Things Canadian.

Green leaves from 1921-1957, red leaves from 1957-1965.

And @terminal, you are being deliberately obtuse. The editor of that paper was not pandering to the blue rinse brigade who prefer the Ensign and Dominion Day when they came up with that disclaimer, and you know it.
Oi... my hair is neither blue nor rinsed ( other than to get the shampoo out ).

The RCAF are looking to hire a herd of goats for the Cold Lake air base to control weeds. Any of you who happen to be goatherds might find a new career there.
Cold Lake air force base recruits army of animal weed-whackers
According to an unusual tender that closed to bids on Monday, CFB Cold Lake 4 Wing Military Base has some steep and swampy terrain that is best managed by civilians of the animal variety.

They can seek and destroy unwanted weeds like nothing else, said Capt. Mathew Strong, a public affairs officer with 1 Canadian Air Division.

"They were finding that the civilian workers who conduct this work at the base were having to use hand tools, and like trimmers, and it was taking a long time, and it was actually kind of dangerous for them," Strong said in an interview with CBC Radio's Edmonton AM.

"When they got the idea to use goats and sheep or livestock, it worked out rather well. It's a completely safe operation for the livestock and it removes some of the risk for our workers."

I have lost all respect for the Mounties. A female Mountie sexually assaulted a male Mountie on two occasions, and not only did he turn her down, he complained about it! What's wrong with him?
Female Mountie keeps her job after groping a fellow B.C. officer twice
Here's the prurient details.
The first incident happened on an unknown date while the two constables were observing serious crimes officers interviewing the suspect in a sex crime.

"At one point in the interview, when the male suspect was discussing his own sexual preferences, you leaned over to Constable A. F. and placed your right hand on his left thigh and quietly whispered in his ear words to the effect of: 'I like to take it from behind,' " Thibault wrote.

The second took place when the Vernon RCMP entered a team in a community broomball tournament on Feb. 3, 2010.

Little approached A.F. in a hallway, where he was leaning against the wall, according to the decision.

"You proceeded to grab the penis of Const. A. F. and squeezed his penis with your fingers while stating: 'I see you're not wearing a cup.' Const. A. F. was wearing athletic wear including thin polyester shorts at the time you grabbed onto his penis," Thibault wrote.

"You sexually assaulted Const. A. F. Const. A. F. was embarrassed and shocked by your unwanted sexual advance and responded by walking away from you."
A.F. apparently complained to his female superior, but she did little to nothing about it.
A.F. went to a senior female officer to ask for help dealing with what had happened to him, but she just "chuckled," according to the decision.

That same superior officer, now retired, told the conduct board that she very briefly addressed the issue with Little, telling her something to the effect of "You gotta keep your hands to yourself; it'll get you in trouble."
The female Mountie has been fined 20 days pay and 10 vacation days.

I have lost all respect for the Mounties. A female Mountie sexually assaulted a male Mountie on two occasions, and not only did he turn her down, he complained about it! What's wrong with him?

A.F. apparently complained to his female superior, but she did little to nothing about it.

Our Jarrod must have gotten to him and turned him towards the dark side. :-D :-D

P.O.N.T.I

War Hero

No photos............................................shame on you

I lost respect for Mounties long before this, the Red Serge lost it’s lustre some time ago.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

I fully expect the same outcome would have occurred had the genders been reversed, and that there would similarly have been no outcry from the usual suspects.

Has the female superior been disciplined ?
Don't answer, I can already guess.

I fully expect the same outcome would have occurred had the genders been reversed, and that there would similarly have been no outcry from the usual suspects.

Has the female superior been disciplined ?
Don't answer, I can already guess.
Are you joking? If a male Mountie even looks at a female one wrong he gets hauled over the coals, if he touches one his career is over and shown the door, plus the female one would be suing as well.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Are you joking? If a male Mountie even looks at a female one wrong he gets hauled over the coals, if he touches one his career is over and shown the door, plus the female one would be suing as well.
You can't be suggesting that they're held to different standards in this era of equality ?

Was the struggle of the Suffragettes all in vain ?

You can't be suggesting that they're held to different standards in this era of equality ?

Was the struggle of the Suffragettes all in vain ?
No, none at all, l should have clarified it only applies to Mounties that are white, other ones would be given a pass because they are just exercising their cultural heritage, we are a multicultural country after all......

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
No, none at all, l should have clarified it only applies to Mounties that are white, other ones would be given a pass because they are just exercising their cultural heritage, we are a multicultural country after all......
That's ok then.
I understand that it's part of the female cultural heritage too.

That's ok then.
I understand that it's part of the female cultural heritage too.
Mounties dropping drunken natives off in the middle of nowhere in subzero temperatures because they don’t want to deal with them is now taboo as well. No wonder why they are having such a hard time recruiting these days, they sucked the job perks out of wearing the red serge.......

Latest Threads