Things Canadian.

I stopped reading or listening to anything to to do with US politics decades ago. It's the same old crap every time and nothing much changes. We had four years of Trump and all the crap that ensued costing fecks knows how much.

And now we have an old tired man who by the looks of things is also a sick man being used for political ends. There is no low to which the basturds on both sides won't go, they have no shame and I daresay very little conscience if any at all.

I feel sorry for the man.
I gave up long ago until things started to directly cause me grief a few years ago, an example being taxed on drying crops and being expected to swallow the cost rather than pass it on to the consumer. Another thing is unlike some on here who have firearms l don’t make a big deal about it but my days of owning some are dwindling because of more bans coming into play. Very rarely is a gun crime committed by an owner of a legal firearm, but we’re the ones who are going to pay the price for those who use smuggled weapons. What boils my pish is the government knows who the big importers are but won’t do much as it will open up the racist colonial overloards accusations which justin really doesn’t want to deal with. These days l deal less and less with people and have even been labeled a hermit which is fine by me at this point, hopefully things will turn around for future generations, but l do feel sad for what lays ahead for them.

Do you remember Bill Davis? When he was asked about the reason for his political success he said "bland works". He died just over a month ago.

Many people who remember him regarded him as the ideal Canadian politician.

A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: We did it ourselves. - Lao Tzu.

And now we have an old tired man who by the looks of things is also a sick man being used for political ends. There is no low to which the basturds on both sides won't go, they have no shame and I daresay very little conscience if any at all.

I feel sorry for the man.
I don't feel sorry for him if you mean Biden. The fcuker has got enough nest eggs in his basket to keep him and his cronies comfortable for years. He's as dirty with corruption and graft as all of those fcukers in DC. are. The only good point in having this Alzheimer patient as our "Fearless Leader" meant that it blocked the egregious Hillary "I should Be in Jail" Clinton from having another run at the top prize.

Sleepy Joe Owns the Afghan Calamity.jpg

Went down to my postbox at the end of my drive as l saw the flag was up and figured just more bills, seems l was wrong.... Opened the door and what did l find, cannabis gummies.....kinda funny they were delivered to me considering l won’t touch the stuff and it wasn’t even my address on the slip attached to it. Think there’s a flaw in the system, good thing children don’t pick up the mail now isn’t it....
iVw0pZ.jpg

mwhPIx.jpg

I don't feel sorry for him if you mean Biden. The fcuker has got enough nest eggs in his basket to keep him and his cronies comfortable for years. He's as dirty with corruption and graft as all of those fcukers in DC. are. The only good point in having this Alzheimer patient as our "Fearless Leader" meant that it blocked the egregious Hillary "I should Be in Jail" Clinton from having another run at the top prize.

View attachment 604874

My Mother in law has Alzheimers, I wouldn't wish it on anyone, not even him. Well maybe on Pelosi but no not on anyone else.

Went down to my postbox at the end of my drive as l saw the flag was up and figured just more bills, seems l was wrong.... Opened the door and what did l find, cannabis gummies.....kinda funny they were delivered to me considering l won’t touch the stuff and it wasn’t even my address on the slip attached to it. Think there’s a flaw in the system, good thing children don’t pick up the mail now isn’t it....
iVw0pZ.jpg

mwhPIx.jpg
How close is the other address?

iVw0pZ.jpg

mwhPIx.jpg
Canada Post is the flaw in that system.

Try Fedex if you want a laugh. I don't think I've ever had a successful delivery from them but by Christ do they ever love trying to give me other peoples' packages.

I sent Fedex a photo email of the UPS truck and the USPS vehicle delivering mail and packages after they Fedex took a week to deliver a package. They stated on their tracking website that the road wasn't passable due to snow despite the road being cleared of snow.

The email had just one word on it, "Pussies"

I wonder if Sluggy would have tried these gummies? :?

Cannibis Gummies.jpg
You R Fooked Up.JPG

Canada Post is the flaw in that system.
Hard to believe but this case no they surprisingly aren’t. Apparently cannabis dispensaries can deliver products themselves for a fee and this is where this particular package came from.
How close is the other address?
That’s the amusing part for me, it’s the next farm over which is owned by a hardcore Dutch Christian Reform chap who also happens to be an OPP inspector.

That’s the amusing part for me, it’s the next farm over which is owned by a hardcore Dutch Christian Reform chap who also happens to be an OPP inspector.

Probably all the praying and taking a knee for BLM as well. it plays hell on the knees I should imagine. Guy needs a little something to take the edge off.

Probably all the praying and taking a knee for BLM as well. it plays hell on the knees I should imagine. Guy needs a little something to take the edge off.
Can't see him kneeling for BLM, Dutch Christian Reformists aren't exactly known for embracing diversity.... This cùnt has only spoken to me about 7 times in the 15 years they've lived there, first time was to tell me l shouldn't be cutting grass or doing fieldwork on Sundays, not sure why we aren't best mates...

Can't see him kneeling for BLM, Dutch Christian Reformists aren't exactly known for embracing diversity.... This cùnt has only spoken to me about 7 times in the 15 years they've lived there, first time was to tell me l shouldn't be cutting grass or doing fieldwork on Sundays, not sure why we aren't best mates...
"You can always tell a Dutchman, you just can't tell him much". There's a reason for that saying.

clothears

War Hero
From the trenches of the Covid Capital of Canada, where it was the best summer, evah!

My hospital's ICU is full, the overflow is full. OR prep rooms are being used as ICU beds. They are taking over a pre-op holding are for ICU patients.

Two nurses from my unit are redeployed to the Covid ward as of 0700 tomorrow. From roughly 40 operating theatres we are down to five because the recovery room nurses have been redeployed to ICU. If you have any ICU or CCU experience you are now redeployed to the place you used to work.

I'm hanging in by the skin of my teeth to my job. I'm too old for this shit. There is a reason I work where I do, it's because I went to the unit where there is little to no lifting, shift work is non-existant.

90% of the nurses in my unit are over 55 (the average age in my building is 35) and we face returning to the floor.

Thank You, UCP.

From the trenches of the Covid Capital of Canada, where it was the best summer, evah!

My hospital's ICU is full, the overflow is full. OR prep rooms are being used as ICU beds. They are taking over a pre-op holding are for ICU patients.

Two nurses from my unit are redeployed to the Covid ward as of 0700 tomorrow. From roughly 40 operating theatres we are down to five because the recovery room nurses have been redeployed to ICU. If you have any ICU or CCU experience you are now redeployed to the place you used to work.

I'm hanging in by the skin of my teeth to my job. I'm too old for this shit. There is a reason I work where I do, it's because I went to the unit where there is little to no lifting, shift work is non-existant.

90% of the nurses in my unit are over 55 (the average age in my building is 35) and we face returning to the floor.

Thank You, UCP.
Kenney's an idiot. You have my sympathies and nobody should have to be going through what you and your colleagues are. That's especially the case as your problems are all the result of Kenney's desperate attempts to hang onto his worthless political career, the only thing he's ever cared about either provincially or federally before that.

This article in Maclean's compared his "best summer ever" plan to George Bush's "Mission Accomplished" declaration after the Iraq invasion.
What Jason Kenney's 'mission accomplished' moment has reaped for Alberta

The thing that more profoundly enrages folks in Edmonton, Calgary and elsewhere in the province is the brazen certainty with which he unilaterally lowered Alberta’s defences against COVID. He declared a newly liberated public would enjoy the “best summer ever”—his party sold ballcaps with that slogan—and was fond of adding that Alberta was not just open for summer, but “open for good.” A senior aide boasted to doubters on Twitter: “The pandemic is ending. Accept it.”

It’s as though Kenney felt he had outwitted the coronavirus, conquering it in a way no other political mind was able or willing to do.

Worse than ringing hollow to a provincial hospital network teetering on the brink of disaster, Kenney’s slogans will live on as reminders of his folly, and his astonishingly hubristic miscalculation. He’s like former U.S. president George W. Bush, posing in 2003 on that aircraft carrier with a “Mission Accomplished” banner behind him, three weeks after troops seized Baghdad from Saddam Hussein. The American casualty toll in the Iraq war grew more than fortyfold after that flourish of bravado.

I have been reading in the news that Alberta have been asking Ontario if they can transfer patients here. Alberta and Saskatchewan, the latter run by Kenney's mini-me Scot Moe, account for 15 per cent of the population of the country but a majority of COVID-19 hospitalizations.

Hospitalization rates in those provinces are 10 times what they are in Ontario. But then again we didn't declare the pandemic was over, instead we relaxed precautions slowly, carefully, and in limited ways. Not all of us have jabs yet, but a lot more of us do than in Alberta and Saskatchewan.

And the article points out that it's not like this is the first time that Kenney's made this mistake. He did the same thing three times in a row.

And according to this article from June, if present trends continue it will be an NDP government after the next provincial election. I don't know Alberta politics well enough to be able to judge how well they would run the province, but it would be hard to do worse than Kenney, given that pretty much everything he touches turns into a disaster.

The splintering of the right in Alberta: 338Canada

2021-06-09-ari-ab.png

clothears

War Hero
BC said there is no room at the inn for Alberta patients.

Ontario better take them, we donated ventilators and tonnes of PPE last year when Ontario was circling the drain. We never did hear back what happened to the Vents.

BC said there is no room at the inn for Alberta patients.

Ontario better take them, we donated ventilators and tonnes of PPE last year when Ontario was circling the drain. We never did hear back what happened to the Vents.
Apparently Ontario have offered to take patients and Newfoundland are sending staff to Alberta to help out. Alberta are also talking to other provinces, including Quebec.
Ontario offers to take patients as Alberta reaches out on COVID-19 hospital crisis

There wouldn't really be any doubt about other provinces helping. We have though all be watching this slow motion train wreck from a distance for most of the summer and shaking our heads over it.

Looks like C-SPAN is going to carry the feed of CBC Election night coverage tonight. I might look in after Monday Night Football to see if Justin keeps his job.

CBC Coverage.JPG