Things Canadian.

How utterly, utterly cynical of you!
No, me being a cynic would be saying these clowns from Malaysia didn’t have a chance of getting the best band on parade for drill and deportment at the Worlds this past Saturday......what do I know as they won, guess it’s time to cash in our kilts for pantaloons and sparkly shïte .....

Last edited:
No, me being a cynic would be saying these clowns from Malaysia didn’t have a chance of getting the best band on parade for drill and deportment at the Worlds this past Saturday......what do I know as they won, guess it’s time to cash in our kilts for pantaloons and sparkly shïte .....
I assume that their instruments were the pride of Sialkot?

I assume that their instruments were the pride of Sialkot?
They won Gr 4 with them, maybe the 78th will trade up.....
Best part though was when they played off after prizes were done they didn’t actually play, they hummed Scotland the Brave as they marched.....not taking the pïss either....

They won Gr 4 with them, maybe the 78th will trade up.....
Best part though was when they played off after prizes were done they didn’t actually play, they hummed Scotland the Brave as they marched.....not taking the pïss either....
Got a link to that?

I do have to say that the Malaysian band is not that bad, and they look far less ridiculous than the Indian and Pakistani army pipe bands who look like they bounce and wobble rather than march.

Got a link to that?

I do have to say that the Malaysian band is not that bad, and they look far less ridiculous than the Indian and Pakistani army pipe bands who look like they bounce and wobble rather than march.
I just used humming to get the point across, but you’ll know what I mean, they are at the end of the vid......

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Any more bitchfesting and bans will be give.

Anybody seen any evidence of this strike today.
Actually I have, went to town and was floored by the massive number who turned up on the main street by the city hall. Had to fight my way through the human wave of civil disobedience to get into Subway (had an assorted as I am cheap) and truly feared I was going to be swept away. It’s still a shock that the OPP crowd control unit wasn’t on the scene, but then again 3 freaks with dyed hair (all in late 20’s) that nobody really cares about can’t be taken seriously......Maybe if it wasn’t the same 3 or 4 local fuckwits who protest everything at the drop of a hat, someone might have gave a shït about the message, but when its an ongoing thing nobody is going to give a fück, I sure don’t....

Is that your standard response to everything? I can be a troll where ever I can - if I really were trolling you probably will really notice it.
Considering this is a thread specifically about Canada and the question was specifically about what’s happening in Canada, you have no actual answer but you feel it’s necessary to chime in with what’s happening in NZ which has nothing to do with anything. That is trolling in its most basic form. I could have brought up the fact you’re a walt and fabricator of untruths, but it’s not appropriate in in this thread or forum. If you wish to tun this into a pïssing contest, pick another thread and I will gladly accommodate you, if not, go troll somewhere else, thank you.

Last edited:

Anybody seen any evidence of this strike today.
I hadn't had time to read the news yet today, so your post was the first that I heard of this.

I just checked the news briefly though, and the only news report that I've seen that gives any crowd estimates is the one in Montreal, so I assume the crowds in other cities were modest enough that nobody bothered to take the effort to count them.

We're in the middle of an election campaign so there's a large element of campaign rally mixed in with it as most of the party leaders were in Montreal. Everybody who has an issue is going to be out in order to try to get their placard seen.

The climate protesters don't like Trudeau because of his support for the Trans Mountain pipeline and the oil industry in general. One of them tried to throw eggs at him and his children and was given a lesson in manners by the police for his troubles.

People in different provinces have different ideas about what the big election issues are. Quebec probably has the greatest interest of any of the provinces in the climate change issue. This to some degree is a reflection of Quebec nationalism as their large hydro-electric projects were symbols of national achievement. This has been transferred onto the climate change issue as their extensive use of hydro-power in heavy industry gives them a lower "carbon intensity" despite driving around in the same cars as everyone else. So a rally like this is a way to make them feel good about themselves, especially after the environmentalists had spent so much effort condemning them for building those hydro-electric projects to begin with.

This past weekend was Thanksgiving in Canada, when everyone gets together and stuffs themselves with food.
Several families were having a get together in Manitoba eating their supper at their cottages but had left all the deserts next door. When they went to fetch the deserts they found that a bear had broken in and was gobbling them all up.

The bear ate all the brownies, cupcakes, and cookies, but left the pumpkin pies. I can understand this, as I'm not too fond of pumpkin pies either.

I hope that everyone in Canada had a good weekend, and I imagine that at least some of you were busy emulating the bear in Manitoba.

Latest Threads