Thieving Geordie Scum

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by 2/51, Jun 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Had to make up a Daily Mail heading for this thread...

,,,"Jubilee celebrations at a Newcastle cathedral were marred when items including medals were stolen from displays.

St Nicholas Cathedral held a weekend of events, including a flower festival, to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee which attracted more than 2,000 visitors.

Military medals, map-making instruments and a vintage flying scarf were taken from the floral exhibitions."

BBC News - Theft mars St Nicholas Cathedral Jubilee celebration

ps. My grandparents were Geordies so I can judge all Geordies with the same bigotry :)

2. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Anybody want to buy an antique scarf?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Can you get me the flowers?

4. Makes a nice change from Scousers bump starting the Bus.

5. Not a geordie but live in Geordie land for my sins....... need to go somewhere might have the righ tool to make your map..no need for a satnav..:thumright:.

6. A2_Matelot

A2_Matelot LE Book Reviewer

I am a Geordie, but my bling is my bling and which Geordie wears a scarf? 20 years away and I still don't wear a coat in the winter.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Some bastard nick it?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Just couldn't help yourself now, could you! :)

9. When I saw the heading, I thought it was going to be about 3RRF circa 1980.

10. Well, if you leave things on display with 'more than 2000 visitors', what do they think will happen.

'Reverend Canon Sheila Bamber said the thefts were "outrageous".'

Fucking numb cunts. Similar to saying 'yeah I left my car keys in my car, and it was running, and someone simply jumped in and nicked it!!!' Oh the horror, the horror.

Anyway, who is to say it was a Geordie that stole these items. We have all sorts of imports, national and international, cutting about the capital city of the north these days. I reckon it was one of them dirty Kosovans you see walking around. You know the ones, with chip grease all over their hairdoos and wearing leather jackets with tracky bottoms.

Actually, that sounds more like scousers.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bizarrely you can leave you keys in a car that was running in Hong Kong and have about a 1,000% less chance of having it nicked than in the UK..

12. It'll go nicely with some medals I have available. Just right for next November. Any takers?

• Like Like x 1

13. No wonder, have you seen the state of their cars

14. Alternatively, you can lock your keys in your car in the UK and there will be plenty people with the knowledge to get them back out for you.

15. Especially if you leave it anywhere near Thieving Geordie Scum of course.

Oddly enough I wouldn't think of stealing someones car even if it was left running with the doors open, nor stealing medals etc just because they weren't nailed down.

More fool me I suppose.