Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things Canadian.

My turkey is going in tomorrow. One son is working the day and honestly, I don't want to deal with the clean up on Monday evening and then go to work at 0500 Tuesday!
I picked up a few turkeys a while back for thanksgiving and Christmas to save a hassle. My sister went to get hers Monday and all that were left were halal, funny thing is we live in the middle of nowhere and l have yet to come across a local Muslim in over 20 years. Guess she has to find a burka to wear while carving it.....

You ought to move your Thanksgiving Day to Thursday like the Americans; that way you can turn it into a four day holiday. Just sayin' ;-)

Black Hills and Indian.JPG
Columbus HAH.JPG

Further to my previous post on conspira-loon social media channel Radio-Québec, Facebook have now suspended his Facebook page.

Facebook removes popular Quebec conspiracy theorist as part of campaign against QAnon

Radio-Québec is a set of social media channels including Youtube, Facebook, and others run by far-right fruitloop Alexis Cossette-Trudel. Cossette-Trudel also happens to be the son of two FLQ terrorists.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
And now Quebec conspira-loon Alexis Cossette-Trudel of social media channels known as Radio-Québec has been kicked off YouTube. He was previously kicked off Facebook.
Quebec conspiracy theorist kicked off YouTube for spreading COVID-19 misinformation

Quebec's best-known conspiracy theorist, Alexis Cossette-Trudel, lost another media platform on Thursday when YouTube shut down his account, which had more than 120,000 subscribers.

YouTube said it was removing Cossette-Trudel's channel, Radio-Québec, for "repeatedly violating our community guidelines regarding COVID-19 misinformation." The news was first reported by Radio-Canada.

I published a more detailed post on Cossette-Trudel a month ago here:

The town of Asbestos Quebec are changing their name to "Val-des-Sources" in a rebranding effort. The town was at one the probably the world's largest centre of the asbestos mining industry, but the industry in recent years has not been quite as vibrant as it was at one time and so the residents have voted in favour of a new name for the town.
Goodbye Asbestos, hello Val-des-Sources: Que. town changing infamous name

Val-des-Sources was chosen over other alternatives such as L'Azur-des-Cantons, Jeffrey-sur-le-Lac or Larochelle.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Fair enough

(There is actually a good reason for this)
Salt thrown up from from the roads making the animals attracted to the cars ?

I should add that moose are a particularly dangerous thing to hit on the highway. Their long legs put them at just the right height to go over the front of the car, after which their body crushes the upper part of the passenger compartment, frequently killing anyone in the front seat.

RedDinger

Old-Salt
I should add that moose are a particularly dangerous thing to hit on the highway. Their long legs put them at just the right height to go over the front of the car, after which their body crushes the upper part of the passenger compartment, frequently killing anyone in the front seat.

As demonstrated by these guys.

Crash Test Moose

I spent hours sitting on the TransCanada in NB waiting for a moose and the vehicle with injured occupants it wrote off to be removed. In my entire life l have never seen so much blood come from one animal, l had to wash my vehicle the next day from driving through a blood puddle. It was just after dusk so the whole scene with the RCMP cruisers flashing, blood everywhere, and a mangled Ford Tempo or Taurus was beyond eerie.

I spent hours sitting on the TransCanada in NB waiting for a moose and the vehicle with injured occupants it wrote off to be removed. In my entire life l have never seen so much blood come from one animal, l had to wash my vehicle the next day from driving through a blood puddle. It was just after dusk so the whole scene with the RCMP cruisers flashing, blood everywhere, and a mangled Ford Tempo or Taurus was beyond eerie.
Best thing to do if you can't avoid hitting them is to hit the accelerator, and hope that they fly over the car, not into it.

Best thing to do if you can't avoid hitting them is to hit the accelerator, and hope that they fly over the car, not into it.
In my part of Ontario it's deer not moose that cause the carnage. When l first moved here my insurance broker said the same as you, if you have to hit them, hit them at speed.

Latest Threads