Thieves steal name plaques from war memorial

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by AlbertOBalsam, Jul 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Every time I come here, it seems to be because some twunt's gone and disgraced my home town and disrespected our forces.

Here we go again: Thieves rob brass plaques from War Memorial

That's our village's *newly-restored* war memorial. Cost a bloody fortune and it looks just grand.

What can you do with this scum [short of giving them a ten yard head start]? We'll be out shaking collection tins, but that's hardly the point.
  2. Hire a mason and chip the names in it. Not that I condone theft, but leave a 200 quid lying around and some bugger is going to steal it! Sorry for being so realistic.
  3. Nah, catch 'em and make 'em explain themselves to the relatives of the deceased. Wouldn't happen twice after that.
  4. Catch them then clap them in the stocks set up next to the memorial for a fortnight.Fcuking scum.
  5. Then shoot the cnuts..
  6. Aye,if there was anything left to shoot.
  7. You have my sympathies.
    When I read this sort of thing it gives me some comfort that our own war memorial was carved out of a granite block.
    The thing is, scrap metal prices have plummeted since last years extreme highs. Hardly worth prising bronze plaques off the war memorial.
    A degree of blame also has to lie with the sort of unscrupulous scrap merchants who will give money to scrotes waltzing up with bronze plaques containing lists of names.
    Some thief stole a small (4" x 6") dedication plaque from a seat on the main street here. I replaced it with a 'staybrite' type aluminium plaque and so far (touch wood) it's been left alone.
    They just have to try to make these things less attractive. I know they have paid a lot to restore the monument but it is clear they are unable to keep it secure. There's no easy solution.
  8. Not while the Police are more interested in pursuing Diversity Quotas rather than criminals.
  9. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

I'd say "capture them and give them to MDN" but no idea where he is.
  10. ****ing SCUM!
  11. I'm a very collected person, but catching anyone inflicting damage on a war memorial is one of those things that would push me over the edge.

13. LOL digital geek!! Priceless
  14. chop their fookin arms and legs off with a spoon!! :x
  15. Why? Scum like this should be forced into the army and sent to the front line. I call for special laws to make this happen. :evil: