Things about to go very tits up in Syria?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by cavemandave, Jul 23, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Syria: US Warns Assad Over Chemical Weapons
    Barack Obama issues a stern rebuke to Syria over claims the regime could use chemical weapons against "external aggression".

The US has warned Syria not to even consider using chemical weapons after the regime suggested its arsenal might be employed against "external aggression".

It is the first time that the Syrian government has openly admitted possessing unconventional weapons.

Foreign ministry spokesman Jihad Makdissi told a news conference in Damascus that they would not be used against Syrians but said they could be used in the case of "external aggression".

In response, US President Barack Obama urged the regime against making a "tragic mistake".

"Given the regime's stockpile of chemical weapons, we will continue to make it clear to Assad and those around him that the world is watching," he said.

"They will be held accountable by the international community and the United States should they make the tragic mistake of using those weapons."

The Syrian comments also prompted a swift response from the Pentagon, with a spokesman saying Syria should not "think one iota" about using the weapons.

British Foreign Secretary William Hague said the suggestion the regime would use its chemical weapons was "unacceptable" under any circumstances.

Syria: US Warns Assad Over Chemical Weapons

2. Syria has made it clear that it would only use deadly chemical or biological weapons if it was attacked by outside forces and flatly rejected a call by the Arab League for President Bashar al-Assad to relinquish power to end the country's escalating crisis.

Ban Ki-moon, the UN secretary general, added his voice to a chorus of alarm over the issue as the Damascus government scored what observers ridiculed as a damaging own goal on Monday by admitting for the first time that it possessed an arsenal of the banned weapons.

Syria insists chemical weapons would only be used against outside forces | World news | guardian.co.uk

3. Be in time. Mask in 9

• Like Like x 1
  4. cbrn trg back in vouge ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. dust off the RVD'S. now we might see if GSR is all singing and dancing.

6. I've not even used my new Gsr yet and to be honest I don't want to use it ever for real anyway!

7. for sale NAPS and BAPS, still in wrapper, TELIC gen issue.

8. o poo. i might just have a use for that cdc worker qual......

9. Quick, someone call Honnington - have the Jt CBRN Regt put on standby...oh wait. We did what with with it? Hey, STABs, can anyone hotwire a Fuchs?

• Like Like x 1
  10. the ''clanks'' have just been saved.

11. breaking news, s10 gets another 5 years extension of service.

• Like Like x 1
  12. run into the bright light.

• Like Like x 1