Things Canadian.

I have to say Michael Portillo’s latest ‘choo choo’ series Great Canadian Railway Journeys on BBC 2 is doing an excellent job of showcasing the Country. Portillo as ever is amiable company and the scenery looks absolutely stunning. The sort of programme that makes you want to get on the internet and book a holiday!

I have to say Michael Portillo’s latest ‘choo choo’ series Great Canadian Railway Journeys on BBC 2 is doing an excellent job of showcasing the Country. Portillo as ever is amiable company and the scenery looks absolutely stunning. The sort of programme that makes you want to get on the internet and book a holiday!
I'm assuming that he took "The Canadian" on its trans-continental journey?

I'm assuming that he took "The Canadian" on its trans-continental journey?
That has featured in the series. Today he is In Saskatchewan Province around a town called Portage La Prairie. Fascinating stuff.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Saskatchewan: A place where the land is so flat, you can see your dog running away from home for a week.
Saskatchewan- difficult to spell, easy to draw.

Picked up one of these in a Niagara Falls souvenir/tat store in 1965. Too bad I lost it as it might be worth some dosh today. The flag that eventually became Canada's official flag is too monochromatic. A little contrasting colour is what one needs..

1965 Canada Flag finalist.JPG

Picked up one of these in a Niagara Falls souvenir/tat store in 1965. Too bad I lost it as it might be worth some dosh today. The flag that eventually became Canada's official flag is too monochromatic. A little contrasting colour is what one needs..

View attachment 374658
I like the look of that flag more than our current flag, but the thing is Canada's official colours were declared to be only red and white by King George V in 1921. Our current duster represents that.

Maybe. I dunno. I sorta liked it at the time. Was a very long time ago. One of the very few Canuck shows I ever watched. Apart from Trailer Park Boys.
Canadian sitcoms are normally really bad, and especially ones from the CBC, as they're usually the welfare line for Canadian actors who we don't want to see again.

Canadian sitcoms are normally really bad, and especially ones from the CBC, as they're usually the welfare line for Canadian actors who we don't want to see again.
CBC does make some factual-ish documentaries/ pieces from time to time. Never really watched many of their shows. And anyone Canadian who can act a half a damn is south of the border anyways.

I'd prefer that the whole Millhaven prison burns to the ground with everyone locked inside it.

But I am a bit of a social reformer.
I would only be truly happy with that if Carla (or whatever the demon is now known as)was making a visit when it went up in smoke.....