Things Canadian.

As a funny quirk in Ontario’s manure management plans regulations, chickens can legitimately be thrown into manure piles as a matter of disposal, they’re classified as compostable....
Yes, you can compost livestock, but that doesn't mean just throwing them on the manure pile. There are specifications on how it is to be done.

Here's how poultry in particular are to be composted if not using a bin.

Note that there is specific mention of doing it properly to avoid attracting scavengers, with coyotes being mentioned by name. It also says that "any scavenging from the windrows is unacceptable" as it will compromise biosecurity.
The Compost Pile

The final pile is cone shaped, 2.4–3.6 m (8–12 ft) wide at the base and 1.2–1.8 m (4–6 ft) tall at the highest point (Figure 2). No poultry carcasses should be visible in the finished windrow; during the creation of the pile, carcasses are placed at least 15 cm (6 in.) from the edges of the pile. The cap is extremely important as it serves as a biofilter to reduce or contain odours within the windrow during carcass breakdown.

Release of odours is not only offensive to neighbours, it can attract scavengers, such as skunks, raccoons, rats and coyotes, to the compost windrow. Due to the prolonged heating of the material, proper composting will destroy most, if not all, of the pathogenic organisms contained in the carcasses. If a scavenger were to remove a partially composted carcass from the windrow pile before the process has been completed, still-active pathogenic organisms could be spread to the surrounding environment – other barns, farms, etc. To maintain biosecurity, any scavenging from the windrows is unacceptable.

Just using it as an example, no clue if it is or not, but chances are it will be sooner than later.
I just had a look at the Canadian ban list and didn't see it on there. Man that is some size list right there.

Yes, you can compost livestock, but that doesn't mean just throwing them on the manure pile. There are specifications on how it is to be done.

Here's how poultry in particular are to be composted if not using a bin.

Note that there is specific mention of doing it properly to avoid attracting scavengers, with coyotes being mentioned by name. It also says that "any scavenging from the windrows is unacceptable" as it will compromise biosecurity.
Quite familiar with that, but the hitch in my case is the farmer just happens to be an OPP Inspector and his mrs does the day to day running of the operation. You can only see what they do if you’re on my land the way his barns are set up, so it’s pretty easy to draw certain conclusions if he gets reported. In the past l have spoken to him because aside from coyotes there are vultures that pluck them out of the pile and bring them onto my land for a snack but he is adamant his method is legitimate. I have no desire to make an enemy of a cop, let alone a hardcore Dutch Christian Reform one, it’s a battle l know l would lose......

I just had a look at the Canadian ban list and didn't see it on there. Man that is some size list right there.
Here's the short version:

The newly reclassified weapons are:
  • M16, AR-10, AR-15 rifles and M4 carbine
  • Ruger Mini-14 rifle
  • M14 rifle
  • Vz58 rifle
  • Robinson Armament XCR rifle
  • CZ Scorpion EVO 3 carbine and pistol
  • Beretta CX4 Storm carbine
  • SIG Sauer SIG MCX and SIG Sauer SIG MPX carbine and pistol
  • Swiss Arms Classic Green and Four Seasons series (as specified in former Bill C-71)

The original legislation has several types of classification, including by type and by name. The new amendments seem to be adding models to the "by name" list, which amounts to a large number of specific makes and models. The above list though is what they amount to in practice.

The way they end up with specific things being prohibited by name is usually in response to specific incidents or complaints. For example, someone used an M14 clone to shoot some policemen a few years back, so the police associations began lobbying to get all M14s (and clones) banned. It's now been added to the list under this batch.

ugly

LE
They’ve been after the vz58 for a long time

They’ve been after the vz58 for a long time
It got overlooked when banning AKs, and so was quite popular in Canada.

The Swiss Arms Classic Green was a classic fiasco. Firearms which are converted from full-auto are not permitted, as they could be readily converted back to full auto by replacing a few parts. The manufacturer produced a separate model which was designed as semi-auto only to meet this requirement. The official Canadian dealer then took that new model through the process to get it approved, and it was a good seller.

However, then a dealer who wasn't the authorised one imported a batch from somewhere which were dodgy conversions from full-auto. This came to the attention of the police (the RCMP make the administrative decisions on this) who promptly banned all variants, including the ones they had previously approved. Then they got unbanned by cabinet. Now they're apparently getting re-banned.

Quite familiar with that, but the hitch in my case is the farmer just happens to be an OPP Inspector and his mrs does the day to day running of the operation. You can only see what they do if you’re on my land the way his barns are set up, so it’s pretty easy to draw certain conclusions if he gets reported. In the past l have spoken to him because aside from coyotes there are vultures that pluck them out of the pile and bring them onto my land for a snack but he is adamant his method is legitimate. I have no desire to make an enemy of a cop, let alone a hardcore Dutch Christian Reform one, it’s a battle l know l would lose......
So the issue is that he's doing something wrong, but nobody is willing to inform on him. You'd almost think that hardcore Dutch Reform had a reputation for being vindictive bastards.

You evidently need to do this indirectly. Sort of like someone (not you) puts in a complaint with the ministry of agriculture about regularly seeing dead chicken bits along the road, left by coyotes and vultures. This person noted vultures circling above a nearby farm and noted the location and thinks there's something suspicious such as animal cruelty going on. Etc.

ugly

LE
It got overlooked when banning AKs, and so was quite popular in Canada.
I think that it was proven in court not to be an AK derivative that pissed off the RCMP

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
There is little logic in Canadian firearms laws
I don't think the "fixed, no charge" kak is funny, but I'm sure "Canadian" is superfluous in your post.

I gather you would prefer that they phrased it as "here's a flag, stick it in your window, you ****".
I'd prefer it if the editor had some minerals and said "This is Canada, our national holiday is on July 1st. Don't like it? Then you can fuck off"

I'd prefer it if the editor had some minerals and said "This is Canada, our national holiday is on July 1st. Don't like it? Then you can **** off"
There's at least one site member who moans that he doesn't like this flag:

because he's still not reconciled to the change from this one:

I'll add though that anyone who doesn't like the flag is welcome to go find another country whose flag they like better.

Latest Threads