swim. It might also be a good idea to check local conditions before setting out to see if it is possible to get where you are going.

Didnt touch our region of BC but numerous roads and bridges washed out to the south. Truck traffic is getting through from the coast now, using the Crowsnest highway and then via Princeton. The Coq is likely to stay closed until Spring.

All this and I shifted into longs around the house this week.

Winter is on its way.

Didnt touch our region of BC but numerous roads and bridges washed out to the south. Truck traffic is getting through from the coast now, using the Crowsnest highway and then via Princeton. The Coq is likely to stay closed until Spring.

All this and I shifted into longs around the house this week.

Winter is on its way.
Winter can't come soon enough for me, l need the ground to freeze as it's so saturated with water you can't run harvesting equipment without sinking.

Winter can't come soon enough for me, l need the ground to freeze as it's so saturated with water you can't run harvesting equipment without sinking.
There was a story in the newspaper earlier this autumn which said that the grain harvest in Ontario was setting up to be a record provided the weather held up and we didn't get an early heavy snowfall or too much rain. And then we got a heavy early snowfall. I hope things work out. We got loads of snow today and are supposed to get more snow over the following week.

There was a story in the newspaper earlier this autumn which said that the grain harvest in Ontario was setting up to be a record provided the weather held up and we didn't get an early heavy snowfall or too much rain. And then we got a heavy early snowfall. I hope things work out. We got loads of snow today and are supposed to get more snow over the following week.
Wheat was not an issue in Ontario, it came off reasonably well in late July, early August. However overall wheat production for Canada is down 30% because of the prairies lack of rain, 2022 exports will be down or price of wheat based products will see a large increase at home. The biggest problem in the near future is many of those, myself included, who do tri crop rotation haven't got wheat planted because it was too late as the fields still had soys or corn on them. Spring wheat will be at an all time premium if we have a decent April/May.

There are still soybeans in fields that are generally harvested by the end of September that will now become worthless as the stems and pods are so brittle they break when they get cut by the headers cutter bar. Soybeans lose a lot of value when they get cracked or split, that is when dirty tricks come into play. Some farmers store early good quality harvested beans and mix them with the mess we've been dealing since mid October so when test sampling is done it gives false readings, very ugly practice.

Field corn can be harvested with snow on the ground and if temps stay below freezing it will be beneficial in 2 ways. Firstly frozen ground can support a combine a 100 times better than the muck the fields are now. Secondly is when corn freezes it loses moisture content which saves paying to use grain dryer's which are backed up beyond reason due to such a wet fall. The weather was haywire this year, last weekend when l finally chopped my popcorn stalks l found they were still alive, they should have been completely dead by Oct 1st.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Will stick this here for the time being, for want of a better place. But Airbus to pick up the CAF Air Tanker/Transport Requirement

Thread for those who aren't Janes subscribers

Since this thread is about things Canadian you have to take the good with the bad....Just when you thought Tim Hortons couldn’t whore itself out any more than it does, who do they decide to collaborate with to make them even sadder? That’s right Justin Bieber, you can now buy Justin’s timbits called Timbiebs and other tat when you pick up your morning coffee.....

That’s right Justin Bieber, you can now buy Justin’s timbits called Timbiebs and other tat when you pick up your morning coffee.....
WTAF are Timbits, and why would I want one(some) blessed by that pouf Justin Bieber? :?
CAPT Picard getting cranky.jpg

Will stick this here for the time being, for want of a better place. But Airbus to pick up the CAF Air Tanker/Transport Requirement

Thread for those who aren't Janes subscribers

You may wish to consider posting it on the RCAF procurement thread.

Canada has new air tankers pencilled in for I believe late 2020s. It's no surprise that Airbus will be bidding.

Since this thread is about things Canadian you have to take the good with the bad....Just when you thought Tim Hortons couldn’t whore itself out any more than it does, who do they decide to collaborate with to make them even sadder? That’s right Justin Bieber, you can now buy Justin’s timbits called Timbiebs and other tat when you pick up your morning coffee.....
Horton's and Bieber are a match made in heaven. Over-processed synthetic singer teams up with makers of over-priced plastic sandwiches.

Remember the fiasco of Horton's rolling out their very own poutine years ago? I do, because one of the bricklayers I know actually ordered one and liked it.

Horton's and Bieber are a match made in heaven. Over-processed synthetic singer teams up with makers of over-priced plastic sandwiches.

Remember the fiasco of Horton's rolling out their very own poutine years ago? I do, because one of the bricklayers I know actually ordered one and liked it.

Couldn’t pay me to eat that shïte....

I haven't darkened the doors of a Horton's in years. In a city of only 46,000, we have 13 of the fcuking things.
When they were just a donut shop they were decent, trying to provide a complete menu was what put me off, if l want a sandwich I’ll go to a sandwich shop.....

Don’t mind Timmies but the service has been shocking ( due to covid apparently) in several stores I have visited. They have started to make their menu more complex, thus making the wait longer and more likely to go elsewhere

Latest Threads