Things Canadian.

Well for me part of assimilation (in my opinion well overdue), should be that we all pay tax as part of the same structure. And that bands no longer receive federal handouts or funding. We are all Canadians now.

Well for me part of assimilation (in my opinion well overdue), should be that we all pay tax as part of the same structure. And that bands no longer receive federal handouts or funding. We are all Canadians now.
Take a trip to Shamattawa, it will leave you questioning if they are indeed human, never mind Canadian!

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Site Admin

War Hero
For those that have experience of both; How do Aboriginal Canadians (not the french ones who think they are native) stack up against Britain’s gypo population as far being troublesome/unproductive members of society? Would you swap?

For those that have experience of both; How do Aboriginal Canadians (not the french ones who think they are native) stack up against Britain’s gypo population as far being troublesome/unproductive members of society? Would you swap?
I would swap in an instant....
On second thought, that’s a really difficult call....

The aboriginals tend to stay in the same spot and not set up shop in the local sports field.

Im sure that people who live near reserves have a tough time but not so much others. Driving through our nearest one is tricky right now. I would t swap.

As we are getting closer to election day, I thought I would update the polls more frequently. Here's the latest results as of Wednesday.
Éric Grenier's Poll Tracker

Here's the national average for voting intention. The two leading parties are still neck and neck.

Party​
Per Cent​
Liberal​
31.7​
Conservative​
31.2​
New Democrat​
20.1​
Bloc Québécois​
6.4​
People's Party​
6.2​
Green​
3.3​
Other​
1.1​

Here's the probability of who will form government. A Liberal minority is still the most likely.
Liberal Majority​
12%​
Liberal Minority​
59%​
Conservative Minority​
27%​
Conservative Majority​
1%​

Here's how that will likely translate into seats.
2021-09-16_Likely-Seats.png

Here's regional support.
2021-09-16_Regional-support.png

And regional seats.

2021-09-16_Regional-Seats.png

And here is support over time.
2021-09-16_Support-over-time.png

What I would say about it is that the results look fairly stable. The Liberals and Conservatives are still neck and neck, and any fluctuation is as likely to be just statistical uncertainties as it is actual change.

The PPC appear to have topped out at their natural limit of disaffected protest voters.

If things continue the way they are then we may come out of the election more or less the same as we went into it, with some new faces in a few of the seats.

Just listening to the political adverts in the radio in the car today. Not one of them mentioned what the prospective parties would do for us as a positive. Every one totally focused on mud slinging the opposition. Is the conclusion that none of them know how they would govern if given the mandate. Tough choice this one for me.

Just listening to the political adverts in the radio in the car today. Not one of them mentioned what the prospective parties would do for us as a positive. Every one totally focused on mud slinging the opposition. Is the conclusion that none of them know how they would govern if given the mandate. Tough choice this one for me.
All the major parties more or less agree on what to do, they just disagree on who would be the best person to do it.

I don't belong to any specific party myself and vote for who l think will do the least amount of damage that will carry over into future generations. Early on in this thread l actually admitted l gave justin the benefit of the doubt when he became pm, l now conclude with all his pandering, apologizing, and trying to force wokeness upon us, he will do more damage than good is my belief. O'toole now deserves a chance to show if he can do a better job, he at least genuinely served his country which in my eyes counts for more than living off daddy’s money and reputation. If he fails in 18 months or so he'll be out as well. As for Singh, he is just another poor little rich boy trying to align himself with the working class and poor in order to advance his ego.

I don't belong to any specific party myself and vote for who l think will do the least amount of damage that will carry over into future generations. Early on in this thread l actually admitted l gave justin the benefit of the doubt when he became pm, l now conclude with all his pandering, apologizing, and trying to force wokeness upon us, he will do more damage than good is my belief. O'toole now deserves a chance to show if he can do a better job, he at least genuinely served his country which in my eyes counts for more than living off daddy’s money and reputation. If he fails in 18 months or so he'll be out as well. As for Singh, he is just another poor little rich boy trying to align himself with the working class and poor in order to advance his ego.
I did too. For me it’s a choice between O’Toole and Justin, the others are just noise. Neither side really sounds like a clear advantage, and seem just as wet as each other. Ho hum..

And from what I know of the two local choices here both are pretty dopey. I perhaps shouldn’t criticize as I don’t want to stand up and be counted myself, but it does all seem a bit pointless.

I did too. For me it’s a choice between O’Toole and Justin, the others are just noise. Neither side really sounds like a clear advantage, and seem just as wet as each other. Ho hum..

And from what I know of the two local choices here both are pretty dopey. I perhaps shouldn’t criticize as I don’t want to stand up and be counted myself, but it does all seem a bit pointless.
My riding being rural is pretty conservative voting especially now since the farmers have been sold out by the liberals, but the local liberal candidate isn’t exactly appealing. I am not exactly young and have been very satisfied with life here, l just don’t like Canadian politics as they’re for a lack of a better term, blah, but I’m grateful we haven’t descended into the quagmire type of mindset our neighbours to the south have de-evolved to.

My riding being rural is pretty conservative voting especially now since the farmers have been sold out by the liberals, but the local liberal candidate isn’t exactly appealing. I am not exactly young and have been very satisfied with life here, l just don’t like Canadian politics as they’re for a lack of a better term, blah, but I’m grateful we haven’t descended into the quagmire type of mindset our neighbours to the south have de-evolved to.

I stopped reading or listening to anything to to do with US politics decades ago. It's the same old crap every time and nothing much changes. We had four years of Trump and all the crap that ensued costing fecks knows how much.

And now we have an old tired man who by the looks of things is also a sick man being used for political ends. There is no low to which the basturds on both sides won't go, they have no shame and I daresay very little conscience if any at all.

I feel sorry for the man.

Do you remember Bill Davis? When he was asked about the reason for his political success he said "bland works". He died just over a month ago.

GOLDSTEIN: Bill Davis bland, but never boring

Once, when he was asked by a reporter to explain his political success and longevity Davis — Ontario’s second-longest-serving premier from 1971 to 1985 — summed it up as “bland works.” (...)

What Davis meant by “bland works” was his belief that people liked quiet, competent government, not government that was always getting in their face.

Unlike today’s political leaders, Davis didn’t have to survive the damage of self-inflicted wounds.

To the contrary, he knew how to defuse political bombs before anyone else recognized that they were ticking.

I never saw Davis get rattled, not once.

Many people who remember him regarded him as the ideal Canadian politician.

Latest Threads