Things Canadian.

Sad to say Canada, but it's seems you are home to the planet's most insufferable bellend.

View attachment 448481View attachment 448482View attachment 448483

If you follow through on the original tweet you will discover even more examples of weapons grade spunktrumpetry, including the reasons he was expelled, his standing for election, and even videos of his behaviour on buses. Bit of local legend it seems.
Funny, he doesn't look a bit like Trudeau...

Funny, he doesn't look a bit like Trudeau...
Peter MacKay 'not happy' with tweet needling Trudeau over yoga expenses
Peter MacKay was "not happy" with a tweet issued by his leadership team poking fun at Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's yoga habit, the Conservative leadership candidate told CBC News today. (...)

MacKay said he wants to maintain a "civilized" tone in his campaign for the Conservative leadership and thinks that tweet crossed a line. But he said he won't apologize for it or take it down.

"Well, it's factual, but I want to keep the tone civilized," he said. "I want to keep the tone about solutions. I want to move to a better place and a better discourse. And so ... I am not happy at the way that was put up on my site. And I voiced that to my team.

A WWII veteran would like to receive 100 birthday cards for his upcoming birthday on the 6th of March. This is being organised by his son.
WW II vet Fred Arsenault is turning 100. His son plans birthday gift that's 'just out of this world'

Fred Arsenault loves getting letters the old-fashioned way — through the postal service.

It was while serving in the Second World War that Arsenault learned to fully appreciate the significance of receiving that envelope.

"He was in a slit trench and he would get a letter from his mom. So, he would read it at night in the darkness," his son, Ron Arsenault told CBC News.

"My dad was a private in the army … He was involved in the Italian campaign [and] he was also involved in the liberation of the Netherlands."

Arsenault will be turning 100 on March 6 and his son says he has come up with a birthday gift that is "just out of this world" for his dad.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Probably the best thread for this. The Leafs losing to their own Zamboni driver will never, ever, stop being funny.

Not certain whether I should post this here, or in the Emperor Mong thread.

Some twit of a militia infantry type from my hometown has decided to big himself up on the Canadian version of Big Brother, and has become a legend ( not in a good way ) on various Facebook pages ( Cpl for Life, The Angry Cpl, and The Garbage Sweep )
Military infantryman as a job description as opposed to civilian infantryman?

Last edited:
Can't be arsed to use a fake VPN to check out his credentials but am assuming he's the wiener that I think he is.:?
Canada chuck.JPG

Yeah, no agendas there. What a tool. As racist as the white people she rails against. Set her out in the cold in a blizzard with the other old people. She's served her purpose and needs to check out.
I also found out that she's a failed politician, so she also wanted to become a part of the "racist, colonialist system" that she so despises.

It's a year old, but I had such joy knowing that part of my tax money went to the CBC so that they could publish this:

I can't be bothered to read more than half of it, but it's basically just a rant about contractors who go to Iqaluit to fill temporary administrative positions in the territorial government. They go there for the money and to tick a box in their career progression, but they don't want to live there for more than a few years, and they're not shy about telling people how miserable they are while waiting for their contract to be up so they can move back down south.

And Iqaluit is paradise compared to a lot of remote Indian reservations, as it's an actual town and territorial capital with at least a few cultural amenities. The Indians complain about how for example the RCMP sent to police remote reservations don't stick around any longer than it takes to climb up the seniority ladder enough to get a posting somewhere else. The hired administrators working for the band councils on reservations (e.g. when the band council has been so incompetent or corrupt that an outside administrator had to be appointed to control the funds) also seldom manage to stick around very long if they can help it, once they find the reality of life there.

The answer to this of course is to educate the Indians and Inuit so they can fill these positions themselves. Except of course that for the more ambitious among them their greatest ambition is to get as far away from their old life as possible and not go back.

I know someone who had a senior government managerial role in Iqaluit. She lasted for one contract term before finding a position in Toronto. She had ambitions in life, both professional and personal, and they were not going to be fulfilled in Iqaluit.

Of course being told that their town is just a waypoint on someone's career does not endear these temporary visitors to the locals in Iqaluit who see their municipality as the centre of their personal universe. I suspect though that if you were to go out into the small villages of Nunavut you would find people who feel the same about Iqaluit as compared to their own village.

I can't be bothered to read more than half of it, but it's basically just a rant about contractors who go to Iqaluit to fill temporary administrative positions in the territorial government. They go there for the money and to tick a box in their career progression, but they don't want to live there for more than a few years, and they're not shy about telling people how miserable they are while waiting for their contract to be up so they can move back down south.

And Iqaluit is paradise compared to a lot of remote Indian reservations, as it's an actual town and territorial capital with at least a few cultural amenities. The Indians complain about how for example the RCMP sent to police remote reservations don't stick around any longer than it takes to climb up the seniority ladder enough to get a posting somewhere else. The hired administrators working for the band councils on reservations (e.g. when the band council has been so incompetent or corrupt that an outside administrator had to be appointed to control the funds) also seldom manage to stick around very long if they can help it, once they find the reality of life there.

The answer to this of course is to educate the Indians and Inuit so they can fill these positions themselves. Except of course that for the more ambitious among them their greatest ambition is to get as far away from their old life as possible and not go back.

I know someone who had a senior government managerial role in Iqaluit. She lasted for one contract term before finding a position in Toronto. She had ambitions in life, both professional and personal, and they were not going to be fulfilled in Iqaluit.

Of course being told that their town is just a waypoint on someone's career does not endear these temporary visitors to the locals in Iqaluit who see their municipality as the centre of their personal universe. I suspect though that if you were to go out into the small villages of Nunavut you would find people who feel the same about Iqaluit as compared to their own village.
Rant or not, I'm surprised that the CBC would pick up and publish what turns out to be a Facebook post by the author.

Would the CBC publish an article along the lines of "Dear Indians" telling them to stop blocking railways with such hackle-raising and condescending language?

Don't forget, the author said in her screed that "all white people are racist". I could care less if those were her own private thoughts and she can post them to her hearts' content. But when our national broadcaster picks this up and publishes it, that's where a line's crossed.

After all, every time the CBC's budget is being discussed, they always say that they're a vital institution that brings Canadians together.

My arse.

Hands off Indians!

Rant or not, I'm surprised that the CBC would pick up and publish what turns out to be a Facebook post by the author.

Would the CBC publish an article along the lines of "Dear Indians" telling them to stop blocking railways with such hackle-raising and condescending language?

Don't forget, the author said in her screed that "all white people are racist". I could care less if those were her own private thoughts and she can post them to her hearts' content. But when our national broadcaster picks this up and publishes it, that's where a line's crossed.

After all, every time the CBC's budget is being discussed, they always say that they're a vital institution that brings Canadians together.

My arse.
They’re your native brothers, lighten up He Who Runs With Bricks......