Thieves steal name plaques from war memorial

Every time I come here, it seems to be because some twunt's gone and disgraced my home town and disrespected our forces.

Here we go again: Thieves rob brass plaques from War Memorial

That's our village's *newly-restored* war memorial. Cost a bloody fortune and it looks just grand.

What can you do with this scum [short of giving them a ten yard head start]? We'll be out shaking collection tins, but that's hardly the point.

Hire a mason and chip the names in it. Not that I condone theft, but leave a 200 quid lying around and some bugger is going to steal it! Sorry for being so realistic.

Nah, catch 'em and make 'em explain themselves to the relatives of the deceased. Wouldn't happen twice after that.

whisky_octopus said:
Nah, catch 'em and make 'em explain themselves to the relatives of the deceased. Wouldn't happen twice after that.
Catch them then clap them in the stocks set up next to the memorial for a fortnight.Fcuking scum.

hedgehog64 said:
whisky_octopus said:
Catch them then clap them in the stocks set up next to the memorial for a fortnight.Fcuking scum.
Then shoot the cnuts..

You have my sympathies.
When I read this sort of thing it gives me some comfort that our own war memorial was carved out of a granite block.
The thing is, scrap metal prices have plummeted since last years extreme highs. Hardly worth prising bronze plaques off the war memorial.
A degree of blame also has to lie with the sort of unscrupulous scrap merchants who will give money to scrotes waltzing up with bronze plaques containing lists of names.
Some thief stole a small (4" x 6") dedication plaque from a seat on the main street here. I replaced it with a 'staybrite' type aluminium plaque and so far (touch wood) it's been left alone.
They just have to try to make these things less attractive. I know they have paid a lot to restore the monument but it is clear they are unable to keep it secure. There's no easy solution.

BarkingSpider said:
You have my sympathies.
When I read this sort of thing it gives me some comfort that our own war memorial was carved out of a granite block.
The thing is, scrap metal prices have plummeted since last years extreme highs. Hardly worth prising bronze plaques off the war memorial.
A degree of blame also has to lie with the sort of unscrupulous scrap merchants who will give money to scrotes waltzing up with bronze plaques containing lists of names.
Some thief stole a small (4" x 6") dedication plaque from a seat on the main street here. I replaced it with a 'staybrite' type aluminium plaque and so far (touch wood) it's been left alone.
They just have to try to make these things less attractive. I know they have paid a lot to restore the monument but it is clear they are unable to keep it secure. There's no easy solution.
Not while the Police are more interested in pursuing Diversity Quotas rather than criminals.

****ing SCUM!

A

ALVIN

Why? Scum like this should be forced into the army and sent to the front line. I call for special laws to make this happen. :evil:

i was talking to a mate of mine who said he was told to join the army or goto prison (this was 10 years ago) for a crime he committed (dont know the crime) is this true or just bullsh!t? (he only lasted 2 years with mixed stories as to why he left ranging from: I stuck a gun in a officers face and got an honourable discharge to i brought myself out) i know for sure he served as i have seen the photos just curious about the arrsers opinions. Thanx All :D

nah nah
they need love and understanding and a new pair of trainers and a t shirt

reading I vandalise war memorials
can become part of p company just before the log run catch the pikey :twisted:

I know lots of you like to say what you would like to do to criminals, but does anybody here actually follow through with it? You don't believe the Police are effective so why not take it into your own hands?

I'm just curious as alot of people seem to have reached this conclusion but are they making the next step and actually doing something about it? Maybe they are and aren't talking about it on here?

Snap their thieving bloody fingers off one by one!!
They dont care about the deceased or the honour that they died for, and why should they when the courts basically give them a slap on the back and a well done, instead of a smack in the chops with a lump hammer!
They would rob their grannies false teeth if they thought they could get a couple of quid for them.
Sadly, this sort of thing will continue until the goverment wakes up and really does make the punishment fit the crime and more so, until the parents instill respect into their kids from the cradle.

r_gmt said:
I know lots of you like to say what you would like to do to criminals, but does anybody here actually follow through with it? You don't believe the Police are effective so why not take it into your own hands?

I'm just curious as alot of people seem to have reached this conclusion but are they making the next step and actually doing something about it? Maybe they are and aren't talking about it on here?
Don't be daft, this is the outrage bus.

Most war memorials were designed without the thought that anyone might actually wish to cause damage. They are simply there to remind us of who gave everything for our freedom.
If we don't actually take the trouble to educate youngsters, then we can hardly be surprised when they sit on/write on/skateboard on the war memorials. Some of us are making efforts to educate our local youth. 'Taking the next step' as you put it.

The people who stole these plaques for the scrap value are more than likely feeding a habit. Education would not make a blind bit of difference. The same might be said for punishment too.

Hence the outrage bus. We don't want to just let it go by without voicing an opinion. But that's because we've all been educated as to the relevance of war memorials.
It would be nice to think that these people could have a conscience, but they wouldn't feel bad about doing it, they'd only feel bad about getting caught.